Self hypnosis: tell me everything about it.

whats up guys.

self hypnosis seems like a goofy thing to me, it seems somewhat unintuitional really. But alas, the mind is the most powerful tool on the face of the planet, i’m sure its totally plausible.

who here has done it? how hard is it? what do you do? any sites with great info? how does it help LDs?

thanks guys, Klippy

I’ve done it. It’s not that hard either. You just need to remember that the image of hypnosis you get from cartoons, stage performers, etc. is just a caricature.

dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dummies … d-971.html

that article doesn’t sit right with me…

first of all, i got tired just reading it. (no not a bad thing, i guess i’m prone to suggestion)

second, you can relax yourself easily without doing all of that…

third, it paints a trance as just a feeling of look at me i’ve been inactive all day on the computer and i’m really relaxed and slow…

my idea of a trance is altered states of mind you know, like, either full blown paralysis, or like… .you know, something that is NOT at all like what you feel while you are awake… something heightened, like, if you were in a trance, you could REALLY see the escalator and YOU WOULD PHYSICALLY (via hallucination) be on it.

that’s my idea of a trance, not some wishy washy counting down to get mildly relaxed.

what good do suggestions do while just barely relaxed that they dont’ do while fully “alert” and … like… in the normal beta level…

i can’t imagine this technique takes you deep enough for any suggestions such as “i am in a lucid dream” or “i am paralyzed” to WORK.

that is the basic principle of trance induction sure, and withot an EEG I’ll never know if I’m hitting “trances” when I try to WILD… but… you have to take it so deeply deep to the point of needing to be very skillful (my impression) to hit a deep alpha or even theta trance, which are really what you’d want to shoot for for LDing or successful implanting of suggestions into your mind.

dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dummies … d-481.html

this doesn’t sound half bad, maybe by trying to rotate through the body so quickly it keeps you from losing focus while falling asleep and helps you stay in the “twilight zone” instead of being unconscious during it.

holy reality

It sounds very similar to many WILD techniques.

Klip

Self hypnosis is Like lucid dreaming, like anything really. Your own thoughts and feelings about it can determine how successful you will be with it. Self hypnosis can be a powerful tool with lucid dreaming.

If you are interested in it I would suggest getting some good books on self hypnosis and make your own tapes. You can go through the routines without a tape but, in my experience you will make quicker progress if you use tapes at first.

I agree with Holy Reality. The technique above seems to be just relaxation.
And it’s very unlike hypnosis, where you are in an alterate state of mind.
I wonder if it’s really possible to hypnotize oneself.

I use now for 17 years selfhypnosis in my lds for controling them from within.
It has so far shown to me the best prolonging tech and also for controling a ld from within.

Of course i started with autohypnotism (selfhypnosis) practise in real life!
Because then your memory can connect out of real experienced practise and that works the best.

Jeff

Jeff,
by self-hypnosis, do you mean
=> 1) deep relaxation
=> 2) auto-suggestion, for instance in repeating an order
or another technique ? Could you describe your practice, please ?

why do self hopnosis ?

Simple Zardos i found out that hypnosis trance and dreaming are both stages of associative consciousness and there for extremly close related to eachother and indeed it works very good to control your ld with autohypnotism also called selfhypnosis.

So why? Because it works!
Dreams are mostly memory associations in progress :wink:

jeff

why do wild, why do subliminal messages, why meditate?

It all helps to reach some goals, be it relaxing your body to WILD or other forms to reach LDs, subliminal messages to help you LD (or anyother goal) Self hypnosis to aid auto-suggestion for help with whatever LDing or otherwise.

Pretty much all these types of things alter the state of mind in someway or relax you - which will help with LDs. So from the perspective of people trying to LD or find easier methods to reach LD why not do self hypnosis?

Yeah i do repeat myself alot :wink:

//and damn that jeff hides jeff’s “submit” button

lol Dark Matter haha :wink:

jeff

I’m going to have to disagree. Everything that I’ve ever read/been taught seems to indicate that the link I posted is dead-on accurate. The mind is not a thing–but many interacting and forever changing processes and mechanisms. Dividing the mind up into specific “states” is very subjective and arbitrary. You could say that there is only one state of consciousness, or you could say there’s an infinite amount, or 10 exactly.

