PILD :D (Pain Induction of Lucid Dreams?)

Hio all,. Last night I get to sleep, but I have pain in my hand. And I had a LD thanks to that (I think)… In the dream I had pain in my hand and I looked at it and wondered why I heart, may hand looked pretty messed up, I use to use the hand RC so after some time the only reason I could come up whit was that I was dreaming, and after that my hand started to act like it use to do in dreams.
So if I had pain in my hand because I had it in real live, cold u don’t create a little thing that send in a little electricity in your finger a couple of times during the night…. I don’t know about u but if I felt electricity in my hand I should look at it. and if u dreaming u will probably get lucid?? Do u guys think it will work?

Hm yes sounds like this might really work! Though I doubt it will have 100% success rate. Because, signals from waking life always enter the dream in a rather distorted way. Remember the Novadreamer experiments from LaBerge? He often saw the flashes in unusual things, such as a red light in the sky, or people with a red glow in their eyes. It’s hard to notice it everytime and realize it as a sign from the Novadreamer. I think the same will happen with such a electrical device which gives pulses to your hand. You may have been lucky this time, but I think more experimenting is necessary to see how reliable and valuable this tech really is. But it’s worth to find out :smile: I don’t know of such a device, but it shouldn’t be too difficult to fabricate it. Perhaps there are such devices available and perhaps LaBerge or others already did some research with electrical pulses? I don’t know really… But I like your idea :smile:

The original PILD technique I have read about involves torturing yourself when you don’t have an LD, so you will have an LD out of fear. Not a technique I like :bored: Your version of PILD is completely different and it has a lot more potential I think. I’ve also had dreams where I had pain in my stomach, and when I woke up I noticed the pain was real. So if I continuously have pain in my stomach, or even voluntarily induce pain while being in REM, then indeed I could use this as a LD inducing technique :eek: But honestly I prefer to have no pain at all and get LD’s by other means :wink:

It’s funny how you consider them both “completely different variations of the same technique” because of the name. This has nothing to do with the other one. :smile:

wow, i this cut on my finger a month ago and in an LD/ND it looked like a massive nasty cut with burning!

sorry, I fogot who originaly mentioned this. but it reminds me of wereing a tight ring on your finger so that you will feel the tightness in the dream.

I don’t think that it’s nice to hurt yourself. It seems that we are actualy talking about becoming Lucid through recognizing a particular body sensation. Like maybe you could tie a wet scarf around your ankle instead of bruising and abusing yourself…
:peek:
#Six

Yeah, I once banged by hand right before bed (accident) but then in my dreams the soreness was kinda distorted to a sort of… magnetness? It felt like there was something in my hand that wanted to get out, very weird, anyways seems like it should work, GL.

In this technique, the P was for “punishment.”

Zardos, what you said makes me remember of a friend of mine’s LD teachings : you don’t have to crush your fingers with a hammer :cry: to make this technique work. :grin: An abnormal feeling can be sufficient, like holding a little stone in your hand for instance.

weird pild method

^^^I think it would make me go insane :crazy:

Just so everyone here knows, this type of PILD or any other techs shouldn’t exactly be looked at as a potential tech, cuz no one wanna be stupid enough to hurt themselves only for lucidity’s sake? I stopped tyring it cuz it was boring and a bad tech in my opinion. I even read it was one of the worst techs.

i have my longest ld of 5 mins and when i up for the dream, what happens !!! my arms is on wrong side of the bed make me feel pain, i think for someone reason pain help to anybody to have lds. :wink:

This happens to me a lot. I have to wear a retainer at night, but I stop doing it out of laziness sometimes, and when I do put it on my teeth get sore because they had moved and my retainer was pushing them back. I often always have vivid dreams and LDs when my teeth are hurting/sore. I just never really thought about it until now.

ok… now lets all make something painful before we go to sleep… :content: anyway : i might work :wink:

Funny you guys should mention this. Some of you may remember back when I had knee surgery, the pain helped me have super vivid dreams. I think I went lucid once or twice during that time. I can see where the technique is useful.

but I’d never do it deliberately.

Summary: PILD is actually more often than always a bad tech except on very special occasions.