Becoming lucid always changes my dream scene to bedroom

I have been attempting to induce lucid dreams for the past couple months and have had some good success (around 10 lucid dreams so far). My problem is that each time I become lucid my dream scene instantly changes to my bedroom. When I became lucid last night I tried the spinning technique to change my dream scene (which felt real cool) for the first time without any success. Has anyone else experienced this in their beginning lucid days?

Also, this may sound weird but I haven’t opened my eyes yet in my lucid dreams. I tried to open them last night but my real eyelids opened and it was too weird so I kept them shut. All of my LD’s have been induced using my homemade goggles (similar to novadreamer), maybe the feeling of these goggles over my eyes is causing the problem? Any ideas on how to overcome this? Thanks for the help!

In my first two months of LDing, my dream scene would always change into my bedroom when I got lucid. Lately, this has started to change though… Dreamscenes changing spontaneously is much the same concept as awakening, you will learn to focus as you get more experience.

If you have trouble opening your eyelids in an LD (I have quite often btw) just look through your eyelids. If that does not work, imagine there is something infront of your eyes, and simply remove it (those homemade googles pherhaps?). Be creative, you can do pretty much anything to open your eyes as long as it does not involve actually using the muscles in your eyelids, as it will cause your real eyelids to move.

This happens to me quite often, too, and nearly 100% of my WILD’s start where I am sleeping in real life. As a result, I’ve done a lot of work trying to explore new places.

The best technique I’ve found is to walk through a nearby wall and go into the darkness behind it. Everything goes completely black, and I just keep on walking. In a few moments, I start to see some light and color, and a brand new dream scene materializes around me.

Sometimes my eyes are still closed when I first do a WILD, so I just walk through the wall and wait for the light to come.

This happens to me all the time (see my thread titled FA’s). For me it starts when I realize I’m dreaming and the dream immediately fades. I rub my hands to try to stay in the dream, but always “wake up.” I say “wake up” because this leads to a FA. So while my lucid dreams technically start elswhere, they really start in my bedroom. Last LD I walked downstairs and told myself that when I opened the front door I would be in Paris. I opened the door and sure enough, there was a quiet Parisian street with the Eiffel Tower in the background.

And they immediately complained about too many tourists, I bet. :cool:

Yeah, this happens to me all the time even though I’ve been LDing for months now. I’m still trying to find ways to solve this problem. The other night I simply spun to end up in a new dream scene. If you attempt spinning, though, be careful because it could result in a FA causing you to believe that you’re awake.

I think it would be a better idea to avoid ending up in your room in the first place, rather than trying to create a dreamscene after you have ended up in your room. How to prevent it? I think it is pretty much like the way you prevent premature awakenings. Focus, use all your senses, concentrate on staying where you are. Maybe that’s plain wrong, it’s just a though…