Atheist - Focussing On An Image

Great idea, Ed. Some nights when I was particularly enthusiastic, I used to wake up and observe an image for a minute or 2 before returning to bed. This gave me a clear picture to concentrate on while I was going back to sleep. It might have been some place I wanted to go, or a person I wanted to ‘meet’. An advantage to your idea is that it also provides you with sound, giving you an additional sense to concentrate on.

This is a very interesting thread.So what you are saying is that if you take a simple object and try to keep its image in the head then in time it will firstly get easier to do so and secondly it will actually become more and more real?
Reason i ask is that im really bad with visualising things and i used to rather think that you either have it or not.

Hi,

Good idea with the book, i am going to try that one tonight.
I only have one question…

Some say that WILD can be done in the evening, when you go to bed.
Other say its not possible.
I dont think is possible because the REM-period starts later.
:eh:

(by the way, I love starcraft :wink: )

Jack, practicing some visualizing techniques would benefit… but you do not need visualizing skills to succeed with. You can use sensations to succeed with. I have a feeling that you’d be doing good with sensation. :wink: I don’t know why, but… lol. :happy:

Anyways, Rage_51, hi! :wave: It is POSSIBLE. Even though REM cycle starts later, I did it several time on my first night of sleep without any problems. :smile: And plus you don’t only dream in REM stage… you also dream in NREM stage too. :content:

That was fast :content:

Thanx for the info ill try now :happy:

bye

I had to teach myself how to visualize when I was a kid so I think it’s possible to do if you practice it. Just like when you practice math your mind begins to get sharper at it and be able to do more math stuff. All I did was I kept trying and didn’t give up and now I can visualize almost anything.

“I have a feeling that you’d be doing good with sensation. wink I don’t know why, but… lol.”
Well yeah,most females seems to sense when Sex God is around…dunno…propably something to do with good intuition:)

Apart from this i dont think i understand your post.To use sensations?err…im not sure what to make out if it.thx

Jack, lol. :content:

Anyways, I’m a bit confused. What type you don’t understand? In page 1, I mentioned, “Sometimes I would use SENSATIONS to shift my awareness from the reality into the world of my imagination. I’d imagine myself rotating or riding horse… anything that involves sensation/feeling work very well as that visualizing technique that Atheist mentioned.”

Making any clearer? If not, please tell me what you don’t understand. Ok? :wiske:

Ok,i got it now:)Thx for replies.
“riding a horse”,yeah that brings some ideas to me…:smile:

No problem! :wink:

Sincerely,
Jack The Second :content:

Hey :wink:

Think this is my first message hehe, been a member for awhile - just didn’t write. Though this is something i’ve practiced alot in, and it can be driven really far!

When i goto sleep, i usually try to see a object … at first nothing will come - except the normal black / grey lines or circles etc. just keep on picturing the object - a banana as you say would be easy.

Nice easy structure to picture. If you really concentrate (without letting your mind slip away) and just when you about to fall asleep you can actually see the object, you will probably awake a bit because it’s a bit wierd. But in this stage my hole body feels like it’s not there, i can feel the back of my head - nothing else. To be here is really hard, not to fall totally asleep and not wake up - but really wierd feeling :wink: hehe

Then hello, woodydrn and rage, and welcome to the forum!!

I know what you mean- I always get stuck in that stupid stage. Never ever get out of it. When I sit up after 40 mins of that stage, all RCs check out. :grrr:

And uh, don’t think of anything that will arouse you; it will only shift your attention south of the waking realm jack :bored:

Hehe… picking up a pencil is good enough!

I tried yesterday and i was at the same stage,
I focussed my mind on a book,
It took me a while to get the picture sharp, after that i began turning it around (in 3D) and a few minutes later i could even read the title and the letters on the back, although they kept changing.

I stayed like that for about 5 minutes, nothing happened.

But then suddenly a hand toke the book, and i saw a man walking away with the book in his hand…
Then suddenly a whole envoirement appeared, i didn’t even noticed in the beginning…
I was in a dream !!
Then the dream faded away and i must have fallen asleep.

I’m sure going to try this again, yesterday evening was the first time i tried like this.

Maybe its a idea that if you are in “the stage” of seeing everything clear, to use your fantasy and create another object, or someone who takes the object away, or if you create a banana, make up a table where its on.

Just use your fantasy but stay concentrated, dont let your dream take you away. :wink:

I’ve been practicing LD for about a year now, and i’m in the stage where you can call the LD every night (which actually is annoying in the long run, you can’t just RELAXE in your dream - cause everything makes trickers that would turn on LD everytime … sometimes you just want to SLEEP)

But rage_51, you’re on the right track - I just think your mind sliped away and the dream going on like “normal” … but if you can picture and really see the object, LD wouldn’t be hard for you. It’s hard to stay in this stage, cause you have to really concentrate and at the same time not concentrate :wink: hehe

Wow, that’s really something to complain about… I wish I could complain about having too much LDs!! :tongue: yeah right… hehe.

Care to share the techniques that work for you to become that good at LDing? :wink:

Anyway… I’ll try this technique tonight. I’m generally very good at visualising, but I also have a short attention span - my mind often drifts. I guess I won’t know until I try. ^^

Can you tell me exactly what you do to get that much LD 's ??
Just exactly how you are doing it and how much RC 's a day… all of it.

Thanks in advance.

Ooh…This sounds interesting, I’ll have to try it… :content:
Although most techniques seem to do me little good, every one is worth a shot.

I do RC all the time - seems like my mind is in a loop hehe can’t stop thinking about the hole world, recognizing how people react, talk, how things are. Remembering how i came to the place, what i’ve been doing all day. I’m using my mobile ALOT, so that’s a nice RC for me the hole time - checking if the display is the same and so on …

I don’t know much about all the words you use like WILD and all that, i just think alot hole day about most everything. Though some time during the day - strange things actually happens, seems like the brain makes mistakes in the background (where you’re not focused) sometimes hehe like if you quickly look at your mobile, look away, look again - and it’s different … it seems, though it’s not a dream. This has tricked me alot sometimes hehe this is really wierd, you’re not really sure if it’s real or not - though you “really” know that it’s not.

I only use RC and thinking clearly when i goto sleep, trying not to let my mind slip off and wander. After some time it just gets normal to do RC and you’ll end up LD’ing ALOT!

Whoa! I was thinking that right before I saw your post. I would definitely pick The Matrix as my movie of choice. I’ve watched it so many times that I can actually watch it in my head with full detail and surround sound. :content: Perhaps if I started off with that, then started imagining some of the sensations that Neo is experiencing or something…I might have just discovered my own personal WILD technique! :cool_laugh: I’ll have to give that a try.

No wonder why I couldn’t WILD right… I wake up in the middle of the night almost everytime I fall asleep. Well, last night, I finally tried it… I wasn’t thinking of anything, and that’s the catch…

I’m going to bed very shortly, so I’m going to have to think of something… Perhaps an apple… or a kazoo. :happy: