The Big OBE topic part II

To anybody who’s read Carlos Castaneda’s Don Juan series are OBEs what Castaneda experiences when he lucid dreams. He talks of having dreams where he sees himself sleeping. Having never experienced a LD let alone OBE I wouldn’t know. Thanks to anybody who can answer. :smile:

Last night I decided to try to get an obe. I read the ebook “Do obe” and followed the advise given. I laid down, tried to get hypnagogic imagenery while staying highly focused on my goal. Every 10 seconds I said to myself that I’d be still awake and stuff like that. I also tried to open my chakras by concentrating on them…

After a while i felt dully Vibrations throughout my body…like there’d be some kind of energie inside floating around. I got very excited so these vibrations eventually stopped. I thought that this would be the end but suddenly i’d feel an “energy jump” in my left leg…lt was like pulling out energy out of my body!! Afterwards, my left leg felt much lighter and I was, unfortunatly fully awake…

How close am I to obe?

bringing this topic back to life, or trying to

hello

To respond to your exp ginkgothian, i think that you are close to an OBE, considering you most likely are able to induce the vibrational state (im sure the transition from single body part to whole body is easy once you can induce it, kind of imagine the energy growing or something, like it is spreading slowly but surely). As for excitement kind of bringing you out of it i can relate, too many times i have had my body awaken from excitement of SP and float state. One thing to keep in mind as you get into practicing, is to not expect too much too soon, because being consciously awake makes it harder to deepen things. (at least i think so) and cuz to expect is to set yourself for dissappointment if you dont progress as youd like to.

Oh a big thing to keep in mind is to not think, i dont know if you think alot but if you do a good tech is conscious breathing (at least while your body is still awake), and then once you get into the deeper states, i dont know. Just kind of ‘be’ if that makes any sense. Like right now look at your surroundings, but dont question them, dont comment on them. So while your in that state in sleep, and get a thought or image, dont fight it or curse yourself, just let it go and continue to be conscious of only the present moment.

Oh, in regards to progressing, in my case i make huge steps (steps that are like months apart, spontanaeity and chaos), for example, before i knew what ‘twilight state’ (below) was, i did not get closer and closer to it, but i only discovered it through spontaneously consciously waking up in it :tongue: , my body asleep like a log. Since then from that experience ive gradually kind of put up a little staircase so to speak, knowing where the next level was. HOWEVER dont think that this is exactly how its going to be for you, in fact you very well might make gradual but sure progress, considering how you got vibrational state in one leg and maybe float state after, rather than the whole body.

hope that helped :smile:

cut, paste, done

hello all (again)

Whenever i do AP practice (which i havent been doing much of lately :shy: ) I noticed that if i pay too much attention to my body and how it feels, that it will get stuck or just that i would not progress anymore. Its kind of like forgetting your body but the trick is in remembering it later, but not your physical body but your ‘being’ as i like to think as you can feel it trying to float out (farthest ive got as far as conscious effort AP goes, all my OBE are spontaneous or uncontrollable like id suddenly wake up floating out kind of awkward cuz i couldnt really control it, or in another i was kind of ‘swaying’ and then got kind of ‘pulled out’ or something…hehe my conditioned need for a point of balance).

Usually the farthest i get is sort of consciously waking up into a state where i can feel my body, and almost see it like its in a blue light (light the color on the ground and trees etc from a full moon), i call it ‘twilight state’’ in respect. There im stuck, but the thing is in that state i never think about AP, or anything really. With my few OBE two of them had twilight state preceding them (that i remember), but the thing im trying to figure out is the transition between falling asleep and twilight state, and also the blackout between twilight and suddenly waking up feeling like youre floating inside your body.

Thing ive noticed is that i never got vibrational state as ive heard it called except from this one dream where I was like some sort of monk and then i jumped to this patch of grass lit by the sun, meditated, and then suddenly woke up lucid in the vibrational state, i dont know it was kinda freaky, everything looked golden but in a weird way, guess its just my newbie response :content: but i eventually knew what it was at the time and tried to AP but couldnt cuz it felt like the ‘electricity’ (how it felt) was holding me back (stuck in the pattern of the high frequency feeling if that makes any sense). But anyways hope that stuff was a little helpful, the experiences of a yet to be APer.