I certainly could be wrong, but I think the distinction between “deep relaxation” and “deep relaxation with a hint of suggestibility” is a fruitless one. The more relaxed you are, the more suggestible you are–it’s just a correlation. No need to split hairs over who you believe is more hypnotized. :smile:

Hi Basilus West :smile:

Well ehm a long time ago i found a good book about selfhypnosis that explained a lot about how thw brain works with auto suggestion.
I also did at the same time hypnosis-trance sessions with looking at a spinning spiral and also practised deep relaxation.

The most important thing i learned was connecting auto suggestions-self hypnosis to breathing out each time and repeat your suggestion at the same time. Because when we breathe out the body muscles automatically relax. Breathing out connects to emptyness of mind but also to delta waves (thats deep sleep brain waves)if u have talent and dedication for it.
So because i experienced in rl how this all feels its easy to recreate it then and use it in a lucid dream.
U also see that with monks in the east, breathing out is one of there basic secrets they use to get in a trance or to be empty in a meditation.

So it depends on my goal…
sometimes i create in my lds a turning hypnosis spiral in front of me and then i just lower my brainwaves so i wont wake up so soon while iam having a ld. I create the spiral or i lay down or sit in my dream and because from memory and real life practise i know how trance feels, so i just say SLEEP to myself while i look at that spiral or when i lay down. Thats already enough to trigger my association with trance and hypnosis.
I did much research and i found out that alpha waves are the buffer between waking and sleeping. Because beta waves witch are associated with waking and theta waves witch are associated with rem sleep and half trance always fight over domination. Alpha waves work there as a buffer.
So if u can create enough alpha brain waves you wont wake up so soon while having a ld.
I also let my dream body fall a sleep in the ld by means of a mix from selfhypnosis and meditation and breathing out and then i can enter deep sleep also lucid or go even deeper to an NDE and still stay lucid.
I had an eeg machine to record all that for my own personal research.

From meditation and autosuggestion/self hypnosis and breathing out and chakra/ nerve spot experience i made my own wild tech witch i found later out is an old tibetan way to stay lucid in sleep. I use that to enter all sleep levels even a nde and stay lucid.

I now told and explained it a bit fast :smile:

Jeff

Waw ! :eek: :bow:

No, it’s OK, thanks a lot ! :good:

where did you get an EEG and how much was it?

i want one so bad, or i want some sicentists to pay me to do LD research on me, that would be fantastic.

I assume above you are talking about physical processes. The combination of these processes add up to the contraption that is ‘The Brain’. Just as a University’s faculties all individually exist and interact to create ‘The University’, ‘The Brain’ is formed in a similar way.

The MIND (which is the thing you are using to read this) is something that is more than the sum of the brains parts. If you were just the Brain, there would be no need for the Mind.

Before you dragged me into an ‘Evolution’ debate on another thread this was the point I was trying to make to you. Heh in fact it makes sense to me now… because you consider yourself only to be your physical body, your theory of your own origin only takes into account your physical properties! Once the non-physical nature of yourself is realised, your core philosophical base alters and with it the rest of your ideas (which is what happened to me).

Anyway enough rambling… :smile:

Holy Reality i bought it from a company that builded them cheaper then those in hospitals. Mine was then something like aprox 1000 dollars, no idea what they cost now. U can do nice things with them but u have to scrach your skin a bit for good conductivity :happy:
Itested alot with it from meditation to dreams to deep sleep to drugs, many many things.
You could also ask a hospital if they sell u an old one!

But these days many things u can read up just from lab test.
I found even a book where they made a pet scan from a lucid person.
so u could see witch brain areas where active then.
Seemed that the prefrontal cortex played an important role with being lucid.

well mainly i just want to know what brainwave states i’m entering when i do cetrain things, etc.

You could say that the mind is illusory. Or you could say the mind is just a self-important replacement-word for brain. But I do not believe there is any so-called “non-physical” mechanism by which either the mind or (and) the brain operate.

Certainly. Though I would disagree with the word “dragged.” It makes it sound like you didn’t even have fun. :happy:

I certainly don’t want to hijack anyone’s thread, but feel free to PM me any ways an individual can realize they aren’t “just” physical. I’d love to continue our conversation–though perhaps not as in-depthly. You probably feel the same way. :smile:

Vae: I will reply to your post via PM but I may not have time to do it over the weekend. But yes, to be continued my friend… :cool: