Dream recall

well, bout week ago I decide to start from scratch because current situation get me no where. But, I try all week and i have NO dream recall. I try all given technique and nothing seem to work. I don’t remember anything, except for 2 dream this week I remember about 3 second of, which was enough to understand. Please help. Much would be appreciate. I basically asking for technique not written down yet, because I have tryed all one I see. :slight_smile: thank you much.

I don’t know any other techniques than mentioned here on the forum, so I did a search on the net. Some tips may have been mentioned before but I hope you can use some of them :smile: :

Good luck! :happy:

I keep repeating this, have you tried b(6 and 12) vintamins yet? Works wonders for my recall.

I think its just all about your mood before you go to sleep and what you were doing the past couple hours before going to sleep. For some reason, I noticed if I play video games or watch TV too much before going to sleep, it actually reduces my dream recall but I notice whenever I enter the hypnogic imagery I see repeated images of what I was watching/playing.(maybe I could use this as an advantage for WILD though.)

Anyway so far I noticed the best things for dream recall is to think about the moment you went to sleep and the moment you just woke up and try to “bridge the gap”. Its best to do this as soon as you wake up. You might be blank when you wake up, but you still feel the general emotion of the last dream you were in. Also this might not work for everyone but I think remembering backwards is great for dream recall. Try to think about what you were just dreaming right before you woke up and work your way backwards saying “what happened before that?” “and before that?” etc.

Oh and about the vitamin B6 and B12…I searched my pantry for some and all I found was some Centrum which included them along with many other vitamins and minerals. Both nights I experimented with it I had almost NO dream recall at all. I’m not blaming B6 or B12, its just that I don’t know what vitamin in there was cancelling them out :confused:

Are there actually foods that reduce dream recall too?

I was begging my subconscious yesterday before going to sleep for a LD. It actually worked- 2 lds in a night, a personal best! Horrible dream recall as usual though. Perhaps you should beg for recall? I put a lot of emotion into it, unlike MILD, which always results in me droning out the words. This time I put feeling into it. Beg like you’ve never, ever begged before.
:wink:

From my experience, I’ve found that the best thing to do is to read… the BIG remembering dreams topic… located a few centimeters up the screen from this one. :wink:

sage! You is meanie. I tell you that before! I already read. 0_o
And thank you mystic. You help me once more ^.^
I will try all things mention here, but I think i already have. I will try again -.- thank you! ^.^

oh great. ^.^ I have lucid dream on thursday! ^.^ No more dry spell. But… well, I lost lucidity soon after. I try spinning, then just woke up somewhere else completely unaware of my current state, but I got the words “I’m dreaming” out of my mouth.

But… ^O^ noo!

Old problems re arise. Now, when lucid, My fingers stuck together (no big), but I have that weird upside down being crushed spinning can’t see well blurry feeling thingy soon after being lucid and i have to FIGHT to do it. No! I don’t want this again. Any help?

Also, I wanted to take chance to mention my favorite rc- the where am i?
WHere you stop during the day and look around for obvious (or minute) differences that could signify fishiness. ^.^ I love that rc. Work so so well.

But please, any help?

WOW…Im not sure on this one :razz: but I guess you have to practice at it…

I would try rubbing hands together to stay in a sleep longer. I havent become lucid ya know ^.^ most people say that Rubbing hands give a sense of all things. Movement to the eye, the feeling on your hands, and the warmth made from it all heightens your senses apparently.

Your problem sems strange about the fingers being stuck together. If you can imagine them not being stuck together, and have no DOUBT that they WONT become unstuck, than they will be seperated most likely. It may take practice, but everyone has problems most likely.

The feeling? I dont know what that means about the upside down things, maybe you are getting the feeling you ARENT in a dream or getting too excited? Im not sure…

well, everything happen so fast and so intense, it’s hard to fix. And rubbing hands no work for me. I tried alot. Spinning is best so far.

Ahh okay.
Well, I could see why its like that 0.o, it must be really hard. Like I said - I know how dreams usually are…fast but seem long. I havent ever been lucid as I said before, but im assuming it will be timewise decently like that. I guess you just have to remember what to do…spin and know that they will become unstuck. The feeling? I dont know still :sad:. It takes much practice obviously, and it takes much experience. Each time you become lucid, Id say you get better at it, even if it was low level or only lasted a bit of time.

Just remember YOU are in control when you LD. If you’re getting that feeling that you described, you can make it go away. You just have to tell yourself in the dream, “Everything is clear. I feel normal,” etc. And tell yourself before you go to sleep that everything will be clear in your dreams. This is also the case with your hands being stuck together: Tell yourself that they aren’t stuck together (in the dream). Put real meaning into it. If you have even the smallest amount of doubt, it might not work. Good luck!

/ds

when You realise that you are dreaming, shout that you are dreaming, and that you will not lose lucidity… worked for me. I always seem to forget to rub my hands together, even though I always look at them, but if you can do this it should work well. Spinning never works for me, but if you want to try it go ahead, I think it just takes some practice to learn what your own body needs to keep you in a lucid state, try as many things as you can

hmmmm… okay. Will try ^.^
Thanks charlotte dreamer and daysong ^.^