I think the trick in regards to AP is to kind of let go, let it happen. When i pursue it i get stuck, and then when i just kind of mellow boom im floating in my body. I speak from the one conscious actual AP ive had which was where i consciously woke up into the floating state, desperately tried to float out or seperate, and then i just kind of gave up and the next thing i know, im floating out, all awkward as usual. I also speak from my conscious pursuits into twilight state cuz usually if i try hard to attain it, i cant get there (far too often its the itching that gets me, way early on, anyone else get that?) but then i’ll just kind of give up (but not in an ‘ug’ way just not try as hard, kind of like an ‘if i dont get there oh well’ mixed with ‘im already there’ attitude) and then its like i’ll pull a dip in consciousness and then kind of wake up or notice that everything suddenly feels very different. Then i get stuck :shy: Sorry if i cant really describe it that good this stuff is hard to describe in words! I guess what im trying to say is that its probably wise to not try so hard.

As for the giving up attitude what i meant was dont give up in an ego manner like ‘aw forget this!’ and just roll on your side or something and fall asleep but to pursue it not in an ego manner like ‘oh ive gotta AP’ to something more like ‘I know i will AP, I just have to let it happen’

So anyways any advice on how i can advance, from the experts out there? :help: Any comments on stuff i brought up, like the different states? Im more interested to hear about other peoples experiences though.

Sorry for the long post hope it wasnt a bore, like i kind of said above, i ask that you DO NOT consider your own experiences, if you feel less experienced than i, to follow in my footsteps. I personally feel that we all progress about such things VERY DIFFERENTLY, and so thats why i ask you to consider such with like a handful of salt, not just a grain. :wink:

Oh by the way im not sure if i got my acronyms right, but im pretty sure that OBE is out of body experience, and that AP is astral projection, that the difference between them is that AP is a consciously induced OBE…? :shy:

Is it possible to forget an OBE? Right now I have such horrible dream recall that I might have already had a lucid dream but forgotten it. Would my efforts be better spent trying to acheive an OBE instead of a lucid dream?

if u have a OBE could u move around in the house? And do the thing in the room look exactly the some as in RL? Whar about the clock ? ore can u read thinks? ore is it just like a dream? My “dream master” can create a OBE every LD he have so i just want to know if ther is a difrent between a OBE ore a “LD OBE” ?

I’ve been trying to do this for the longest time. o_O I can never get it though… it’s really hard for me to fall asleep on my back. :sad: I’ll lay there, not moving, until I’m 100% sure that my body’s asleep. Then I clear my mind… but I can’t hold it for very long. My sleepy mind drifts and thinks of things when I don’t want it to (argh). A couple of times I actually did keep my mind cleared for quite a while, but nothing happened. :-/ I only got a weird feeling once… and it felt like the bed was rocking (like my head was going downwards and my feet were going upwards), I never got buzzing/vibrations. :uh:

Risika, I’ve been through the same thing. Tried to OBE a couple of times, but never really got the vibrations, only the feeling that the bed rocks and my head kind of drifts up, but nothing more. The trick is to keep consciousnessly awere of whats happening and DON’T FALL ASLEEP. ^^ Keep your mind on yor non-physical body and try to imaging a rope above your body that you grab on to and drag your astral body out of you physical one.
There are many other techniques that works, it’s induviduall wich one that works best for You.

Ooh, I was going about it all wrong then. :lmao: I was under the impression that one had to fall asleep with the intention of OBE-ing, and then it would happen if they did it right. o.O;
Oops ^^ Thanks for telling me that.

Hi,
New here, very excited to find I am not alone!
I get the vibrations on demand while lucid (however I suspect it is something that is done to me) also the most terrible pain in the right hip that is sometimes too much too take, from there it is relatively easy to obe.
Alternatively sometimes I will be lucid & just flying around enjoying myself when I am “grabbed” & “we” rocket strait out of the dream & we are shooting through total darkness. I have only once been brave enough to go all the way in the grip of this “something”, we arrived at what I can only describe as a white lattice floating in blackness, it seemed huge but no explanation can really describe it. Has anyone else been there?
Goodwill to all, Mike

i’ve only had 2 obes but both were accidentle and not planned, but i tried having one earlier today, all i got was a loud ringing in the ears, vibration and for a brief moment felt like i was on the ocean or something for awhile (sort of that feeling where your on a board or something in water and then a wave starts at one end then goes to the other side ) but because i was thirsty i gave up and went to have drink (next time i’ll make sure theres no distractions)

I almost never do napping during daytime nowadays. I think i should do it more often now. Today i got my car from car-repair, and decided to take a short nap (hoping for possible OBE, or LD) before my wife arrives home and we will drive to her parents place afternoon.

So i started to have some images soon, but my body was not yet starting to have a paralysis. But then suddenly my wife opened the door and i was about to jump up from my bed, but couldn´t. I felt my astral body walking inside me (i don´t know the exact word in English). If you imagine your body softly staggering against one wall and then against other in narrow corridor - it was almost the same feeling as my astral body staggered within my physical body for 0.5-1 sec until i was able to move my physical body and to rise up.

