docosahexaenoic acid and memory

not really a discussion directly about shortcuts to lucidity but I didn’t know where else to post this :smile:

Some recent studies about memory and DHA…

If I understood this correctly: If you eat food with DHA (an omega-3 fatty acid) it may have a positive effect on your memory… Like protecting the memory from the destructive effects of Alzheimer Disease…

So if you want to remember dreams/lucid dreams later in life, eating food with DHA (fish, soy…) is probably a good idea :smile:

Other nice effects besides “stronger” memory are:
Reduced risk of senility
Protect against heart diseases
Generally good for your skin
Generalyl good for your eyes/sight

• a lot more

:eek:

Links:
neuron.org/content/article/a … hlight=DHA
gp.se/gp/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=119&a=179034 (swedish)

my parents always told me when i was a kid that if i eat fish i’d be smarter… never really understood why :smile: till now, of course.

Its a bit off topic but now that you talk about memory I think that as well as training ourselfs to remember dreams and LD we may aslo exersice in remembering ourselfs when we are LDing, because what happends very often in my LDs is that I bearly remember who I am is like the brain or the consiusness could be divided into separeted modules for example logic, memory etc and not all of them get activated.

I have tried eating omega-3 capsules for a few months. But I didn’t really notice anything while using them, so I stopped. But I know that they are supposed to help the brain a lot.

If the brain doesn’t have omega-3 fatty acids it will use other ones that aren’t as good. I think some things in the brain are supposed to work about 10 times faster with omega-3. But in general I don’t think it does that much difference.

JaRoD: I don’t know how fast you’ll notice any effect on the brain but isn’t a few months a little short?

One effect that seems to come pretty fast is better skin quality…
Since I don’t eat fish that often I’ve starting adding a few drops of linseed
oil to every meal I eat (last two weeks). And I’ve already noticed my skin is less dry :smile:

This stuff is suppose to hieghten mental performance…so if I take this stuff…will it help? I’ve tried many things like repeating that I will realize that I’m dreaming, having a dream journal, eating dairy before I sleep, and the Suneye method…so will these vitamins help me? Of…and I do eat pretty healthy now.

There is some information in this topic about DHA. Welcome to LD4all! :cool: