Sleeping masks / earplugs??

Does anyone have any product recommendations for sleep aids
like sleeping masks and earplugs?
I’ve found a couple on the web:
https://www.hibermate.com/
https://www.sleepmaster.bigstep.com/
These cover both eyes and ears. My concerns would be
comfort and effectiveness, especially in blocking out sound.
I’m thinking that earplugs may work better than these masks, but
the mask type may be effective enough.
The Hibermate’s ear pillows could be uncomfortable, (especially
laying on the side) if they’re too thick.
Anyone have any experience with something like these?

heh i don’t think i would wanna use ear plugs because usally the sounds IRL affect my dreams and make them more interesting. like when it storms or somthing the thunder can be cannons or somthing exploding. but as for the mask those might come in handy. but that’s just my opinon. :content:

When I WILD, my hearing will frequently stay active, and little sounds
(like the wife snoring!) can jerk me back to the waking state.
I don’t want too much sound attenuation. Still need to be able to hear
the smoke alarm, for example. So I thought these masks might be better
than in-ear type earplugs.

well in that case i think those would be great :grin:

I use a sleep mask all the time. I get the sun directly in my window in the morning.

I got one at Wallgreens (in the US) for $6.99. Just a simple cloth with an elastic strap.

It has actually helped me get lucid a few times. I’ll be walking around, can’t see, and take off the sleep mask. Then I wonder why I was walking around outside my house with the sleep mask on, oh yeah! dreaming!

Okay, I just placed an order for the Sleep Master mask, delivered for $19.90, not too bad. They include some ear plugs as an extra, but I’ll probably use the mask in normal ear flap mode.
I’ll review it here after I get a chance to use it a few times.
Carry on! :cool:

I have ear plugs, and a NovaDreamer too - well that’s an expensive sleep mask :tongue:

All of my work, down the drain, when will I catch a break, DAMN you https://www.hibermate.com/ and your slick marketing campaign.

“The World’s favorite Sleep Mask is now even better!”
“The Hibermate, the luxurious, new sleep mask”
“Complete Sleep Systems has introduced removable ear pillows to its Hibermate range at no extra cost. As you’d expect,”

Hibermate, the gateway mask…
Just don’t come crying to me when you’re stoned out of your mind, wearing one of those freaky African ceremonial masks…

I can’t use masks, cos I end up pulling them off while I’m half asleep, and it does me no good…don’t know why I pull them off all the time, guess it’s cos it’s not natural for me, 16 years of not having this elastic thing round my face and then for some reason I wake up with this random tight black thing round my head every night for 3 months…my body doesn’t like it!:no:

My report:
The mask blocks out light very well and is very comfortable.
The ear flaps don’t really block out much sound. It’s a little quiter wearing it, and depending on the ambient noise levels you’re trying to block out, it may or may not be helpful.
The earplugs that come with it are pretty standard cheap foam plugs. You roll them to make them skinny, insert them into the ears and then they expand back to fill the shape of your outer ear canal. They block a lot of sound, but I don’t like the tight full feeling of them when they expand.
But they definitely help: I wore them one time, and I was able to get to sleep easily in spite of some noisy birds chirping just outside the bedroom window. No LDs though.
This morning however, I LDed and had a WILD without the mask, or help from any techniques or gadgets. I think when the body/brain chemistry is right, or maybe your intention is very strong, it’s just gonna happen.
My intention was strong because I’ve had a dry spell for about a month.

OK, end of report. Thank you for your attention. :cool: