Me and identity

Maybe this has hapened to you all. Like youre reading a book late at nigth and you hear a “voice” in your head that says: “You better stop reading. Tomorrow your gonna have school”, and then you “reply”:" I know. Just let me read a little more." and then, you think: “Hwo the hell am i talking to?”.
This is what happens to me when i am all alone. A voice starts talking to me and i always end talking to him/her (when i mean talk i mean “think”)

The question is, i dont know who is the voice. I think it is my subconcios beacouse once he stated “we” instead of “I”.
Does this hapens to you ? Have you ever met this Identity in your dreams?
C’mon tell me :content:

Sorry if this subject looks wierd ( or i sound wierd)

Yeah it happens to me alot.Definately more often while im stoned and then i have a habit of just saying it out loud which cracks me up usually:)
Just a little chit chat with myself…dont think it hurts:)

The strangest thing is that this idetity seems to have a personality of its own. It appears when i dont invit it, and it criticises the things i do in my life. Its wierd :tongue:

maybe it’s God?

if god was ever to talk to you, would he not do so they same way you do to him? In your mind?

I don’t believe it god but strangely thats the first thought i had

I have a hypnosis tape and the guy on it does a lot of little excersizes with you. and one of them revolvers around what he calls babbaler which is a voice in your head. He is quite for about 30 seconds and tells you to listen to babbaler. and then comes back on and asks if you heard him. then explains that its the voice saying “what voice i don’t hear a vioce. Dudes crazy.” mayhaps this is the voice your talking about and your just thinking about yourself in second person. I don’t know just a thought.

shh, you’re not supposed to tell people, they think your a crackhead. I know what you mean, I do it all the time, all times of the day. Not just at night. Riding in the car to school sometimes I talk to someone about what homework I didn’t do and have to try and finish before class. Also at school I talk to someone during class to pass the time cause it’s so boring. It’s quite fun and the person’s answers are like random things that I don’t think of it like comes from nowhere.

Impulses! That’s how i think of them, its like everything you learned to make everything easier speaks to you. Let me ask you this, when you speak, do you just blabber words and not think of what you were going to say to begin with, or you have thoughts that gather a question or an idea to seek improvement? I think thats the same voice, its like you, but this human meat body controls it :cool_laugh:

Now im the type of person that speaks my thoughts out loud, but right before i do, i have my inside voice gather all the ideas and info before i make the attempt of asking a question that i already know the answer too. So is that really speaking out loud? Its the meat made body expressing the inner voice :eek:

I think i just cofused myself :cry: :tongue:

Okay im no psychologist or anything here, but from what i’ve studied about the human brain and consciousness, is that it can have multiple personalities, in the mild and extremes… What you are “suffering” from is mild skitzophrenia. (which doesn’t nesessarely mean it can get any worse) but if you start “losing” touch with your origional conscious thought, then see a therapist/psychological doctor.

Me, my self and I “think” on a regular basis, i doubt any human does not think to themselves, but when you mentioned that “it interrupts” and that it’s like “he or she” has a personality of it’s own, it can be troublesome and annoying.
Smoking weed has been linked to causing only mild skitzophrenia, and I smoke that occasionally aswell… so you’re not the only one :wink:

don’t worry as someone who HAS studied Psych. i can tell you this has NOTHING to do with Multiple personalities. That is completely different disorder, the voices you hear are normal and everyone hears these some just ignore them.

also this one is for you karizma - split/multiple personalities have NOTHING to do with schizophrenia.

One characteristic of schizophrenia is a “split” between thinking and affect (feelings) which results in an inappropriate expression of affect. Some people incorrectly believe that schizophrenia is a “split personality” manifested by different, or multiple personalities.

Don’t worry. The voice does not have any influency in me. The possibility of being god. I dont think so. Why wold god have a daily conversation with a human being, specialy using normal portuguese language ( im portugese)

I dint even know why to call it Identity ( maybe is beacuse it sounds cool :tongue: ).

But there is no worry in the possibily of a near skyzophrinea :tongue: or about a superior being talking with me.
Its just a voice…
maybe, in my next ld, ill contact with this identity.