I think i was at my way to SP :grin:

Well, just wanted to share it. This thread needs updating anyway :smile:

That’s not your astral but your dream body. Contrary to popular spiritual fast-food beliefs, OBE’s are also internal, mental events, just like LDing.

But how can i make discernment between dream body and astral body? When still in my physical body, although my physical body is getting paralyzed, then it’s a dream body? And when it manages to get out of my physical body it turns into astral body? :confused:

Dont worry you won’t go out of your body as in “asytal body or dream body leaves physical body”. That only happens at NDE. So in all cases, dreams or LD’s or OBE’s, it is your dreambody that takes over. This mostly happens so extremely subtle that the transition (if you stay conscious to witness it, like what happens at WILD) is hardly noticable. All of the sudden the body you have can be your dream body while you may still be convinced it is your physical body you are moving (hence OBE’s look so incredibly real, and hence they call it OBE in the1st place). The way to take advantage of this subtle transition is to try and move and get up slowly or roll out of your current sleeping position, in this way you will start a LD (what most would call OBE).

Xetrov, you can really test your theory that OBEs are just another lucid dream… next time somebody has an OBE - try altering the environment or what is going to happen - like you would in a lucid dream - take control.

I think most people who have an OBE do not think it is their physical body - that is why it is also referred to as Astral Traveling… they have an astral body. And they believe it is quite distinct from their physical body.

El sortilego, this test is exactly what people in OBE do and they CAN change their environment at will often (if they can’t, its due to the fact that they believe they can’t). It is explaned by guru’s like Bruce in this way: in OBE our thoughts influence the astral! (nice trick really, this way you can explain all weird things in OBE’s). Yet this is not true since it all happens in our mind where willpower is the key to everything, as anyone into LDing can tell you.

And I did not mean to say that people in OBE think its their physical body they are moving, I somehow made a mistake in writing that down. It should have been:

“All of the sudden the body you have can be your dream body while you may still be convinced you are not dreaming (hence OBE’s look so incredibly real, and hence they call it OBE in the 1st place).”

I was referring here to the smooth transition between wake and sleep that happens around this time, which causes OBE’s to look real. People may think they are awake (and so, think they are moving their astral body, not their dream body) but in reality they are already dreaming, often of their room including their own physical body lying in bed. Imagine what an inpact it could have, when you think “hey I am not dreaming and yet i see / float through my room and even see my body in bed”. Many people get convined this way they had a ‘real’ OBE.

Xertov - I realised on my way home that you had probably just been slack in your comment - I was in a narky mood yesterday and I felt like playing devils advocate. :tongue:

Still - I have to say I have never read or heard of any astral projector/OOBE (whatever) claim they have altered their environment whilst in the OBE state. That’s not to say it never happened though… I just haven’t been privileged enough to stumble upon such information… and right now I can’t be arsed looking for 'em either… but point me in the direction if you must! :cool: Also, there are a lot of LD’s and OBE’s that claim distinct differences in their subjective experiences.

Saying that though, I believe that its all one of the same in one long spectrum of consciousness.

Also you mention NDE as being an entirely separate phenomena? Why is this so? (Again - can’t be arsed looking for myself… just point me in the direction my man!) I would have thought they were almost one in the same as there are many common subjective elements in reports of NDE and OBE.

Also the acronym definition onthis site says OBE: Similar to a lucid dream but the person claims to be out of their body. The enviroment mimics the real world [well you expect the real world cause you think your still init] and the person claims the details, images, and memories are much more vivid than lucid dreams. [ memories of things you see the most are the most detailed ones, thats why it is often reported that one sees the shifting of one object into another -a door into a wall for example- when that person is moving away from its well known enviroments in the obe/ld]

there’s another topic on testing obe’s: ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t … c&&start=0

Well, i had my first full OBE today while tooking NAP. And i must agree with Xetrov: it was kinda LD, but only difference was that my dream body moved over my bed onto floor and then i created some vision of my room by demanding light and clarity. I was even able to choose how i want some things to see (for example: i went to certain web-site and i was unsure must it be black, or dark blue. So i decided that the background must be black and so it was). Besides: there missed some things in my room that were actually present in the same time IRL (for example my wife). To compare my experience with my usual LD-s: i had more control over what i wanted to do (fly, go through closed doors), because i was more involved on creating my dream invironment than in LD-s when i often wake up in ND. Another thing: the experience was less exciting, or less emotional than usual LD. I think it’s related with the same: i excersised more control over my environment than in usual LD.

Next time i want to create something into my room (for example time machine to get me into some other place) to show that you can alter your dream environment, and create things into it at will like in LD.

i know this has been asked many times but how do you obe? and what can i do to get it?