i just shook hands with god...

Okay, I just woke up from a nap and thought I’d share my experience. I woke up and one of my arms was paralized. I think it was just from sleeping on top of it rather than partial sleep paralysis. (Does that exist?) But this wasn’t just your normal “arm went numb” type of thing, I really had absolutely NO feeling in it. If this has happened to you then you might have felt that odd feeling that beyond all reason this isn’t really your arm. Then I helped move my arm out from underneath me and a strange idea came over me. I joined hands with myself, and for the first time felt my own body in just one place, not two. (Normally I, and all of you, would have felt it in both hands, though probably wouldn’t have thought anything of it.) Let me tell you that alone was an awesome experience in itself, but then in addition a feeling came over me that I can only describe as spiritual bliss. Then the feeling came rushing up through my arm and I was normal again.

I know all this can be explained by science in one way or another, but don’t rip it down unless you’ve experienced this as well. All I can say is from what happened to me and it did NOT feel like sleep paralysis, which I’ve experienced before even if it was just once.

Good on you:)
Who cares if that can be explained by science or not.Its the feeling that it leaves counts.Whats better to judge?Your own ,private,deep feelings…things you know the best or some theories made by other people?
We too often look for explanations outside,while we have most answers ready.
take care

I’ve done that to my arm after sleeping on it. Unfortunately I missed out on the spiritual bliss part. :smile:

When you can’t feel your arm at all that would be numbness.

but I know what you’re talking about. I sometimes sleep with my left arm completely under the pillow (comfortable to me) and I woke up in the same position 8 hours later. I swear to god I had no arm. I actually, for about a minute, had NO idea where my arm was. It was kinda crazy, I had to move my pillow, then I stopped freaking out.

I dunno about that spiritual thing…

That happens to me too sometimes. I sleep in an odd position, strangling the nerves in the arm, and when I when I wake up, my hand is dead for minutes. After a while, I can wiggle the tip of a finger a little and the hand slowly starts coming back to life.

I know, it happened to me a couple times before this as well. Except the feeling came back a lot faster than it did that time. This time I had gone several minutes with no feeling at all, and it doesn’t explain the feeling that came with it. Kool hearing about your experiences as well, though.

So the next time my leg goes numb ill say that “GOD” was pulling it :razz:

Well, it’s happened to me once. Unfortuantly, I had only just woken up when my ‘dead’ hand touched another part of my body. I nearly sacred myself to death…

So basically, god is a numb hand. Well, either that, or you’re god. :tongue:

It’s happened to me about three times. The last time I seriously thought that my arm was permanently dead. No spiritual feelings, no siree.

that exact thing happened to me once. i awoke after obviously sleeping on my arm all nite and as i opened my eyes there was a hand covering my face from behind my head. i try to move my arm to no avail, with only controll for one arm i proceeded to run around the house yelling and screaming with an oddly positioned numb arm wrapped about my face.
lol
i wouldnt call it bliss tho :grrr: :cry: :bored:

Wow this topic is old…

Anyway, yeah I know it’s an easy thing to make fun of. Especially since it’s happened to lots of people who didn’t get that ‘feeling’ that I got. In fact it happened to me again since I made this topic but without that feeling, so I don’t know what to think of it any more.

I think that’s incredible insight to something that most people would pass off as something that happens all the time.

Whenever my arm goes numb, it’s such a trip to try and move it, yet it does not respond. I get the same feeling as you do, that you realize this material arm, this collection of bone + muscle is just that, a collection of bone + muscle. It’s not “me” in any way, shape or form.

When I touch it with my ‘active’ hand, it’s like touching a complete stranger’s hand. Very crazy feeling.