Fear of Lucidity

Okay, let me describe to you this lucid dream I had when WILDing. I lost conciousness for like a second, then appeared in a dream which went lucid. I walked around the room and in the corner of my eye I thought I saw some black shadowing thing, but it wasn’t there when I turned my face. Scared, I began to walk around, but feared that behind every door was some black shadowying demon. I could imagine in my mind it happening, was very scared, and remembered someone saying “If in a dream you think something will happen, it will.” I tried and tried to get that demon idea out of my head, but I just couln’t. Its like trying to not think of something, which never works because by trying not to think about something you actually are thinking about it. So, out of fear, I induced waking and “fell” into my body and awoke.

So here’s my question, could someone tell me how not to fear some demon thing, and how to get that idea out of my mind. I’m yet to encounter one in a lucid dream (though they used to plague my nighmares). Is it really true that if you think it will happen, it will?? Thanks to everyone in advance!

~Ben

In a dream, you can do anything right? So just imagine that you have the ability to create some sort of weapon, (ball of fire, shotgun, whatever) and just blow that demon to smithereens, as you said, if you believe that you have the power to defeat it, it will be no problem.

fight fight fight, kill your enemys

lol this way you end up facing your problem in real life by fighting and not running away. trust me it is worth it

Richard

You could chase down the demon and rape him. I doubt he’d ever show up again :cool_laugh:

You could ignore him, kill him, or just change dreamscapes, the possibilities are endless.

…Rape a demon?

You_are_sick_
you better morph that demon into something a little more pretty first
:wiske:

and come on what’s so bad about dying in dreams? Well I shouldn’t be talking I wanted a wolf to bite me in one of my LDs and then chickened out of it :bored:

Yes ben7, if you really try NOT to think about something it just doesn’t go away. You can test this any moment, don’t try to think about a pink elephant the next 5 seconds :grin: . That’s the way the mind works, the more we want something to go away the more we get obsessed about it. To focus negatively on something (resisting) is not so different in its effects from focussing on something positively (craving).

The best thing to do is to let go effortlessly, and you can do this by accepting it as it is, just a “dream-demon”, and then instead of focussing all your energy on it your mind will spontaneously withdraw its attention. Learning to let go through acceptance is not easy especially if you are the control-freak type of person - I know, because I was and still am in certain aspects of life. But by learning it you also learn how the mind operates and you can use it to your advantage: you learn how to make your mind focus on the things you really want.

Stop and face your fears.