Scariest things that have happened to you

Well i’m in one of those moods where i want to know what has been the most frightening moments of you’re life.

Here’s some of mine in no particular order…

#1 When i was in my early teens i was on a bus we were going down the road at approx 45mph, a car comming in the opposite direction and cut right infront of the bus making a right turn. To give you some indication of just how close it was i was sat at the front of the bus and all i could see of the car was the roof. So the car must have been extremely close. (out of interest this is about 10yards away from where #2 takes place LOL)

#2 When i was about 7yrs old i was in the car with my parents in the opposite direction comes a drunk driver. The road has high walls (higher than the average truck) the drunk smashed into the wall on his side bounced back over to the wall on our side right behind our car and his wheel trim flew off just missing the back window - there’s no doubt that if it had hit the window it would have come through and decappitated me.

#3 When a friend of mine had a severe asthma attack and her heart stopped beating.

#4 When i was 7yrs old i once woke up and i couldn’t open my eyes at all. This was one of the scariest times of my life. After about 2minutes i decided that it was sleep (that hard stuff that collects around your eyes) and i blindly made my way to the bathroom to wash it off. - It was indeed sleep that had formed on my eye lashes sticking the top lashes to the bottom ones. This was the only time in my life this has happened to me and it’s weird that it happened to both eyes at the same - and only time.

Seems like a lot of scary things happened to you when you where 7 :bored:

At the moment I can’t really remember anything really scary that has happened to me IRL. Usually the only scary things that happen to me is nightmares followed by a FA where the room is pitch black and the light wont work.

I do remember sitting on the passenger side of a car and suddenly I noticed that the car was moving by itself. I almost paniced and then I noticed that it was only the car beside me that was moving. This has happened to me atleast two times.

well…

I’ve had a few instances of there being a stopped car up the road, and the jackasses in front of me dont’ put ont heir brakes, they do nothing, and then, at the last second, they swerve around him, and i’m like “what the hell is that idiot doing” and then I see a stopped car right in front of me.

time #1: this asshole he cuts me off, he’s darting in and out of heavy traffic, speeding his ass off, being a dipshit, the fucker could have gotten me or someone else killed… so… i’m just maintaining my speed, i know he’ll be out of my hair soon, no need to slam on the brakes just because a guy cut me off, that could get me rear ended…

so we’re going down a hill, he’s a medium sized truck, i’m in a low to the ground car… well, he bails out of my lane, there’s a car in front of me, but it’s brakes aren’t on… by the time I realize it isn’t moving it’s too late… I lock my brakes and at the lest second try to swerve… I probably rear ended him at abo 25 mph… my air bag deployed, the back of his car was totally screwed up, if someone was riding back there it may have injured them fairly badly…

i was speeding, but everyone else was speeding, no one does the limit through there, it’s safer to keep up with the pace of everyone else around me…

i should have been anticipating something like that to happen i guess, but in reality who expects that at all? I didn’t know the truck obstructed my view THAT bad either… it was horrible… i had to spend hafl my graduation money getting my airbags reset but thankfully got out of a careless driving citation (which can cause jail time) for taking a defensive driving course.

#2 i’m keeping about 2 seconds behind a truck, out of the blue he goes up on the shoulder, I’m like “what the hell is he doing?” and I see a car in front of me… this time I dont’ bother to think, I just follow the truck… the car in front of me took off and finished his left turn

WHY THE HELL CAN’T YOU ASSHOLES JUST STOP? None of us know there is a stopped car there until it’s too late… it wasn’t htis guys fault though, the truck in front of him did the same thing, so he probably was just as clueless as me.

if the car hadn’t taken off i’m not sure if i would have hit it, I think i cleared it okay the way I reacted and I could have locked the brakes while swerving too… which could have put me in a ditch, maybe…

time #3: i just wasn’t paying attention and almost hit a stopped car at the same point.

it’s the close calls that are particularly scary, the one time I did hit a guy (this was a different road than the other two) it wasn’t scary at all… it happened too fast.

I drive extremely cautiously nowadays…

the only other terrifying thing was when i was 12 or so I got SP with this grim reaper like guy coming to cut my head off, I thought for sure I was about to die, there wasn’t a doubt in my mind at the time…

hmm none in particular come to mind, except for when I almost got attacked by a moose. I was camping with my aunt and we walked down to the stream to wash a pan she was using. I was holding a light, since it was nighttime. Suddenly this huge shadow come crashign through the water at us… I don’t think I’ve ever screamed that loudly… it was one of those involuntary, reflexive screams. I don’t think I’ve ever run that fast either. Anyway, it left us alone after that, but having a 1000 lb animal charge you is a little unnerving :eek:

The worst thing that ever happened to me happened when I was nine years-old. I had just gotten back from Ohio on vacation and I was riding my bike because my friends surprised me and fixed my broken bike while I was gone. It had just gotten dark and we were still riding and would pull to the side of the street everytime a car would come. A car started coming down the road as normal so I went to the side of the road out of the way and I turned around and started talking to my friend. I noticed the lights from the car about to pass get much brighter and I turn around and they are right there coming right towards me. I want to say I remember getting hit by the car, but I don’t. It instantly went into shock and woke up about thirty seconds after it happened. The car hit me dead on going about thirty five but I was lucky that my bike obsorbed most of the impact. My face got really messed up from when I hit the ground and I had bruises all over, but besides that I was alright. Damn shame that the same day that my friends fixed my bike it got trashed by a guy that fell asleep at the wheel.

Not many scary things not having to do with traffic, huh?

when i was about 10 i was out hunting with my dad when we got separated. this was in the mountains and we had no way to talk to each other. i had to wander down the mountain until i found a road then i had to follow the road all the way back to the cabin… i was lost for like 6 hours… scary stuff when you’re in mountain lion and bear country and you have no weapon.

at the end of april '04 i was doing doughnuts in my bronco on some dirt road when my sandal got caught under the floor mat and i slid into a burm. the bronco flipped onto it’s side crushing my hand that was hanging out the window… then the car set on fire. scary stuff. i got my ass out of there.

i’ve also had some disturbing dreams that scared the crap out of me at the time.

wow that must have been scary, did you wet yourself, i would have, probably crapped myself too.

That’s why I can’t drive.
I’ll never get my liscense…
I hate driving a car, or any vehicle.
Except horses, they are reliable.
But perhaps they aren’t really vehicles.
Anyway, I’m tired… :content:

I might have thought of something worse than I wrote before now. I used to be in the boy scouts when I was in middle school, and there was a event where I had to sleep outside without a tent. I fell asleep just fine, but then I woke up standing up in the middle of the woods. For some reason I was sleep walking in the woods. And it was so dark cause there was no light anywhere. I had no idea what to do because I didn’t know how far I had walked or where the hell my stuff was. So I just kind of wondered around the woods looking for this trail for about a half an hour then all the sudden I tripped over someone that was sleeping on the ground. Felt bad for doing that but I don’t think they woke up. If they did, that must have been very confusing. But moments after I tripped on him I looked down and saw a empty sleeping bag and realized it was mine. When I woke up I realized that I really hadn’t gone far from the trail at all, but I went the wrong way and met with the trail further down. I was probably about fifty meters from my sleeping bag in reality, cause I found my cap in the woods close by.

#3 When a friend of mine had a severe asthma attack and her heart stopped beating.
is she ok? what did you do?

#1: Getting stuck on a small patch of beach where the waves were incredibly high. I was alone and freaking out as I saw a huge wave come straight for me. Having no other options, I just clung to that stupid rock wall I was with and waited for the water to come and go. It isn’t much fun being swallowed by a wave. I thank God I had a good grip, cause I could have easily been carried out and well. . .bye bye world.

#2: My mom got croup one horrible day and I was home alone while she and my step-dad were at the hospital. I knew so little about what was happening because I had been at school when it happened and I got one crummy phone call with a bad explanation. I hear the words “trouble breathing” and “mother” and I freeze. I thought I’d lose her that day.

#3: When I was younger, my dad would often pick up hitchhikers. I had a fear of them and was always afraid they’d pull out a gun and kill my family and me. I think I’m traumatized from my weird fantasies. . .

#4: All the horrible nightmarish dreams that I’ve had throughout my life. They can scare me so much sometimes.

yeah I hate driving and cars, I had to drive 3 hours (normally 45 minutes) in the damn snow to take a final, could’ve been in a headon because i fishtailed into the opposite lane and it took me like 15 seconds to get control of my car… it sucked.

at the speeds and slipperiness everyone was going i don’t think a head on would have killed me though, unless it was with a semi, and there are a lot of semis…

ugh.

then i got stuck 3 times throughout the day after that, I got out of my car and beat the !@#$! out of the snow, kicking it everywhere, until eventually my wheels were free… and i got out.

i hate driving, i hate cars, i hate traffic.

give me a jetpack and let me take my chances with running into a plane, I say.

Ive had a few scary things happen to me so far in my life.

When i first started practicing driving, i was going down one street and about to turn onto another but forgot about the incoming traffic on my current road - almost went roadkill but then i saw the headlights and everything went slo-mo as what usually happens when things get intense. I swerved to the right and then stopped, let the cars pass and then turned onto the road down to the grocery store. Hehe, and i take the driving test on the 7th of July! Dont worry the above event was months ago. :tongue:

When i was really young and visiting the east coast for a family reunion, I was in some bay, and i went swimming waaaay out by myself. Something brushed against my arm, and it started to sting. Then i felt more brushes and more stinging, and i panicked, started screaming. I did not know what to do but somehow ended up back on shore, it seemed like an eternal dream, swimming back, and i ended up taking a long nap. Apparently a jellyfish bloom came in, and everyone got out of the water after i got stung…everything for a reason, right?

