Smells in dreams

Tonight I had a dream where I walked into an old trailer that was in really bad shape. The floor was looked like it was damaged my water and there was a really strange smell there. It smellt like mold or something similar.

This was the first time that I’ve smelled something in a dream, atleast as far as I can remember. Has anyone else smelled anything in dreams.
Btw my nose was damaged a few years ago, so IRL I can’t smell anything unless it’s a strong.

I read something on the forums about hearing in dreams and last night was the first night where I remeber any significant sounds that weren’t people talking.

Not really, probally becuase you usually can’t remember it once you wake up.

Yes, not often do i notice i smell something in a dream but i have smelled perfume and the scent of fresh bread, yum. Also flowers in a rose garden and also some less atractive smells like poop to name one :grin:

Jeff

Hey dreamer,

Smells in dreams are completely normal. This makes the dreams more real. Don’t worry, it’s normal.

Greets,
Thor

JaRoD, this may sound like a weird question but is your sense of taste also affected? Since taste is so heavily associated with smell, I thought maybe things would be more bland or something.

I once smelled pee in a dream. Then I woke up soaked for some reason. :eh:

:wink:

sno_isulli, I haven’t thought about it. Most likely it’s been affected too but I haven’t noticed any change. When it happened i couldn’t smell anything at all but I don’t think that food tasted any different.

Btw try eating something while having your nose plugged up. You shouldn’t be able to taste anything.