help me please

when im dreaming i cant think for myself at all. its like i just do whatever my mind thinks up and i follow it without any thought. how in the hell am i supposed to have a ld if i cant think for myself in my dream???

Well, why would you wonder if you are asleep or not in your dream?

You have to make it a habit to ask yourself this when you are awake.

Eventually, you will end up asking yourself in your sleep, and that feeling you describe, the not thinking for yourself watching a movie feeling, will just click into crystal clarity and awareness.

-Crowe

Like Crowe said, you have to do reality checks while you’re awake. Eventually doing this should become a habit, and while dreaming you’ll also do RCs. I’m only a beginner myself, but this is what I’ve heard. A good example of a reality test is reading some text and then looking away. Look at it again. If you’re dreaming, it probably changed or doesn’t make sense.

bmxisgod502, if you are saying you can’t think for yourself in a non lucid dream, that is normal. You wont have to worry about this once you become lucid because your mind will be much more aware and you should be able to think for yourself.