Longest and most vivid LD?

What is your longest and most vivd LD? Mine never last more then 30-40 seconds before a FA or waking up.

i think about 10 minutes was my longest. i find the more i go along with the dream and not try to do something completely different, the longer i can keep the dream

in a particularly long dream i had, i realized i was dreaming while on my way to work, instead of doing something different i continued on my way to work, i just decided that flying to work instead of walking was better. i tried to walk through the wall of the building that i work at, ended up having to use the door :neutral: i relieved the person i came in to work for, sat at my desk and tried to poke my finger through a wall (i work at a computer lab on campus) and then decided i’d try to conjure up a sexy computer lab patron to have sex with (i conjured her up after some trial and error) but i woke up before we got to it, probably woulda lasted longer if i thought of something besides sex to do… oh well :yinyang:

The longest one I have had was a little over 1 minute. But the entire dream was about 3-4 minutes, but it took a while before I got lucid. I was sitting in a couch and suddenly I started realising that it had to be a dream. I was sitting for maybe 10 sec trying to figure out if it really was a dream. I didn’t think about doing a RC. Then I just stood up and walked away and had a little fun.

I have found that the longer my dreams are the greater chance I have of getting lucid. But most of my dreams are usually not that much longer than my LD’s so :cry: and :help: .

About 20 minutes, maybe even 30, 2 years ago. But it was a mixture of low-lucid and high-lucid moments. Just happened once to me, generally it’s never more than 5 minutes, with an average length of 2 minutes.

between 20-30minutes i think.

Only a few minutes in clear recall. But more beyond my reach.

(Sadly), my longest one so far has probably just been a few minutes, but it was very low-level.

The most vivid one I had was actually yesterday morning, where I jumped out the window and flew. Fun stuff.

not longer than one min… but VERY vivid!

I’ve had a couple that have been all night long. They spanned over my non-REM cycles and I have woken up during REM a few times to go back to sleep into the same LD. This has happened for probably four nights. Otherwaise my average LD is probably 10 min in length in the dream world, but in the real world is probably longer, or they happen toward the end of my REM cycles so they can’t be much longer than 10 min.

A few times I have become lucid right when I goto sleep. They have lasted 10-15 to find only 5 min have passed when I wake from them. The only technique I use to stabilize my dreams is rubbing and focusing on my hands. This is what I do when they go black during non-REM, which because of low brain activity only seems to be a few min, but is actually lots of min… heh.

When I wake, to go back into the dream I just wait for any signs of hypnog and then I visualize my hands rubbing and they come into focus then the dreamscene does. I have only had one LD this month though… soooooo :sad:

toadstool-

I envy you. How long have you been doing this for?

toadstool i knew there was someone else on this site that had been lucid over non rem, that is fantastic :happy: how trippy is it :razz:

Hmm my longest was close to one hour in one REM, it was very vivid and i have no idea how i didnt wake up, i guess i just oved a lot, my longest awarness though has been over REm non rem and then rem again feel into non rem but awoke, forgetting many details which i was very unhappy with, but still.

I want to try it again but i havent been able to…

wow, ld-ing all night! that must be cool.

new record! tonight i had another ld which was like 5 mins long! not very vivid but at least i managed to stay longer in it than just “wow, i’m in a dream! … and now i’m not…”.

I used to have lucid dreams when I was 10-13 years old. I thought something was wrong with me because when I would ask my friends “do any of you wake up in your dreams and you are still dreaming?” Of course ethe response was “what are you talking about?” I stopped having LDs for many years due to general insomnia. Last fall i stumbled on this site and I have been practicing since.

I have only had one this month :confused: which is odd, but I’ve also been into my anti-LD habits so it isn’t a suprise… lol.

I found that a good way to get into LDs is to have a dream idol. I always read minako’s dream journals and always wanted to LD like her. :wink:

Going into non rem was a lot like waking up, except you aren’t waking up… heh :smile:

I know your body is paralyzed during REM sleep, but I can toss and turn during my sleep because I sometimes wake up in a different position than I went to sleep in. I assume this tossing and turning is during non-REM.

If you LD during non-REM, can you cause yourself to move in real life?

thats really interesting… has anyone links/info about LDing in the deeper stages of sleep?

maybe LD is the woring word for this state… i think “being concious in lower stages of sleep” hits it most

when i look at this graph:

Source: faculty.washington.edu

my question would be:how low can you go?

Nice graph…

my longest LD would have to be about 10 minutes, usually they only go for a couple minutes though…but with effort I am sure I can make them last much longer.

-stranger

yes you move around in non rem but i a startin g to think that you can move around a fair bit in rem as well but i will get to that in just a min and i am totaly open for any sugestions on this.

I think lucid is the wrong word as well and just being conscious is the right one as you put it, very intereting graph. I know about the four stages of sleep and i know that delta sleep the 4th one is our deepest sleep stage, this is where they say that our brain repairs it self and whatever else. All theories i might just add, anyway. i dont know of any liks or other information of being conscious in delta stage. Maybe cuz it is so hard to remember anythin apon awakening.

During non rem sleep we still dream there have been a few studies onthis, but the dreams are much ore…plastid??? um slow easy. one book i cant remember which one now, said that non rem was like a documentionary(sp?) soz i am tiredlol, while rem sleep was more like a action film.

anyway, in one lucid dream that i had a very long time ago, i was a egyption dude and i was dead, i had my hands just like they do on that pictures etc, on my chest. my hands were clasped tightly. i awaoke after this and this is how my hands were.

now either i moved them during rem sleep to that position or i had them like that in non rem and when i entered rem i dreamed what i did because of how my hands were???