Brainwave Generator-Part II

I’ve come across a better way for creating my presets in general, and it seams to entrain my brain better. 2 mins of 15Hz to get settled in my position, then a long sweep down from 15 to whatever frequency, with the carrier tone set to go down with it (how it’s set by default), with the tone at 50% volume and pink noise at 50% volume, playing the preset fairly quietly.

I’m currently thinking of a new design for a LD preset (I simply refuse to give up), thinking of maybe focussing it around the 4.5 to 6.5 frequency range, which is labelled on the frequency listing as “wakeful dreaming, vivid images”. I’m thinking maybe along the lines of something which slowly goes down to this, and then the pink noise fades out and the tone keeps going indefinately going between 4.5 and 6.5. That’s my idea anyway, we’ll see what happens…

But as a side note, a different preset I recently made which was based on Lucid Noise but updated to my new style, which was called Lucid Sweep, I fell asleep listening to that around 1am last night, and suddenly dreamed that one of my parents came into my room saying something like, “Why are you wasting time listening to Brainwave Generator when you should be asleep?” and this suddenly woke me up and I realised nobody was there.

:smile:

Ed.

That’s great, Ed. I’d like to download that…

I’ll have a look at your download area then…
I’ll try that Lucid Sweep… it’s probably interesting…

Okay, check it out now.

Ed.

Okay, I’ve also now just uploaded another one which I’ve just done. It’s called Wakeful Dreaming Frequencies, Experiment 1.

It has a nice slow sweep from 15Hz down to 4.5Hz, with a pink noise background. Then, over a 10 minute period, the noise gradually fades out, and then the frequency moves continuously between 4.5 and 6.5.

I’m just doing these whenever the idea comes to me. I’ll probably make adjustments to this once I’ve tried it myself. For example, I’m not sure yet about the carrier tone still altering with the frequency once it’s got down to 4.5Hz. I might set it so that once it’s down there, the carrier tone stays the same while the frequency is going back and forth (because the change in tone could wake you up again, although saying that, that might be the desired result?). I’ll leave it how it is for now though, and see what happens when I try it.

Ed.

I BECAME LUCID!!!

:happy:

dances round the room in a fit of joy

Now, before we all open the champaigne (sp?) and celebrate, I’d just like to point out that it almost seams like a freak happening, and I don’t know if it was caused by my preset or even whether I’ll be able to do it again soon. But here’s what happened…

I took a Vitamin B Complex, and then went to sleep about 11:30pm. I then woke up by my watch alarm at 4:30am. I then listened to my new Wakeful Dreaming Experiment 1 preset. I fell asleep listening to this, but then I woke up once my brain realised that it sounded different because the pink noise had faded out.

So I decided to switch my computer off, and went back to bed and put my ear plugs in (so that if I did dream, I wouldn’t be woken up by other sounds). Then, as I was drifting off, I interrupted my falling-asleep-process several times with the question, “Am I dreaming?”

Then the next thing I know, I had what I now know to be a false awakening, where I woke and thought I had taken my ear plugs out in my sleep. I then felt like I was on the bordering state with sleep (even though I now know I was actually asleep and dreaming all this), so I decided to imagine a visual scene. I decided to imagine that I was stood looking out my window.

Next thing I know, I’m stood at my window looking out, and I know it’s a dream immediately because everything looks totally different out there. It was a fantastic scene! At first the sky was bright red and purple like the craziest sunset you’ve ever seen. Then, as I focussed on a different part of the scene, it changed to a summer day, and it was so beautiful. The scene was coming in and out of focus before my eyes, and buildings were forming in place as I looked at them. Lovely big country mansions in green fields.

then I had thoughts of sex, even though I wasn’t in the mood for it at all. Then my memory of my dream becomes a bit blurry from this point on. A naked woman appeared, but my “equipment” (down there) wouldn’t work, because I just quite clearly wasn’t in the mood at all.

Then I think I had another false awakening, but I’m not sure. Or I dreamed that I almost awoke or something. Anyway, somehow I managed to get myself back into a lucid dream, and this time I was sat on my bedroom floor, with my dad sat to my right and the naked girl sat to my left. She kept feeling me - at my request oddly enough, because I just wasn’t in the mood at all.

Then I woke up to find my ear plugs were still in.

Now, I’m not entirely certain what part of what I did caused my lucid dream, or whether it was the strange combination of everything. I wonder whether my brain being taken down to those frequencies beforehand did something to help, I don’t know. I just wanted to record here that a lucid dream did happen, and these were the conditions it happened under. Brainwave Generator was part of the process, but whether it was an active part, I really don’t know.

It’s definately true what they say though, you do get an extatic rush when you realise that you’re lucid dreaming. The weird thing was, I didn’t even need to do any reality checks. I just somehow knew that once something strange happened that I was dreaming. I didn’t even go through those thought processes, I just knew straight away.

The whole thing was worth it just for that wonderful scene that unfolded outside my window while I looked on. I’ve never seen anything like it in my whole life, and I can’t even remember it properely, but it was all worth it because I can remember exactly what it felt like to look at it.

Now I’m really not sure where to go next with this, because I don’t know whether my preset worked or failed, because I can’t honestly tell you how this happened. I don’t know whether to repeat the exact same process again next time, or whether to abandon the presets or to update them or what. I really don’t know.

Perhaps I should try the exact same thing next time and see what happens then. Then I’ll know whether or not this was just a complete fluke.

OR, maybe I could modifity it so that it purposefully wakes my up once it has taken me down to 4.5Hz? Maybe that’s the key? Maybe going down there briefly helps to have a lucid dream if you then fall asleep afterwards? I don’t know. Clark, could you please test this one out in the same I did and report back? I’d be really grateful if you could. Sleep for 5 hours, wake up, listen to it, then if you wake up while listening to it, go back to sleep and say to your self at odd broken intervals, “Am I dreaming?” See if it works.

Ed.

Ok, Ed, I’ll try it out…

Sounds promising!

This night as I wrote in my dream diary I tried a recording of my voice telling my I’m dreaming, but I had weird dreams but no lucidity!

What? Don’t I get a round of applause for going lucid?! :clap:
Mr Clark “So what, look at me, I’ve had 3 already this month” Kent! :puh:

(just kidding)

:wink:

Ed.

Sorry about that! :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh:

Congratulations!!!

Guess I was concentrating too much on LDing so I might remember to check while I’m dreaming…

Now worries mate.

Ed.

It didn’t work… Instead I dreamt about someone shitting in his pants! :sad:

I think tonight I’ll try to hear my voice instead in a recording telling me I’m dreaming… throughout the whole night…

:rofl:

It didn’t work for me either when I tried it the second time. Also, both times I did notice that I woke up much earlier than usual afterwards, so I’m wondering whether the 4.5Hz frequency was acting like a sleep reducer?

Anyway, despite not being able to go lucid the second time, I did notice that I was able to keep saying to myself “Am I dreaming?” the whole time I was falling asleep. Unfortunately, this didn’t lead to a LD on the second time, but the fact that I could do this and that it worked the first time means that I may have hit upon a potential technique for myself. It’s kind of like that one that somebody posted a while ago where you open your eyes on random occaisions as you’re falling asleep and count your fingers. It works on the same basis, by briefly interrupting the falling asleep procedure and then letting it continue, thus carrying a bit of conciousness through to the sleep state.

Anyway, I think I might forget about using Brainwave Generator for LDs for a while, and concentrate on trying to do this technique. That’s not to say that this whole process has been wasted, as it got me into the habbit of trying something every single night for several weeks, and I think that’s what I needed. It has been a journey that arrived at an unexpected (yet just as worthwhile) location.

However, I am still thoroughly interested in Brainwave Generator in general, and will still continue to create presets for other purposes (I’ve just made another good relaxation one). Clark, if you’re interested in trying out other Bwg presets I might create in the future, then send me a private message with your e-mail address. If not, then that’s fine too.

But for now, I look forward to continuing talking with you (and others) elsewhere on this site as we journey on our quest for LDs.

Sweet dreams everybody…

Ed.

Well I’m only interested in bwgen for LD purposes… will you be posting the links here or should I give you my email?

I can post them here if you want, should I ever come up with any more ideas for LD presets.

Ed.

Would be greatly appreciated ^_^.

I have spent 2 days trying to use the bwg with little or no success, on day 3, i realized that it falls out after the first hour.

I would appreciate that too… Thank you very much…

I tried doing my technique without Brainwave Generator, and I just can’t get it to work now, so it looks as if I may be going back to Brwainwave Generator to help me again.

I was just thinking about the frequency of 3Hz, because if you look at the listing, it mentions the range of 1 to 3 as being for LDs and also the range of 3 to 8 as being for LDs, so maybe it’s the 3 which is the magical frequency, because at the same time another bit says that Delta is dreamless sleep.

?

Ed

I’d just like to add, that a preset that goes down to 3Hz is my Lucid Sweep 2 preset.

Ed.

Ed could you try several freq at the same time?
btw ehm has your shower a colour depression? your purple lol :smile:
Lol looks good though.

1.try alpha waves
2. beta/alpha
3. delta/beta

maybe u could test these the last two hours of sleeping time.
each set at another morning

Only if you are in the mood ED!
And one last thing! Dont ever drive purple :grin:

In reference to my Lucid Sweep 2 preset, I’d just like to say that I made a mistake, it’s actually my Lucid Sweep 3 preset which goes down to 3Hz, and I have now uploaded it.

Jeff, yes I could try those other frequencies. I’ll bear them in mind if my latest preset doesn’t work, thanks for the suggestion. :wink:

As for my purple face, well, I couldn’t resist, I’ve got stuch a strange sense of humour, I just decided to see what would happen if I inverted the green one. :happy:

Ed.

Lol looks great Ed…sort of purple rayed face…xute!

Tell me when u test those frec! :smile:

Jeff