Who do you think your gonna contact? MAYBE A DREAM GUIDE :eek: Some people dont believe in that, but maybe its your inner voice :eek: that you hear everyday. I never met anyone like that myself in my dreams, or maybe i have and never knew about it. Just imagine if you met your inner voice in a dream, how would you know if it was you :bored: :confused: ? I have enough problems, hehehe, i can barely LD :grin:

I get that alote in my dreams. Usually when im on an adventure, ill have a seperate voice guiding me past obstacles. Like, go jump through that elevator shaft or ride that cloud its dense enough, stuff like that… Its nice having guidance like that.

Dark Matter: I think we may have a part of God in us. I believe I experienced it first hand! A voice in my head told me to put a typo I made into Google and click on the first thing that came up and the result was nothing short of miraculous. Interestingly, another part of me was thinking “this is ridiculous, why are you doing this?”

I think we have many voices inside us and the trick is to know when to listen to which one. In fact when I smoke weed I find they are easier to ‘hear’ and that there are two main ones:

• the positive one. “Hey, this song is amazing! I’m so glad things are turning out the way they are for me”

• the negative one. “What are you doing listening to hip hop, its awful! And your life is a mess, dropping out of university was such a mistake”

The weird thing is I’ve learnt to manually choose to hear one or the other when smoking. I usually ignore mr negative paranoia but occasionally he has good advice.

As for psychology, I once saw a counsellor who informed me that my tendancy to think about big questions in a philosophical manner could indicate the onset of schizophrenia. And so this is the point our society has come to now: if you question things you are labelled ‘ill’ and given drugs! The day she can explain to me the origins and purpose of life and consciousness and matter and time etc is the day I take her drugs!! We truly are well into the unenlightened age, as has been foretold in the vedic texts.

My mind plays games with me a lot, has done since I was a child.

e.g. I’m counting money and my inner thoughts will try to make me loose track by thinking of other numbers.
I’m trying to visualise something and my mind will try to change the image’s appearence.

It’s annoying but hasn’t caused me any problems. It’s just like an extreme version of that thing (What’s it called?) If you say “I musn’t think of a pink elephant in the next 10 seconds” you immediately imagine one.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. An even better example: Try to visualise yourself walking along a road. Now, try to keep walking without tripping/falling :wink:

sorry for going off topic, but

Lebowsk1, if you dont mind,. what was that typo, and what were the results?

and i also hear the negative and positive voices when i smoke weed,
but i also think about big questions in a philosophical manner, especially when im high,

one time i was thinking, while high, ( in the shower [i Love smoking weed while taking a shower, its Amazing…])

voice in my head: " what is one quality that us humans have, that seperates us from animals ? … we have the ability to Love, more than any other animal,… so, us humans have that ability to feel alot of love, and… we dont even use that special ability so much. The special thing about us is our ability to feel love, so we should be using that special ability alot more than we currently do…, if all humans used their ability to love one another, there would be no war in this world, since we would love eachother so much that to not want to harm eachother,… There would be no hungry people, because we will love eachother so much as to not let someone go hungry when we have more than enough food,… there would be no robery because we would love one another so much that we would want to share what we have…, there would also be no murder,… this world would be perfect if Only humans use there special ability to the maxx ‘’

and its true, Love can solve almost any problem, not just in general but in specific cases such as with a boy/girl that you want to be with

– say, there is this boy/girl that you really want to get with, but they like someone else instead of you,. normally you would feel hurt, right?

well, if you truly Love that boy/girl, then you would realize that the most iimportant thing is Their happyness, and wheather They are happy or not, and you would Love them so much that your own happyness is not what you are concerned about,… Their happyness is what you are concerned about, since you love Them, and not Yourself,. and you would actually Want that girl/boy to be with the person that they like instead of you, since they would be happier that way, and Thats what Really matters if you Love them., --Their happyness,.

and you would not be hurting so much over that situation

Anyways,… juss thought i’d like to share that all witt you all, :cool:

Lebowsk1, your post gives me an idea for a new topic

SpiritualLucidity - that would be a great idea, if it was actually possible to choose whether or not you love someone. I’m pretty sure love is something that occurs of its own accord, not something that you can turn on/off just like that. At least that’s true for truly genuine love.

Don’t worry, this definitely has nothing to do with multiple personality disorder, and definitely has nothing to do with schizophrenia. I’m aware that someone’s already said that, I just thought I’d reiterate it to make it clearer. And it’s probably not even anything from outside of you or your subconscious. It’s just that the easiest way to sort out an internal conflict is in the form of a miniature mental argument - and for that you need at least two voices. So you hear this voice, and argue with it.

And odd2k, that’s pretty clever. I must remember it.