Problem

After my 2nd LD last night, I found a problem which happened with both LDs:
After I wake up (using WBTB, and then using WILD to get back to sleep) I’m having a problem with getting back to bad.
Also I am a person who wakes up early. So when I finally succeed to get back to sleep, I’m having a dream for only minutes, befor I wake up.
Is it possible to use WILD without using WBTB, or maybe using the WBTB for only seconds/minutes and then go back to sleep?
I really need help with this, because I only saw my house and never got out in my LDs :help:

If you’re using WILD and WBTB, you can go strait back to bed after waking.

If you were using MILD, then it’d be a better idea to stay awake for a while.

you should try using other techniques such as VILD or something that does not require getting up in the middle of the night. If awakening from sleep causes you to have insomnia…then don’t wake up :razz: I have the same problem sometimes. Check out some of the VILD methods and MILD Variations. very helpful :smile:

You can do WILD without using the WBTB method. It may take more practice and dedication to get proficient at it without using WBTB. However, WBTB is not a requirement for WILD. Myself and others have been successful with WILD without using WBTB and so can you.

With all that said WBTB does make the WILD technique easier and faster for many people. As suggested above you could go right back to bed when you wake up in the middle of the night rather than staying up for ½ hour to and hour. I found that going right back to sleep works well with both WILD and MILD and does not disrupt sleep.

I don’t know much about VILD but, that is also another option for you.

Even though you use WILD you should still keep a dream journal and do frequent reality checks during your waking hours. That alone will give you some lucid dreams.