Mirrors

In the site I read that touching a mirror is phenomenal, and kind of sucks you in. In most of my lucid dreams the first thing i do is go to a mirror. My face looks distorted and the reflection doesnt do what i do, it kind of has a mind of its own. but upon my touching the mirror nothing happens, i have even taken a few steps back and ran at the mirror, still nothing.

that sounds kewl
nxt time u c a mirror in a LD try 2 imagine urself as u would in RL
then u mite c ur real reflection staring bak at u :content: :smile:

Hey Mojo, how about you learn to spell?

Dream objects don’t react in a certain way for everyone everytime, it depends on you.

I used to look strange in mirrors :crazy: , but now I look almost completely normal. I think my brain has gotten used to how I’m supposed to look in a mirror. And mirrors in my dreams have always worked exactly the way they are supposed to do.

So far I haven’t tried going into a mirror, I will try to get through a wall first.
Danm walls, why of why are you so solid in my dreams :help:

Mirrors are the strangest objects in my dreams. I always look very strange while looking in the dream mirror. Upon touching it, I always slip through its surface, as if it’s water. During the last LD, the mirror did the same thing as with Neo in The Matrix (except for the last part of it :wink: ). A few time I’ve dived through a mirror: it was pitch black, cold and hot at once. Pretty disturbing really… and it forced me to wake up.

When you intend to walk through it, see the wall as the back of a uniform waterfall (or a fall of sand if you like). Imagine that you’re standing behind it and that you can walk through it very easily, because it’s only water (or sand). You could also imagine the view you will get to see behind the waterfall. This visualization should help you to increase your mental flexibility which is necessary to walk through walls.

Good luck :smile:

once when i looked into a mirror. my face started to distort. i saw that as me focusing too much on myself… distorts the truth.

Last time i touched the mirror and myself came out of it. and i was having a conversation with me.

Wow! That must have been an amazing sight! :content:
Was it a helpful conversation?

it was cool because i gained an outside perspective of myself. i dont remember the conversation too clearly…

well, last night i went lucid again (11 so far) and as usual i touched a mirror and nothing happened, i got mad and threw a lamp at it and the mirror shattered.

Your mind is still too much projecting your expectations. In real life you expect mirrors to be solid objects which can be broken by smashing it with a lamp for instance. Dreams don’t work that way, and it takes time to adjust the usual waking life consciousness to this boundless world.

Be patient, practice a lot and soon you’ll be able to morph every dream mirror :smile: