Hypnogogia

Alright, stupid question that I’m sure has been asked before.

I cannot remember ever experiencing hypnogogia, though last night I made a specific attempt to stay awake while being as ‘asleep’ as possible. Is there some way to ‘enhnace’ hypnogogia? Does it always happen on the edge of sleep, or is it just ‘every now and then’?

Hi Dauron,

hypnogogic effects take place when our brain shifts its dominance brain wave (beta waves) to alpha and theta waves…

Beta waves are between 12 to 40 hz = waves pro sec…active and awake
Alpha waves are between 8 to 12…some say also 7 hz…wakefull relaxation…especially with your eyes closed you already create alpha waves…
theta waves are between 4 and 8 hz rem sleep/half trance/memory/dream visuals
Delta waves are betwen 0.5 and 4 hz deep trance/sleep

Most ppl get into this shift when they are falling a sleep or meditate or do wild…
But a very good zen meditator can also create these effects with his/her eyes open and fully awake…
Alpha waves are the bridge between wakefulness and sleeping and between consciousness and subconsciousness…

The difference between lucid dreamers and their brain waves and normal dreamers and their brain waves is only that lucid dreamers have a little less alpha waves and there for a little more beta waves…witch explains that you can easely let this balance shift further to wakefulness and wake up…
Creating enough alpha waves in a ld should prolong a lucid dream…and apha waves combined with theta waves you should really able to prolong dream time…

Greetings,

Jeff

Heh Jeff…we are just simple folks here,let me remind you you`re out of your laboratory:)
Im also interested in a ways of enhancing hypnagogics and so far only one is depriving myself of sleep.
Do you think theres anything else that can be done?

Like Jack said, not sleeping for a day or more and then trying to go to bed when you feel sleepy will produce quite a hypnogogia. :wink:

Well Jack i think what you mean, is there not an easy way like using supplements or something…lol!

Well you could take dxm for this…its good for hypnogogic effects…maybe a good dose of St.Johns worth…looking in hypnotic spirals for a very long time…so you can associate the feeling from memory later…but it all will be so…so…not really what you hoped for…what you need is a big level of alpha waves…maybe with closed eyes and a lot of dxm you will be there…
how ever i must say that i never get beyond hypnogogic with dxm to reach lucidity…

Remember…important for all ppl who use marijuana…low dossages of marijuana increase serotonin and melatonin in your blood level big time…
So your body could be robt of the precursors of those…and your pineal gland can get lazy from it…so meditation or wild can be more difficult…only for those who use it several days a week…
But Jack a simple yes solution is not here…what comes as closest is taking dxm and 24 hours of no sleep…if you know how it feels…the stage of the hypnogogics effects you can associate it from memory…

Good luck Jack!

Jeff