On that same trip, we were at some beach with pretty large waves. I remember wading/standing in the water, and then me noticing it was suddenly down to my knees without me moving, the water receding. I looked behind me and then looked back only to get slammed. Next thing i know i am belly down on the shore with water rushing all over past me, and strong too. I instinctually clawed at the sand to get a grip, and held on as the huge wave receded. It was like a dream, everything in slo-mo, i remember wondering if the tide had come in and that the water was high above me, that i would drown…eventually the water receded enough for me to stand up and I ran coughing and crying. They thought that i would have been swept out to sea, but luckily i survived.

Other things that scare me:

Seeing a loved one get hurt

Venemous snakes wandering around

Hiking/climbing and a rock slips

Suddenly ‘waking up’ from this reality like it was a dream

The idea of being aware in a coma but not being able to wake

Loud, rushing water (im traumatized of water - currently working on it this summer)

• Seeing my friend get knocked to the ground by a car and then accelerated over. Some part of the car ran over my friends head, and he lay in the street with blood running from it. Before the ambulance got there, he kinda became concious while his brain was swollen and bleeding (he ended up in the hospital for weeks). All he did was scream and writhe. It was horrifying. The medics had the hardest time strapping him down to the stretcher because he was violently seizuring. Chances to live were against him but he survived.

• Out hiking in the mountains, I was meditating in a secluded rocky area off the path. Somehow I sensed a presence near me, so I looked around and there was a rattlesnake (deadly) that was literally within inches of me. It’s path was headed directly up my leg. My reaction was to jump up and move away as fast as possible. Apparently he didnt know I was there because he didnt rattle until after I moved. He probably would have ended up on me had I not gotten out of the way, which would have been quite the predicament, especially if he had found my pants or sweatshirt comfortable.

1.I was about 8 years old and i woke up from sleeping and no one was home,not my parents sisters noone.i was home alone for like 5 or 6 hours scary when your a kid who doesnt know how to cook and you didnt eat dinner.

2.i woke up one day probably 13 or so and there was no food in the fridge it was completely empty i could see the back of the fridge never have i been able to do that,my parents through out all the left overs and cooked the rest of the food for themselves then got mcdonalds for me.

3.It was in a night mare i was like 5 or 6 and i had just watched the original exorcist(very scary when you that young)and i went through the dream scared as f*ck i got caught by her and well i never really been the same since that dream :help:

I can’t imagine the kind of terror that could bring. I would probably freak out if I saw a rattle snake. Get bit for sure. The closest bad animal encounter I have ever had was this really mean dog that kept trying to come after me but its chain would always catch it, but finally one day, it pulled it out of the ground and it started running towards me really fast and I knew it was a really mean dog cause I knew the people and they trained it that way. So I pulled out a newspaper I had with me (I was delivering them) and I held it out in front of me at about waste level and right before the dog got to me it just froze. My dad tought me to do that if a dog was going to attack, because he has had to do it a few times for his job. After it was over I was amazed I was able to remember and execute that with how scared I was. And that was just a dog, not a snake. Heh.

Here’s one it wasn’t really scary at the time it all happened to quick to be scared, i was more scared after it happened at the thought of what Could have happened.

The road i used to live on up until i was about 10 was one of the steepest roads i’ve seen. Put your hand flat on a surface and keep your fingers on the table raising your hand about 30degrees and you have an accurate idea of how steep.

Anyways i was about 8/9 comming down in on my bike with friends. I had to pull around a parked van - i was going so fast that the change in air pressure caused me to immediatly start shaking violently. Next thing i know i’m doing a summersault over the handle bars landing lowerback and bum first and the momentum forcing me back to my feet and running about 15foot just to stop myself moving. A few cuts and scraps but nothing serious at all.

Strangely though i had a big interest in stunt shows after that lol.

I neglected to mention, about my very close encounter with a deadly rattesnake, that if I had actually gotten bitten, chances are I probably would’ve died.
I was in an area of the mountains where I usually spend the entire time without ever seeing another person, and the encounter happened far off of the already desolate trails. I had no cell phone to call for help with. I was at least a mile from my car. I can’t tell you how happy I was that I did not get bitten.

when i was 18 i got some sp. but one night it tooks about 2-3 hours and at last i want to get out of bed and go out so i get up open the rooms door and i feel something not right then i realize i sleep still in bet ( those days i dont know ld) that was owfull.
and another time i saw myself in ld i dont know why that scares me too much.