Got Nightmares?

It has come across my attention that some of you may want nightmares to have LDs. My dad told me that when you have stress your nightmares increase. So I have devise a plan that MIGHT work. Well, first off get your dream recall up so you will be able to see it a nightmare. I know this sounds crazy now, but it will put stress on yourself. Find a period 3-4 days that you don’t have any work, school, chores, etc to do. Now the objective is to stay awake for 3-4 days (72-96 hours) Yeah I know that sounds crazy and hard to do. But IT WILL put stress on yourself. Some tips are to tell your loved ones what you’re doing, so they know you’re not on drugs when they see you fading in and out. Convince yourself that the things you start hearing and seeing are NOT real. Yes things will get hecktic in the last day of not sleeping. I once tried this (I am 13) and i coundn’t make it past one night because i was stupid enough to “rest my eyes” on my bed :dozing: This may be worth trying if you want NILD techniques. Oh and one last thing, DON’T STAY AWAKE FOR 5 DAYS! Chances are if you did that, you would go crazy.

So you will go completely mad after staying awake after 5 days, while you will come completely normal out of it after 4 days? How much sleep you will lose before you go mad is something I think will vary from person to person, so I am worried about you attempting to stay awake for 4 days at all. It’s better to set the max limit to 2, or maybe even 3 days.

BTW, I don’t think you will manage it anyway, at least if you don’t have anyone to help you stay awake :wink:

Sleep deprivation is not my favourite technique, not only because I hate being tired, but also because it’s just a dangerous thing to do…
Please read this article:
news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health … 300940.stm

Are you getting enough sleep? Take a test:
panicdisorder.about.com/gi/dynam … worth.html

Yeah I quess thats a little crazy. And i think there a better ways to induce lucid dreaming right? I personally dont like getting scared the S*** outta me. (Just the way my nightmares are :cookiemon: :cry: )

Well, just staying awake that long will make it easier to have LDs.

Well…besides the fact we all have the same avatar I think we also have nightmares desires in common :content: But since I am such a good LDer I just will a nightmare. But even then a nightmare is something you are afraid of and you LD good you can’t fear it so it is a Catch-22

Bleh… maybe Freud was right about nightmares still being wish fulfillment (for some people, anyway…) :content: