HandBook Website is UP! [READ]

ANOTHER UPDATE. All beginner methods are complete. That includes: Hand Tech, RC Tech, MILD, AutoSuggestion, PILD, RILD, Sound Tech, TILD, and UILD.

More is being worked on.

YET ANOTHER UPDATE: All Beginner-Intermediate methods are complete, and the Intermediate methods are nearly complete.

Beginner-Intermediate: WBTB Tech
Incubation

Intermediate: VILD
Chaining Dreams Tech
LILD

hehe last post.

the site is finished!! All tutorials listed work!!! there are tons of them. 15 to be exact. More will be added soon.

for now…im gunna eat some ice cream and vedge. ive just spent about 6 hours on the handbook.

Looks good. A few things:

• The list looks ugly because of the [Beginner] you put next to each tutorial. It isn’t nessecary. You’ve already put the category on the left. :smile:
  • You should have completed most of the techniques? Maybe simply have tried them?
  • The links look bad: blue against grey, purple against gray, blue against dark blue, purple against dark blue. Would you like some help changing the link colours using CSS? (I would change the left ones to white/light blue and the middle ones I think I might leave)
  • I wouldn’t expect the links to go directly to external sites… even though it’s labelled “LD4all forum”. Maybe have a links page mentioning dreamviews, lucid crossroads, wikibook, etc?
  • Maybe a list of stuff you might want to do in dreams?
  • The colouring system is goood.

Apart from that, a good site. Hope you update it and make it even better!

Hey, no need for that! Just leave it alone in that case.

thx r3m0t. i know there are lots of things to be done. it hasn’t even been up for 24 hours :razz: I just wanted to get the main stuff such as tutorials finished. crap loads more is going to be added :smile: and no i dont need help with programming…i got it covered

Aww, r3m0t just wants to be the only one with a good resource center lol :tongue:

As far as the [Beginner] stuff goes it does seem somewhat useless because there arn’t two version of the same tech. I do like the color coding on the Tutorials though. Pretty nice for such a short amount of time:)

This site will be added to a list of handy LDing sites for The Library.

G’day,
Techboy :mrgreen:

Neo, again it isn’t mine, again I’m sure the handbook will constantly improve. :smile:

And I was the one who added it to the links list on the wikibook (about to, anyway) and to the Library one. So there!

Lol, I was kidding, but alas you win…
[size=59]

…this time…[/size]

Hi bendrummin58, just to report that with firefox 1.0 the music isnt working, firefox cant find any plugin to download

I never said it wasn’t :happy:

There is no such thing as a begginer or advanced technique. Wild is hard for people and really easy for others. WBTB is extremely easy for some but doesn’t work for others.

It will discourage some to try the “harder” ones. WILD method is one of the bets (IMO, even though I can’t do it) because if you do it right, it is a guarenteed lucid dream. So think about that…

do you guys read? lol. in the tutorials list, i sepcifically said that i ordered these in categories from my opinion and my opinion only!!! not some scientific reason! SDfjaslkfjasdl;fkj lol. website will be dramatically updated tomorrow :smile:

I don’t consider this a begginer method. Or if you do, I recommened you make a recommendation against it.

Looking good! Oddly enough, I am also working on a slightly similar projject.

Thank you bendrummin58,

I’m very new and I have been looking for details about some of these techniques.

Very well done

yes, with such an eyegribing intro, this site will increase the LDing population :wink:

you could instead order the tutorials in amount of efforts needed.

In that case the Hand Technique and MILD would be the “easyest” while RC (because you have to remember to do rc during the day) and WBTB (because you have to wake up during the night) are one step above in efforts.

I will update the site tomorrow if not tonight. I’ve been busy lately with school and have homework to do. I will take off the Beginner through Advanced stuff since you guys arn’t liking that. And as for ordering them in efforts…no I’m not going to do that. WBTB is easy to me…and for others as I can see, its hard. So yeah…I’ll just have a solid list and might post on the average success the method has. Anyways, so look back on it tomorrow. C-Ya.

Good work so far.

I did not read the hole thing yet. Just took a quick glance at it but, good work so far. You might want to explain what people might experience with WILD. I know my first WILD scared the #$% out of me.

Also: I do not really view any tech as beginner, intermediate level, and advanced. I mean a complete beginner can succeed with WILD. But, lots of books and tutorials on LD 'ing do the same thing.

There are some techniques like PILD that I would not include but, that is just me. I understand your reasons for including it.

Good luck with it. When people ask for a list of free resources I’ll add yours to the list.

I will add about experiences with techs such as WILD in a while…and i updated the website with diff link colors and diff tutorials page.