who do you think was or is a great genius of the world

So many war geniousses? I think the one who refuses to wage war is more genious than any of those. But i could still throw in Erwin Rommel aka The Desert Fox.

You already took up Einstein. Theory of Relativity, E=MC[size=75]2[/size] and not to forget brilliant quotes. Guess i could throw in few religious/spiritual ones from him.

“My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.” Don Juan from Castaneda’s books might just have sayed like that aswell… :happy:

“Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity.”

And to go more further on road of spiritual geniousness… how about Buddha? :content:

Just to make things clear. Tide of the war was turned on eastern front. Most of the german casualties were there, at least 20,000,000 soviets died during the war. And when D-Day started on 1944 Germany was already withdrawing and it was just question of time when they would lose totally. Of course US and UK lendlease program helped, but in the end it was russian lives and soviets being able to raise huge military production during the war that became the end of Third Reich. US just came to german in time so that soviets didnt swallow the whole Europe, and who knows if soviets might have advanced and driven US out of Europe unless the Atom Bombs had not came around.

Sorry went bit off topic, but couldnt resist. :grin:

[b][color=indigo]I still think Elizabeth the first, but for the scottish people who may be here, that don’t accept her as a queen, then I’ll choose someone else.

Yoshitaka Amano

oh yeah

bring it back to the art world and final fantasy…his art is amazing, and me being the biggest 16yr old art freak there is, I think his work is the most beautiful, inspiring and original artwork there has ever been.[/color][/b]

Ghandi was a great person I think, but I don’t know wether the word genious is the right one to describe him.
I rather think about art, people like Huxley or Hesse. Perhaps even someone as unknown as Jeff Noon, I love his way of telling stories.
There is music, Jim Morrison, Thomas D…
Yet, noone comes to my mind that I’d really like to label a genious. Perhaps I just don’t really know what to think of the word

Other way round :wink:
Besides, I don’t see how that benefited Germany. The DDR was just another dictatoric regime with the big wall around it, anybody who wanted to get out was shot. Now that the wall has fallen there are still problems, since the west is more advanced than the east. For a long time after the union westerns felt like something better, while the people from the east didn’t like the west for being rich. Today the both parts slowly unite (a union in the minds I mean), but it’s a slow progress.
Fashism is much more common in the eastern part, btw

I also think Hitler was good at giving speeches, but I don’t think he could be considered a genious (even from a non-ethical point of view)

Wow this certainly has become a “your thoughts on Hitler” thread.

I see Leonardo Da Vinci as one of the greatest thinkers our world has ever seen. And if you don’t already know the reasons then you should read a biography. The man was centuries ahead of his time.

ahhh okay you know for a black guy george washington carver was a genius i mean he made yummy penut butter.you cant deny that .

Haha, I was talking about this on IRC a few days ago… Hitler was a dude!
Sure he did some crappy things, but he was an awesome leader. One of the most misunderstood leaders of our time.

theavatar thank you very much for agreeing with me.tapir thank you also for correcting me hehe been a while since i studied germany.

what about Patton, not saying that he was the greatest genius, but maybe possibly the greatest “war genius”

Not sure where to get a copy of mein kampf, maybe try barnes and noble online, sry don’t noe the web address…

ahhh yeah not the greatest zhuge or sun tzu were the greatest no doubt about it.and tyhanks for the mein kampf tip.

i play giutar 2( i am a newbie though)

me too i’ve only been playin for about a year,

just learned sweet home alabama (i’m from there) and i want to learn free bird(who doesn’t)

i love lynyrd skynyrd

oh and no prob

Demon? Who is patton?

I play guitar as well. In fact, I’m teaching Shinta ^,^

Umm… you should really read “the art of war” demon. I have a link if you want it.

www.kimsoft.com/polwar.htm

Patton was a general in… ww2…, i think, actually there is a movie with george c scott its pretty good. he just thought that he had been reincarnated from past war heros, he was a little crazy but isn’t every good genius?

Yes, he was a U.S. General in WWII. A deffinite genius who lived through some amazingly dangeours things, then died in a traffic accident.

sorry if this is a little late but hitler was no genius. he was just a good speaker and he took advantage of germany’s situation. smart? maybe. genius? no.

al pacino = god > maynard james keenen > jim morrison > hitler

hehe i think a modern day genius could be maynard… but that’s just personal opinion.

who is maynard?i havent ever heard of him.

twitch

:huh: he’s a musician. he sings in some little bands. you might know them? tool? apc?

:bored:

i dun like tool or apc.so i wouldnt know him :tongue:

I wouldn’t call Maynard a genius, he’s just well educated, probably.

If we’re going to make one Tool member a genius hands down it has to be Danny, he’s a drumming God like almost no other, plus the extensive knowledge on occultism and whatnot…

I’m not sure who out of them would know the “most” on the subject though… but I’d put Danny above Maynard, he blows my mind.

I just recently, having owned Lateralus for a few years, noticed how insanely … insane… the drumming is during the song, the way it meshes and overpowers during someparts, then the way the guitar struggles in and the drumming dies out, and it’s just… some huge beautiful dance…

it blew me away.

MC Escher, the artist.

I would also have to agree that Danny would dominate an IQ test.