Cant seem to do anything "fun" in an LD

I just had my 11th LD last night, and like most of my other LDs it occured in my house/yard. I get frustrated though, because nomatter how hard I try, I cant seem to fly, or walk through walls or anything fun. The only thing i can do in a Lucid dream thats entertaining is popping dream people. Are there any tricks to flying, or walking through walls that Im missing?

Man, what a waste! I mean, have you even tried just exploring your dream world? That can be one of the most intense things to do in a dream, talking/interviewing DC’s is also very fun if they’re cooperative. Flying will come to you eventually, for now just enjoy the dream - even knowing that you can do all kinds of stupid things without getting caught is fun - like punching someone in the middle of the road or whatever.

If you really, really want to do superhuman stuff and all that, you can:

A) Call for your dream guide.
B) Repeat whatever you want numerous times ("I’m going to fly, I’m going to fly X10).
C) Just believing you can do it and not getting discouraged.

Good luck! :smile:

Yea. I agree with immortal. I often don’t have Ld’s long enough to do what I want, so I just explore and it’s really fun. However, I can fly when I explore. So you wanna know how to fly? Have you tryed jumping, and then once you are in the air, try to swim?
The only thing you need to do to fly is- you gotta believe! Parappa refrence

Anyways, walking through walls is kinda fun, but I suggest you actually WALK, not run. I ran headfirst into a wall. And it sucked. ^,^

I used to LD naturally at least once a month. I’m now trying to gain control of that ability. (A whole world all my own? Sounds fecking cool!)
Anyway, just from my little experience I did learn one thing. The only limit in your dream is yourself. Your mind. You can realize you’re in a dream, but you have to completely let go of the boundries set by the real world. You have to completely believe, beyond a doubt, that you can fly, if you want to fly. The slightest thought of not thinking it’s possible can keep you down.

So if you want to fly, you really do have to believe you can fly. Once you do that, you can do anything.

Also, you might want to try this. Try not to move yourself and make yourself fly. See if you can make the ground move away from your feet. You know what I mean? Don’t make yourself lift from the world, make the world fall away from you.

I hope that made some sort of sense.
Yay! first post! XD

Yes this is extremely important. But it isn’t easy to expand your horizons while in a dream. It takes a lot of practice, and the more LDs you get, the easier it goes. Your flying abilities will develop in time, but don’t expect that you’re able to do anything after only a few LDs. If it doesn’t work, start with easier things, such as exploring the dreamworld, as immortal also suggested. Slowly, with every new LD, you can experiment with more difficult things, which need more flexibility of the mind, such as flying. This way your LDing skills will develop gradually with every new experience.

Good luck! :smile:

Oh and welcome to LD4all, k1t_ch4n! Great avatar :happy:

You’re the same as me. Which means I’m probally the only one in this thread (of who has posted so far) will be able to help you (no offence guys).
(youre also like me, as most my LD’s take place in my home)

Right, just believeing you can do something. you know fully well that this is a dream. you know that you can fly, adn believe and want it to happy a hell of a lot.
But no matter what, you can’t.
That’s what’s it like, right?

Okay, my advice is a little different from everyone else. Just try. Yes, that simple.
Just keep on trying, at least once every lucid dream. Try doing other thigns that may help you (running before jumping, jumping out of a window, stand in front of a movign car and just jump).

Keep at this, and you’ll start to find your making progress.

I once spent an entire LD trying to walk through a wal (yes, i was that determined), and by the end of it, i could force myself in a little way.
Progress, see?

Also, try to find shortcuts. Put your hand in a poket and pull out a pill (it’ll be there, don’t worry) and take it. This pill will make you fly.

Of coarse, there are other thigns for you to do in the meantime (I don’t care what imm0rtal says, even if you can’t take control, an LD is NOT a waste). here’s some ideas that’ll keep you amused:

=> take RC. lots of interessting effects (too many fingers, being able to out one hand through the other, blinking infront of a clock etc).
=> look at yourself. what do you look like? feel your face. what does ti feel like?
=> look at the sky.
=> talk to something - anything. see if it replies.
=> talk to DC’s. some are really smart.
=> explore your home, and compare it to your real home
=> try putting on a cd player something. sometimes the music is almost exactly right. other times it is nothing alike. sometimes it’ll make up (cool) music you’ve never heard before. soemtimes it’s terrible.

And i’m sure you’ll be able to come up with alot more (most i come up with on the spot i the dream ).

Also, two more thing. How long are you’re typical LD’s? I find mine last longer then average (wihtout having to do any staberlising techniques too).
And generally how realistic are your LD’s?

About walking through walls: I find that if I run through something really fast it’s as if it was never there. I believe that it won’t be there, it’s not hard at all, I just expect not to get hurt. Now if this doesn’t work for you, don’t worry, because your goal is fun, and crashing into walls is certainly fun in my book :smile:

This is how I solved that problem (stolen from LaBerge): I told a random DC to grab me a jetpack. He came back with a fluffy coat (for some reason…), but it still worked and allowed me to fly.

Eventually you just force your mind to recognize the fact that the jetpack is no more real than the air you’re flying on.

Wow this sounds cool. I still havnt LD yet…but im gettting real confident that i will soon. Ya’ll have discussed mainly walking through walls and flying. But, though some may be incredibly hard, can you really do ANYTHING n dreams? People say dreams have no limits, but no one on here has discused some things i thought of, well i havnt read them yet. Things like meeting God, living in a environment from your favorate game, or anime. Creating a living environment from scratch, learning more about existentionalism. Having Telekinesis or othr psychic powers.

And with years of experience can you EVER become lucid any night you want? All you High members say things like 2 or 3 LD a month. Just wandering if they always come so rarely. Thanx

I haven’t LD’d before but I know how to fly in a dream,
You just have to think to yourself that you are flying.
My problem is punching people, I can’t even hit them!! I guess I have a fear of not being able to win a fight or something