Hardrock's ramblings

I was gonna do just a topic on this but decided that this would be a good place for me to just randomly talk about things that I feel one way or the other about.

Who wants to be a millionaire?

Obviously the answer to that question is the people who run that show. I was watching it last night and have come to the conclusion that they have run out smart people for the show. This guy had to use all of his lifelines just to get the $8000 question wrong and walk away with $1000.

$2000 dollar question - The statue of Libery holds a torch in her right hand and a what in her left hand?
a-stupid answer…b-tablet
c-stupid answer…d-stupid answer

He has to ask the audience to find out the correct answer

$4000 dollar question - Which one of these is not a sympton used in NyQuils long running ad campaign?
a-stuffy head…b-fever
c-sore throat…d-chills

First he used his phone a friend to call up someone who the contestand said knew everything. This guy said that he hasn’t taken NyQuil recently but he thinks the answer is fever.

Out contestent doesn’t trust him so he went for the 50/50. This brought him down to a-sore throat, and d-chills. Luckily he was able to guess chills.

I have never taken NyQuil but I even knew that chills wasn’t something that it got rid of. Unless they are including chills in the long list of things that you don’t feel after you drink it because you get knocked out before you can put the spoon in the sink.

$8000 dollar question - Which popular rapper has a group called the St. Lunatics.
a-don’t remember…b-nelly
c-don’t remember…d-dmx

It was a middle aged white guy so he of course got it wrong when he decided that he was gonna guess dmx. I don’t have anything wrong with this but he could have easily saved at least 2 of his lifelines and had a chance at this question. I thought he was going to get it when he said that he knew who the guy was and that he wore a bandage. Why does Nelly wear a bandage and there is no reason for it but ol’ leadface 50 cent doesn’t?

Where do they find these people?

Give it a few minutes and I will realize this was stupid and I will edit it to to nothing.

if you make a million dollars on that show they tax the hell out of it, you are lucky to have barely half of that left.

This makes me sick… the government has no business in your winnings… they should just have Regis write personal $1M checks to winners, or give them like 1.75 million so when they get taxed they still technically win a full million.

Damn it all. it isn’t right.

Like if I won a car, even though I’m broke as hell, I’d have to pay taxes in order to have the car? WTF?