How long was your longest lucid dream?

I’ve had lucid dreams last anywhere from a few minutes to almost 30 minutes.

Haw long have you guys was in a Ld?

My LD’s seem to go on for loooong periods of time. Maybe like an hour (in my mind at least. You can dream at different speeds), with a half hour on the end consisting of me forgetting that I’m LDing. :tongue:

20 minutes. Most is less than 5 minutes. T’is subjective time. No clock time.

Jeez, give him a break. By looking at his other posts, you can see that English is most likely not his first language. If it is, though, then I agree.

Longest time has been an hour, although like another poster said, time in an LD is subjective. Can’t say if it was an hour in RL or just seemed that way.

forgive me, I did not think about that.
my longest LD was probably about 10 minutes.

About 45 seconds. But I have only had three and they have all been since May 14th,2004. They are getting longer.

The longest LD I’ve ever had was about an hour… Yeah… That stunk… I’m hoping tonight I’ll have a longer one, but most likely not since I haven’t even LDed in nearly a year…

Longest LD? I’m tempted to say somewhere around 20 minutes, but I know how extraodrinarily twisted your sense of time usually is in a dream.

Why not extend the question a little, and state what you consider to be your average length? I’d probably say 5 minutes would be fair, in my case.

It’s somewhat hard to say. I guess my longes one would be about 4 minutes and average would probably be about 30 seconds.

My LDs tend to be either around 1 minute or shorter than 10 sec. So the average gets guite low.

Less than a minute

a few hours… they normally last about 10 min though.

i have had a LD that felt as though it were a complete day, but it obviously wasnt in RT because i woke up 2 hours after my first awakening

God…I’d say my longest was about 5-10 minutes, if even.

It’s shortness was made up for by it’s Matrix-y coolness. :slight_smile:

Except some very special cases, like Third Eye Open Wide’s dream, the subjective time should not be inaccurate too much.
In a laboratory experiment, the dreamer Florence Ghibellini estimated that her dream had a duration of 20 minutes. Effective measurement : 10 minutes.
This example is taken from her dream book.

It’s pretty interesting that some lucid dreamers even claim that they have experienced lucid dreams of a year long. Of course, as many of you already pointed out, it is a matter of subjectivity.

Research shows that this “time-bending” actually takes place in the process of awakening. This is not something that you can compare with a question like “is 30 minutes al long time?” as if it were totally subjective. It is more objective than you might think. The ‘feeling’ of time is sometimes neurologically manipulated somehow in waking up. So it really feels like you have been dreaming for a year long, although it took only 10 minutes of REM sleep.

This is something else than subjectivity! :smile:

Mine always seem to be around 20 minutes, but when I wake up I realize I only did a few things and it seems like it couldn’t have been that long… It’s strange.

How long was your longest lucid dream?

I don’t mean how much time elapsed in real life. That’s unimportant. I mean how long the dream seemed to last.

I’ve never managed to go beyond 20-30 seconds :neutral: All those spinning, focuseing and rubbing techniques never seem to work for me.