Lucidity: Is it right?

I was just wondering. I try to become lucid in many different ways. I try a lot of things. Yet my brain is very stubborn and it even seems like it mocks me in my quest for lucidity in some of my dreams.

So my question is, Is becoming lucid hindering with the importance of our dreams? This obviously assumes that there is a signifacnt meaning to our dreams. If there is this profound meaning to our dreams than wouldn’t becoming lucid be a disturbance to this importance. Maybe this is why we find it so hard to become lucid. Because it was not meant to be.

What importance dreams have is open to a variety of suggestions. Pre-recognitioin and preparing us for new experiences are just a couple of many other possible importances.

An argument against the importance of dreams may be, “If dreams are so important than why do we naturally forget them when we wake up?”

Tibetian Buddhism involves gaining lucidity, but i do not know if it places importance on the interpretation of dreaming.

So hoepfully some other people can fill in the gaps i have left in some more detail.

Thanx, your thoughts on this…please post them :wink:

BTW: I still love lucidity and continue to try and become lucid day in and day out. :smile:

Everyone is so used to letting the dream take you places rather than you taking the dream places that it will require much training like anything that is foreign to us to get used to.

personally i dont think dreams really mean anything, the same reoccuring dreams that everyone gets like being naked, teeth falling out, getting chased, loved one dieing or falling is just a general human fear because all this stuff can happen quite easly i mean people loose their teeth at a young age anyway, and everyone is naked at least once every couple of days. I dont know how people could interperate these at all, they might mean something but i think its just human situations coming back to visit you i dont know why it happens but anyway, just my thoughts.

im from melbourne as well :alien:

I think dreams are something that are happening when the brain sorts the information you’ve gained through the day/week. But research have showed that we can’t live without them. Some scientists woke up some test-persons in their REM-phases, but woke other test-persons up AFTER the REM-phases. The persons who were woke up after the REM, were much clearer the next day, and could concentrate better.
Also, dreaming about diceased friends/family or a divorce, helps people live through the depression much easier.

The experiment you note is not neccesarily forced to be interpreted in the context of dreams. I think it would make more sense if you just explain it as a difference in the jolt from deep sleep to REM sleep to waking as opposed to the jolt from light sleep to waking. You also have to consider that the people who were being awoken as they entered REM sleep were probably being awoken about twice as much as the other subjects because of the shortness of the cycle from light to REM sleep. There are other explanations than “Dreams help you function.”

Still tho,question remains-why pictures?why so touchy?why so deep?
Sure there are answers but still no ANSWER.