OBE

hey,
i need some help
when eva i relize i am dreaming my dream ends and i start to feel viabrations and a really loud buzzing sound, i think i am having an OBE coz thats was pple have writtin. i dont really wont 2 hav 1 i just want 2 have a lucid dream.
What Am I Doing Wrong?
can ne1 help me? :eek:

many people have different opinions on what an “OBE” is. The vibrations you describe sounds like a normal waking up process. I often feel this when waking, and I really enjoy it. It gives me the same excitement as a roller coaster.

I don’t think you are doing anything wrong, but are getting along pretty well.

PS: oh yeah, 1st post here. Welcome to the forum :happy:

kewl thanks
but how can i hav an actual LD without having an OBE? and should i just let the viabrations happen or should i make them stop? :neutral:

Hello mojo !

Nothing wrong in what happens to you. Vibrations and buzzing are often unpleasant, but I believe they are very common in WILD, not only when you are waking up but also when you are falling asleep (Could an expert WILDer confirm ?)

There is another way of lucid dreaming than WILD. You can become lucid in a dream while you are deeply sleeping. So you have not to be conscient of you becoming asleep.

Concerning OBE, a lot of lucid dreamers think that OBE is just a sort of LD. (And a lot of OBEer’s think that OBE is not lucid dream). :smile:
I’m sometimes dreaming that I’m stupidly flying in my chamber, or that I’m awake in my bed, but I’m pretty sure it is just an image of my chamber (not the real one).
So why are you so afraid of OBE ?

hmm…
the viabrations scare me, do u think that i should completley remove from my body and like walk out the window? :smile:
I think that OBE’s are like a lucid dream, because people have said that when they have an OBE they look at their room and it doesnt look completley right…maybe it was an LD… :smile:

Often when I WILD I will get the vibrations and feel like I am being pulled out of my body. Now this was not an OBE in my opinion. I very clearly ended up in a dream. The vibrations are harmless. In time, you will not find them to be scary anymore. You will be excited because, you will know you are about to enter a dream.

Happy Dreaming

so if i let the viabrations continue and i try to imagine something or someone i will enter a dream?
thanx everyone for helping me out :smile:

if the viabrations happen in both OBE’s and WILD how do u know which one is happening?
and if it is WILD do u get up out of bed and end up in a dream (u would be dreaming u were in your bed) or do u wait until u find yourself in another place (in a dream landscape etc.) :shy: :smile:

Different things can happen. When I WILD I get vibrations ( sometimes strong enough to make it feel like I am having a seizure). Then I will feel myself being pulled in some direction ( usually to the bottom of my bed ) then, the next thing I know I am standing in my room next to my bed. Dreaming and fully lucid. Other times I’ll get great HI and just sort of get pulled into the scene. (Best way I can describe it) In this type of WILD I don’t usually get vibrations ( or don’t remember them).

thanks, can any 1 tell me about an expierience of WILD? did u get viabrations when u were WILDing or not? :shy:

For me it happens exactly like milod789 describes. Sometimes I get vibrations and sometimes I just get vivid HI and I get pulled into the dream.

If I’m going to experience vibrations at all it is usually during a WILD session.

An OBE in description sounds very similar to a WILD, but is totally different by definition. The major difference is that in an OBE the enviroment should in theory be stable and the same as the real world. In a WILD the enviroment takes on the characteristics of the dreamscape.

I assume the process from waking to OBE or WILD could be very similar. The person may be aware of the body falling unconscious in both, and the sensations may be similar. Since I am not sure if I’ve ever had an OBE I can’t tell you how the sensations of the two transitions differ.

only after one dream did I ever get returning vibrations
they seem to happen at alpha-theda transition, after a brief lapse or dullness of consciousness

they can be very loud and strong, but perfectly safe
I find them very energizing and relaxing, perfect conditions to wild or project from even if they cease first time around (the method I’m still working on for about a year now)

Do you just sit tight and alow the buzzing to finish then it goes to a dream or OBE, or do you get up in the middle of it?

you jhust reminded me of a dream i had once just by saying roller coaster lol. I was just sitting in mid air and going really fast into the water shruggs lol that felt like a roller coaster. That was a few nights ago that i must of forgot about :razz:.