Frightening Problem With Lucid Dreaming...

I’ve had lucid dreams since I was young on occassion. Naturally I started getting better at becoming aware. I also started manipulating the dreamworld at will when I was young.

Now, over the course of about 12 years I’ve met many dream characters. There are a select few, however, that appear in my dreams on a regular basis (I can also call them to a new dream or load a previous dream and continue where it left off). These dream characters are people I have never met in real life but are completely the same each and everytime I see them.

About 8 years ago I told 4 of the characters I see often about my lucid dreaming. They didn’t believe me at all. After talking to the 4 about this over the next few lucid dreams I had I decided to prove it to them as they were still skeptical, and they were trying to convince me they were real as well. I performed item spawning and made certain things happen (walking through walls, changing the world around them, etc). 3 of the 4 were convinced, but one was (and has been to this very day) in denial. All, however, seem to be in a very traumatic state about this happening. I met them in many dreams before I ever told them about the lucid dreams, and I can remember how they acted and behaved. Now, they are what I would call depressed or extremely upset. 2 of them have come to grips with it over the years, but 1 is still very upset by this and the other is still in denial. It was a big change for them (in the original dream I first met them in, they were a squad of freedom fighters in an Akira like world).

In a group discussion one of them had said “I sure wish I knew what it was really like out there”, refering to reality. I’ve explained reality to them many times, but I don’t feel I have to mental capacity to TELL someone what reality is really like. One dream, the person who is still very upset about being a dream character ran up to me almost as if she was in dire need of help and asked “Is there a way out of here! I’ve got to get out of here and I need your help!” and kept begging for me to find a way.

This is very troubling to me, as I’ve “known” these dream characters for many years now. Also, there is a sense of urgency when they talk about needing to get out of the dreams. If there was a way to get them out of the dreams I would, but that seems like quite a stretch. I’ve recently thought of maybe seeing if I could somehow bring one of the characters conciousness into my own to let them view the world of reality, but would have no idea how to do that… Just a thought, it would be really awesome if that was possible.

Anyone have any thoughts or ever had a similar situation?

whoa. thats crazy. I’ve tried to tell my DC’s but they wouldn’t listen either. I got mad once and blew up a city. Then they where all afraid of me for the longest time. I finally got them to relize that I’m there to help them. I think that’s what your there for,to take care of your DC’s. As for letting them into your concious I don’t know if thats possible but I wouldn’t reckomend this. It could result into multiple personalitys. Or they could take over your body and you’d be trapped in the dream world. Have you ever made DC’s do what you want them to. Maybe you could do this and make them feel calm and be okay with the fact they’re DC’s. Just a thought but have you ever tried to teach them to walk through walls or fly? Maybe it would make them happier. I know this probably didn’t help you much but I’m more than happy to try and help.So keep me updated okay.

Prehaps when you become Lucid you could say to them “I’ll stay here and you wake up” sorta like trading places.
But at the end of the day they arn’t real, these dream characters are just part of your mind, even though they seem sooooo real, they arn’t.
But then again, wouldn’t it be weird if each dream character we meet was actually real? what if that person in our dream actually was real and just didn’t know they are part of your dream, which would be cool.
What im interested in is this “Loading a dream” how do you go about loading a previous dream?

wow, i have thought about that but never actally had it happen, as foe letting them into your concious, i really dont think that is a good idea. for once dream walker i agree with you. For this reason, one time i thought if i gave up a little bit of my self and let a part of me, the lucid dreaming paret take control than i could get answers by just listing to my thoughts and orginise dreams and blah blah blah and by just thinking towards this part. Now this wasnt smart i ended up hearing that damn voice inside my head so i gave it up, ot a great idea, i just sorta forgot about it and it dissipeared .

But i do have an idea to help you, first, once again i agree with dreamwalker, show them why being inside a lucid dream is so good, show them that just because you have controll doesnt mean that they cant fly. You must remember these people are most probally a part of your own mind, a part of your self that doesnt want to belive that luid dreaming is real and whants to go back to the old way, or so to speak. But then again they may be real, but thats not for this post.

If you want to show them the “real world” show them. It your luid dream, i mean we all think about flying and blah blah blah but why not just do something that you always do in your waking world. I dont know play out your day, show them some memiories. Make them a damn big tv and let em watch your memories, you might find somthing out.

As for the troublesom one, i really think you should spen time with this character. Talk to him and find out why he doesnt belive you this is a dream, if he doesnt want to talk just edge your way into it. By the sounds of it you are rather good at lding so this shouldnt be a problem. But really talk to this person.

And last for the girl that screams at you to let her out. Just stop her and say “why would you want to be in a diffrent place from here?” show her it is a welcome place and a place where she can grow. And get them to love the world. You never know maybe she will show the others as well how good it is.

Please tell me how it goes i will be watching, and how is it you have an abilty to do this so well, coul you share your knolage with me?

Oh and probally the most inportant: Good luck

Richard

Thanks everyone, your posts have really helped me feel a bit better about this situation. Before I felt like I was stuck with no place to go with these certain characters.

Mimicing reality or making them a big TV set to view the outside world (or my memories) is an idea I will have to try. I’m sure I can recall everything nearly perfectly. I usually have the easiest time when it comes to reliving memories in my dreams or projecting real world places into my dreams almost to the T.

The strange thing about these characters is that I don’t seem to “use” them like other dream characters. I’m not sure if it’s lack of control, or subconciously denying myself control over these few characters. Ever since I met them long ago, they’ve seemed to have tremendous independent control, thought, and personality over theirselves. With dream characters in general I can shape, spawn, modify personalities, stop or start them doing anything realistically and unrealistically with ease, but these 4 characters I talk about are pretty much set and don’t change. If I were to show them to do things in the dream like I do (flying, transporting, etc) I believe I may have to teach them instead of make them do it.

I’ve been thinking about what part of my conciousness these characters are. Now I’ve believed and used lucid dreaming for pretty much as long as I can remember. However, I was thinking the other day that maybe they are my sense of “what else”. As in, if lucid dreaming is possible and the realisticness of it is so real at times, what else could there be?

Think about this, if you think of yourself BEFORE ever lucid dreaming do you get the sense that you were somewhat lesser? Not lesser as a person, but lesser as you were not such an “aware” person or maybe “un-accensioned” in the non-godly sense? If I hadn’t known lucid dreaming, I feel I’d be missing out on a big part of understanding myself and both realities. I believe these characters feel an emptiness inside now that they know of the other reality but have not experienced it (similar to if there was a way for one of us to learn that lucid dreaming is possible and never get the chance to do it, but even more so for the dream characters because they know the reality they want to experience is the true reality). Maybe they are also the part of me that wonders what is true reality when it is not dominated by the senses (in our world) and by emotion/subconcious/etc (in the dream world), keeping the idea alive in my head that some other plane may exist.

Off the philsophical part of my post now… I’ve never asked the girl who wants out so badly why she wants out instead of the dream world, but I will do that next time. I’ve thought of that in the past, but it seems to me it may make her very sad and leading to her explanation of that she’s not real and she can’t handle that… But it’s worth a shot!

About “loading” my dreams I can explain that. I usually don’t have to associate much of anything physically inside my dream for things to happen or change. What I mean is spinning/hand rubbing/commands to change lucidity, using my hands to stop things or levitate things, etc. When I want to do just about anything I can usually just will it. However, I do sometimes do physical things in place of just willing it because it seems to add a sort of theatrical fun sense to the dream (like sticking my arm out for superman flying and stuff). My “loading” of a dream is what I like to do when I want to return to a previous dream where it left off, or relive a dream, or even relive real past memories from my life (it’s fun to make decisions in a past memory that I didn’t make in real life and see where my psyche thinks the decisions would have taken me). When I load, change my perception to a menu screen like a computer game or such. I’m not even standing in the dream looking at the screen, my entire dreamscape is just a menu screen, it’s the only thing that exists. I can search through menus of past memories, old dreams (replay mode), and old dreams (continue mode), and even other sections for more specific things or for deep searching my psyche. There is a create mode, but I usually just teleport to a white void (like the matrix) and create that way. I don’t HAVE to use this menu, but it’s just the way I like to do things in my dreams.

About my control of dreams, I couldn’t tell you how cause I don’t know. I can tell you my past. I’ve been lucid dreaming for 12 years or more (probably since I can remember). I never heard of lucid dreaming before I started experiencing it a lot, nor did I know about grounding yourself, control, etc. I just would randomly become aware that I was dreaming many times a year and each time I would experience the world. After many times of lucid dreaming I was seeing a dream character get hurt by some strange nightmare character that wandered into my dream from an old one. I had no idea about dream control, but I ran over to it and fought it. While fighting I started having the most intense feeling inside, almost like all my strength physically and emotionally were exploding, and I started to fight very VERY fast and do things not possible. I destroyed the character and then came to realize I could modify things about myself and what I can do, then not too long after that I realized I could change everything.

I was probably 6 years after I first started LD’ing that I found out that others did it and started to study it. Having LD’ed for so long I’m more interested in the philosophical part of it now and the significance it has on my life, and I’ve learned some great things about myself.

how do you know they are real?

Since lucid dreaming requires the consciousmind, it’s entirely possible LDs are actually a form of AP in which case the “dream characters” are real entities.

Gods!!I lack the words to tell how much i envy you such a skills.Doh,i want that so baaaaaad:)
Im the minority of this forum when it comes to beliefs about dream world and its characters.I dont have any proofs but i tend to believe they are independant beings ,just different realm.Realm we dont know about yet cuz of having no proper tools.I like to compare it to bacterias before microscope was discovered.
Its a bit of wishfull thinking i know:)
Anyways i just wanted to say i admire your abilities and would love to hear more about dream characters.Also- if it happens that only way for them to get out here is by someone staying there for them-look up for me,im up for it!!:slight_smile:

ps.One thing is worrying me tho- ihave allways hoped they could hold an answer to how get to their world more easily,how to become lucid,so on.I have allways thought THEY can teach US about it not opposite:(

Well, that’s a possibility. I do not know of any experiments I could try to prove or unprove that theory but looking at these facts I’d say they are in my imagination.

I’ve proven to them (well, 3 of them) that their world is not real. They’ve denied it and after showing them different things they’ve accepted the proof as actual proof.

Before they believed they also tried to convince me that the dream world was the real one but could not come up with any proof besides “their word”.

It would seem unlikely to me that if the dream characters were from an AP, why would I have the power of lucid dreaming in that reality instead of the real world? Also, why wouldn’t the characters who lived in that AP have the same power or better?

I’ve heard that many peoples’ DC’s deny the fact that they are in thier dream and will sometimes try to stop you from LD’ing. Since your DC’s are part of your mind, why is it that they won’t believe this? Why do they try to get you to stop LD’ing? If having a LD is so good for your mind and soul, why would they reject and prevent them from happening?

Kaiser, I think it’s really cool and interesting that you have developed a realationship with your DC’s. I wonder have they become like real people to you? For instance, are they good friends that you would turn to if you needed help? Do you think it would be possible to meet “the girl of your dreams” (lol) and have a relationship with her? (That would be kind of sick I guess. Imagine having a relationship with a part of yourself!)

Wow, wild stuff. :tongue:

All these ideas of DC’s living in some other reality is a bit far fetched i think. The most logical explanation would be that they are just made up by yourself while sleeping, which is 10000 times more plausible then that they are some kind of entities living somewhere in a reality which we do not know or understand. In this way you can think of countless of inplausible explanations for all kinds of common daily things. I usually refer to these ideas as “pink elephants”… it is possible that all the time behind you there is a pink elephant but when you look around it isnt there anymore. But its 10000 times more plausible that this is not the case. This doesnt mean it is inpossible though, just inplausible.

That said, i think the fact that you are able to LD in such a way as you described, with those 4 DC’s in it, is a very usefull way of exploring your subconsciousness. The fact that 1 of the DC’s doesnt believe his world is a dream may tell you somehting about how you are yourself. I wouldnt know exactly what, but i think this is for yourself to figure out because the one who knows yourself best is you after all.

You should try asking those dreamcarcathers questions… questions you have no knowledge, to see if they have some knowledge of their own. If they dont, they are probably sharing the same brain/mind as you.

Also would be interesting to ask them of what they have done earlier that day/days.

The DC who refuses to believe… you could always just kill him. :confused:

i like ur style sage :smile: but soo evil it would be like killing a part of ur self???

any way thats for that you have given me a few good ideas and i hope everythign works out

any way why couldnt there be a diffrent relem??? whats there to say it isnt possibile???

Richard

LMAO of Sage !!! I like it :grin:

Thinking about it… the only dream characters I have told that they are in my dream are people I know in life and all denied it at first but ended up believing it…when I started doing the impossible.

Well first of it’s nice to have another experienced dreamer around. Like you I too have been LDing for a long time(about 16 years).You know how you said that you can go to a white void kinda like the matrix, and you have to create everything yourself. I’ve been there too. I had this happen everynight for a week once. It’s fun at first and good to beef up your skills but it gets boring after a while. I have never heard of anyone else talk about this. It makes we wonder if it isn’t a special level of lucidity you reach after LDing for a while. Like I said it makes me feel good to know that there is other people out there thats at this level. So if I have any questions about something maybe you have experienced it too. Well the best of luck with your DC’s. Keep us updated. SWEET DREAMS

Lol, I don’t think she would take too well at being killed and I know the others would get upset… They are regulars in my dreams too, it’s almost as if I’ve known them for many years as close friends so I don’t even want to try that. Yes, I have grown attached to them. And they do, in a sense, serve a purpose to me like good friends would in real life. In fact, they are quite intelligent when it comes to asking them questions about choices I make in life or making me aware of things I’m not noticing in life. For 4 people not ever living in actual reality, they sure understand some of lifes problems very in-depth.

I’ve always wondered what it would be like to have them real in this world. One of the girls I’ve really enjoyed spending time with. If I was to meet her outside of dreams (or anyone like her) then I wouldn’t hesitate to try to have a relationship with her. In my dreams, I’ve had sexual experiences as I’m sure all of you have had, but this one girl just seems to be completely self-controlled. Not saying I’ve never been a bit intimate with her, but it wasn’t because of dream control :smile:

That’s another point that Tomas brought up. These characters seem to know answers to things I don’t conciously know or have yet to come to an answer with. I don’t normally ask them random off the wall questions, though, it’s usually like deep conversation with someone where you tell them about something and they analyze it and tell you their opinion (example, they’ve helped me with opinions and their thoughts on what would happen if I broke up with a girlfriend or not). But I’ll have to ask them just random questions sometime to see if they hesitate or something, but they are usually pretty quick and sharp people. I’m laughing now because I know they’ll find it odd that I ask strange questions all the sudden.

Dreamwalker, thanks for the welcome… I’ve never really been open about my lucid dreams. Before I learned that lucid dreams happen to others I was REALLY shut in about all of it. But after I learned long ago I’ve usually only mentioned it sometimes to friends and such, although nobody can relate (which is why I joined the forums). One thing is funny, recently I told my mother about lucid dreams. She didn’t know of the term but when I mentioned becoming aware inside a dream and all the other stuff she told me she has this pretty much every night. Genetic?!?

I know for a fact I’ve grown in many aspects with lucid dreaming over these many years. However, I wouldn’t know of any sudden shift or dramatic change that I would call “special level of lucidity”. Maybe it’s more of a long term slow change… Maybe we have yet to see the true power :wink: Lucid dreaming takes a leap of faith, especially if it doesn’t happen naturally, but finally breaking through that barrier of awareness is quite a drastic change. It’s like some of the people I’ve discussed lucid dreaming with, many people will say “Oh yeah, I’ve been in a dream where I realized it was a dream during it”, but never learn that it goes further than just “going with the flow”. That’s why I’m always on the lookout for something more, some other “awareness” that I may be able to break into. And I’m just 1 in 6,000,000,000. Who knows what others out there have found past this?!

huh, My dad has lucid dreams also. Maybe it is genetic. Wish I could ask my granparents,but I can’t. HAve you ever asked your grandparents if they LD. If you can you should.

Just wondering, have you ever saw the movie WAKING LIFE. It’s a kick ass movie. In it a guy says “When you realize that you are a character in someon’s dream. That is self awareness”. I just saw that movie and thought about your DC’s.

I don’t really think thats you can for sure say that there world isn’t “real”. It is compleatly possible that their world is just much more fluid then ours. I dont think theres mondernly anyway you could prove if they are “real” or not. (I’m a dream agnostic :smile: ) You should try to explain this to them as well, it might help the “i’m-not-real” depression :smile:

maybe, i know both my parrents dont have lds and my grandmothers my gandfathers are dead. but they dont eiter.
My brother though, he goes lucid in every dream but not at the same leval i do. He find it interesting and has an awarness that he is dreaming but doesnt take to much control and his recall is not so great :smile:

but i dont go lucid every night or ever dream but i have a behind self that knows. Genetic maybe?

in a psych essay i did i wrote a quote

“Genetic is the blue print, and the enviroment is weather or not we reach our potential”

yer sorry about the speeling lol i am tired :cool:

Richard