back to calea

Could you use this item with calea?

botanic-art.com/Bulb.htm

Hi
I did never tryed,but i am quite sure.I you can smoke mariuhana with it you should also be able to smoke calea.

Traumgänger

So does that mean that there is a chemical in Calea that cna become vaporized an inhailed?

As far as i know,yes.The indians drank the tee,but while they waited for the tee to take effect they smoked a calea cigarette.They wouldn´t do so if it had no effect i think

Traumgänger

It’s a matter of solubility. For example, the thc in marijuana is not water soluable at any known temperature, so it has to be burned in order for the chemicals to ‘un-bind’ from the plant cells.

In the case of C. Zacatechichi, the alkaloids are soluable in water, and they are also readily extracted via burning.

Smoking Calea Zacatechichi provides much more pronounced results as well as a less disgusting experience… if you’ve ever drunk the tea you know exactly what I mean. It’s harsh.

Yes davion I know what you mean…I can stand a coupl of leaves under my tongue but tea based an an once is pretty scary, thats why I wanted to know if the herb could be used in a vaporizer.
:eek:

Oh, in a vaporizer. Well, since it’s water soluble it should work… so long as the water temp is fairly high.

Hi

Yesterday i set my alarm for 2:00h in the night with the intention to get up and drink about 0.5l calea tee (I made the tee the day before and filled it in a plastic bottle).
Well,i only managed to drink one glass,afterwords i felt a bit sick cause it tasted so horrible.I know you all warned me ,but i didn´t thought anything could taste so damn bitter :bored:
Does anyone know a way to make it taste better with “normal stuff”? I don´t know where to buy miracle berrys…
Perhaps if you put honey on your tongue to that the calea tee doesn´t have direct contact or something?
And after i drank the glass it took me quite long to get to sleep again,anyone else experienced this? I mean normally this stuff should make you tired…

Traumgänger

Davion I may be mistaken but I thought a vapourizer was basically just an enclosed hot pad, no water involved. The one in the add doesn’t have it’s own heat source so I’m not sure how well it would work.

The CZ might vapourize at a different temperature. The beauty of a vapourizer for marijuana is that it gets just hot enough to vaporize THC without releasing a lot of the non-useful chemicals. The completly different chemical makeup of CZ makes me wonder exactly how well it will work. I know I’ve seen people discouraged from using Salvia D in a vapourizer.(of course all this refers to electric vapourizers)

I was misinformed about the vaporizer. :sad: Anyway, as to the question of making calea z. tea taste better, go get yourself a synsepalum dulcificum plant, chew on a berry for a while, then drink the tea.

It will be as sweet as honey.

Last night I vaporized a yellow oil extracted from 1g of calea and went to bed. It was bitter.
Unfortunatly it did not help with dreaming.
I have no idea if the stuff I grow is active or not.
All I can say is that an alcoholic tincture of 7g dry herb did allow me to have many normal dreams throughout the night, as did a tea made from 4g the night before. They were ordinary dreams only.

I wont have any more for a while as the plants are recovering.
Does anyone with personal experiece know how much leaves are required to make a tea which really proves itself? I’ve read of 30g myself, but that is just so huge!

Thanks

Hey, thanks Davion that you found out the latin name for those miracle berrys, since there is a whole bunch of plants that are called something like that.
But now I should be able to find some :smile:

Traumgänger

I’m starting to wonder if there really is a weak strain and a strong strain of calea…Maybe it has to do on timing of harvest instead…Maybe the plant has to be in flower, or maybe before…This would be a good experiment…either way the chale builds in your system so keep using it everynight and your dreams should get better each night…Smoking it helped me and usually on the 2nd or 3rd night I would have terribly vivid dreams…Though if I did the tea it would be better…but man I can’t find those berries on sale anywhere…
If you ask me I just think that some calea plants are stronger than others like marijuana…most of the pot you buy today has been bread to be that strong. My mom(an ex-hippy) said that in the 60’s pot was really really subtle. Well the pot today isn’t so calm.
Maybe Calea has to be bread to get good strains…who knows…

Very good link, and question Oldskuller! The Smoke Bubble is one of the best freebase pipes on the market. Dictionary: Freebase: Use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes. This is what a freebase pipe is, but they can be used for most substances. They are especially useful for crystalline drugs for a number of reasons, size, glass, and vaporizing the inner material, mobility. This particular pipe does not hold water; it is not made for water, such as a water freebase pipe.

However, your question is interesting, because I do not know the active compounds in Calea, and this is most interesting. The Calea will burn -to a certain extent- in the Smoke Bubble. See you can smoke Marijuana in it, the THC will vaporize, and you can then inhale it. But Calea I don’t know what the effect would be, most interesting. Of course if you don’t want to spend the money you can make a homemade pipe at home and try it out. Alternatively, merely buy a test-tube, put some Calea in the tube, and try to freebase the Calea this way and merely inhale the smoke. Test it out, and by all means tell us what you accomplished, please,

Hehe

p.s. it will work, but to what extent, is the question?

Oh yes maturity for any plant is especially important. Harvesting time for Calea could have a major effect on the active components of the plant. If harvested too soon it will not have the potency of a mature plant, so on, and so on. That is why I do want to try Calea again becaue I know this is the case.

-off topic, I don’t particularly like what major grocers do with fruit and vegatables, especially fruits. What they do with Bananas is they pick them premature and they mature them in a controlled enviroment. Of course this is for the sake of a bill, but this can have effects on the vitamins and minerals contained in the final product. It is much wiser to let the plant, tree, fruit mature completely before harvesting. Marijuana is a perfect, perfect example of this. It is probably the most versitle plant in the world.

Like a previous poster replied to me, he thought Calea built up in your system, so it may get more powerful the more you take, this seems logical. And I have not smoked it as of yet, but the natives did, so maybe I will try a little, smokey,smokey