NEW METHOD TO OBTAIN LUCIDITY

PVD…a member of this forum…has shared an awesome tech to becoming lucid. dunno if everybody knows about it or not, but I’ll post it. Here it is:

This method basically programs your brain to be concious automatically in a dream at any time.

1. You need to start training yourself. Just like RCs, you will do a switching from a concious state to unconcious to concious.

2. During the day, Try and wander off in your head. Start daydreaming about something and make your mind completely focused on things not in Real Life.

3. After doing that, then come back to Reality.

4. Keep repeating steps 2 & 3 multiple times a day.

5. When you think you are ready, set your alarm for about 5 hours after you fall asleep. When you wake up, perform another unconcious to concious test [without falling asleep] performing the test right now is optional, but will give you better chances.

6. Anyways, after that, go to sleep. Hopefully if you are trained well enough, you will gain conciousness in your sleep, because your brain will be used to switching from unconciousness to concienceness. [i hate spelling those words].

So thats it. I was told of it today, so I’m going to try tonight. Sounds pretty promising. Ive been doin the checks for a couple of hours. Lets hope it works :smile:

sounds like hypnosis…

ive never done hypnosis before…hehe

It certaintly does sound like hypnosis. If I didn’t know better, I’d say it is hypnosis. But hypnosis is when you put something into your sub concious, and you don’t do that in this method.

Who’s PVD, why didn’t they post this, how did you hear of it, why do they think it’ll work, and how successful has it been for them?

Oh look. Post number 1,000. Just a typical, mundane, skeptical post. Typical.

PVD is in the chatroom every day.

R3mot calm down…

R3mot’s turned evil :happy:

But that’s the kind of questions you SHOULD ask when trying a new method.

im sorry but i have to correct you guys… its, r, three, m, zero, t… you know, like c3po, but difrent… anyway you can always count on r, three, m, zero, t to ask the nasty but very important question’s… cuz i would like to know if this works too, altho it realy does sound like a form of hypnosis… sumtimes daydreaming is like self hypnosis…

It sounds a lot like the Tholey combined technique described in ETWLD. You never know it might work. Any way I don’t know who this person or the technique is. However it sounds to me like he wants you to :

1. question your reality
  2. Daydream and/or imagine you are dreaming. (Perhaps even imagine yourself doing the things you want to do in a dream)

Hey Bendrummin58, how has this method been working for you?

it seems like this technique could make you lose touch with reality. what if sometime you couldn’t tell the differnce? if you did it enough, you never know man. That could lead you to go insane or something.

Nic: You would probably have to already be mentally unstable. :smile:

PVD is a long time member here…very long time.I dont know about the method(will try it,sounds simple just like method should) but i know PVD and you can trust him:)

I daydream constantly and always do an RC upon returning to RL. At one point it was a little effective, but it doesn’t seem to do as much at all anymore. Maybe the brain just craves something new a lot of the time and techniques just work best at the beginning…

The one thing I see wrong with the technique is that during daytime, its a switch between internal conciousness, then external conciousness. However, when asleep, everything from random thoughts to fully vivid dreams are all internal. So there really isn’t much of an transition of conciousness there.

If you’re lucid in every single dream you have, don’t come crying to me when you die… (the lack of NREM would probably have the same effect as a lack of REM - ie. death)

hmmmm that is a really good point.

You could seriously die from having lucid dreams every time you dream? wouldn’t that make Lucid dreaming unsafe or at least limit your life expectancy?

hehhe nah…he meant REM and some NREM periods…you cant stay councious through all stages of aleep:)no worries here

Well you can if you want but, it is not easy to do. No, you would not die from it.

Well, when you start an LD and then staberlise it each time it fades, you’re forcing yourself into a state of REM. If you could somehow keep this up the entire time your asleep, you’d end up with no NREM…