So what do you want us to do?

I often read manga (japanese comics) right before I go to bed and sometimes end up dreaming in black-and-white, 2D comic panels complete with dialogue in bubbles and pictures. The dream then just scrolls by like a slideshow. It weirded me out the first time but it’s so cool. If that’s possible… why wouldn’t 4D vision be? The very least your mind does is create a perception that would lead you to believe it’s 4D (even when it’s actually not). Still - right now, I don’t have a clue how to imagine 4D vision. I just don’t know what it would ‘look’ like at all. o_O

A thousand 2D images still won’t give you a 3D picture of an object. And besides, all-mighty-unrestrained-power-of-the-subconscious-mind aside, people will never be able to focus and concentrate on that number of items at once - if that was the point of your analogy.

Black and white images are seen all the time in RL. As are TV screens, and Anime-style artwork. A 4 dimensional scene can’t possibly exist in any form we are capable of observing (Ever seen a 4D picture?), so our minds have no idea what to do in a dream to simulate it.

Anyway, blazinfish is right. This is a little off-topic, so I’ll leave it at that. :smile:

dang whered Ureon go now?! :confused:

Still here, don’t have anything interesting to post, when I do I’ll make a new thread so these 4D people can go on in peace. Got beaten up by street thugs last weekend so I haven’t really been able to focus on dreaming :smile:… I’m better now so it should come back to me.

i have a lot of stupid ideas:

drink alcohol to see how drunk you can get
try to swallow something huge, like a car
inflate yourself like a blowfish, and bounce
strip down to your skelleton
be the water in a fountain
shrink down to the size of an electron
watch a movie that you havent seen, then watch it IRL
keep a pen by your bed, and try to write someting IRL while dreaming
shoot laser beams from your eyes
shoot down the moon with a gun
develop a new sense, like the ability to see sound waves

Has anyone tried The Crowded Plaza Experiment? I think it’s in a LaBerge book, but I don’t know which one, or on what site I first read about it and I can’t find it on google. Has anybody got any more informatin on it?

As you might expect you have to get yourself to a crowded plaza. Everyone should be milling around talking to each other. You are in the middle of it, and just like in real life you should find yourself “tuning in” to individual conversations, one at a time, whcih you can make out above the noise of the crowd as a whole.

The experiment is to “detune” so that you aren’t listening just to one person at a time.

Presumably this means that your subconscious has to create every conversation at once. I suppose one analogy woudl be a computer game getting very jerky when too many characters are visible.

I remember reading that the results were incredible, spiritual, euphoric and, most amazingly, persisted into waking life.

The weirdest story was that people would not be able to use the computer for a few hours after waking becasue they coudn’t see anything on the monitor. Something to do with brainwaves and monitor refresh rates I would imagine.

This is pretty high on my priorities but I just can’t get long enough LDs to try it.

So has anyone done it? Is anyone going to do it now?

or pause time for everyone else in the dream except yourself. That’s a power I would Love to have in RL.

telephone random numbers
make yourself really tiny
turn on the tv and step inside the picture

From my experience, very drunk…
Especially (but not necessarily) if you really drank alcohol before sleeping.

Bowelfish, that crowded plaza experiment sounds very interesting. I can´t really imagine how something like this can have so strong effects, but if you find out more about it /where you read about it I´d like to know :smile:

tapir

bowelfish i found this an intriguing experiment and i copied your post into the lab so everybody who tries it can post their results.

https://community.ld4all.com/t/crowded-plaza-experiment/9727

more ideas

1. sneeze out your brain through your nose to see what it feels like not to have a brain

2. swallow yourself

how about this:

ask a DC to teach you a new short song, or at least a simple melody. then record it when you wake up

swallow yourself?!?! :rofl: haha thats the best one ive heard yet! lol u crack me up Hallstrom.

wow-very interesting topic!
drinking alcohol and getting drunk was suggested, i had an ld in which one of my friends came up to me and offerd me a huge joint of marijuana(yeah yeah real friends dont give you drugs-lol) but anyway i found a nice spot and proceded to smoke this huge thing…and sure enough in my dream i felt completly out of it-even better than the real thing is, my perception changed and i even wondered if i hadent been stoned b4 he gave it to me and that i was actually awake stoned and thinking i was dreaming- anyway i think your mind has the potential to simulate anything along those lines even if you hadnt tried anything before im sure that even if you just read what its like your mind will make it all you expect and more.
that said, drugs are nothing compared to the normal lucid experience in which you can see and feel much more than you could wasted.

other things i have done experimentaly are try to do dragon ball z styles and blow stuff up with energy balls, but i dnt think i believed i could enough because all that came out of my hands when i said the words(sumthing like KAA MAAYAA MAAAYA) was a large round blue coloured bubble looking thingy that drifted gracefully from my hands and floated away- bit of a let down-no explosions or anything.
Also once had a LD where i was walking around an unfamiliar town, i decided to try somthing other than flying so i foccused on an old looking building and willed it to explode-i done hand movements like prew did in the old charmed and sure enough it blew up.workd for awhile then became less spectacular.

For all ppl interested in 4D vision - I just posted a theory that could explain why it’s possible. It’s “Mental Code” thread in the Theory of Lucidity area.

another idea

swallow a DC at the same time as he swallows you.

What will happen?

I love your ideas Hallstorm :good:

Hallstrom has been looking at too much Escher.

yes, probably, but I don’t remember seieng anything like that… or did he do something similar with snakes?

He did two hands drawing each other :smile:.

I’ve always wanted to do DBZ stuff…I want to go to my old school and find this really evil English teacher that constantly told me I would fail (got an A and a B HA!!!) and do a Kamehameha wave on her…it’d be cool…