SMID Technique

Ok, so I have this new theory, Subconscious Modification In Dreams. When dreaming your access to the sub-c is much greater right? So what I’m thinking is that in your dreams you use this to your advantage, by autosuggestion and self-hypnosis and stuff. In your dream you would close your eyes constantly repeat I will LD every night, I will have perfect recall, etc. Some have suggested that you could meditate in a dream, if so then both could be used together possibly. This could, as you can imagine, probably be used for many other things as well. I have heard about some people wanting to do stuff like this in a dream, but I’ve never heard how, so I propose this idea simple yet (hopefully) effective. I have not been able to try it yet, but anyone whos knows more about this and can test this out please provide feedback.

wow no replies? provide some kind of feedback. any feedback :sad: ! i mean how does this sound to u guys??

There’s a great possibility this could actually work. If you can somehow attain lucidity, stabilize the environment, and see yourself travelling into your subconscious, you may indeed end up tweaking it to your liking. Once we hear some more feedback, we can start experimenting with it. Nice method. :content:

There’s a thread about brain programming in LDs, where pedro did a brainhack and planted a fake memory, if I remember correctly

i might actually try it if i can get another LD :smile: . hallstrom do u have the link to that post, if not i’ll just try to find it. thnx.

i keep meaning to do this but i’m so side tracked with flying and sex and other things that i always forget.

[1 week till I HACK MY BRAIN.)

interesting, pedro never posted a final reply or nethin…o well. i agree with technodreamer on that last one. i think it’s possible if u believe it is and u do it right. i think it’s probly easier said than done tho. there didn’t seem to be a whole lot of testing on that thread. let’s test on this one. ne1 who tries/has tried this, plz post feedback. if ur scared it could mess u up, u dont have to do nething to weird, just stuff like suggesting u have LD’s every night. also i don’t think this tech would work just like magic ,(hopefully me saying that doesn’t cause it not to if it could :tongue: ) it would probly just help a lot esp, when done correctly and repeatedly. so test & post guys. by the way thanx for the link.

well even if u guys dont’ want to test this i do, so whnvr i get the chance i’ll test, and post feedback.

This sounds like a great idea.
I suppose that most people put so much time and effort into just having a lucid dream, that when it happens they just want to explore and enjoy the experience. But using lucid dreaming as a tool to increase your ability to have lucid dreams is brilliant and I wonder why this hasn’t been considered before. I’m sure there’s loads of potential in this method. I’m still working on having regular lucid dreams, but as soon as I up my success rate a little I’ll be trying this.
If you have any success with this be sure to let us know.

thnx :grin: . i think it has been considered a bit, but not enuf in my opinion. and i will post results as soon as possible, but don’t be suprised if it’s a while b4 i have another LD, let alone one in which i remember to do this.

Yes, I’ve been planning to do that once I get a decent LD. It could work. Someone try this. Sorry I haven’t been having LDs lately. I believe Jeff and DM7 can do this already?

And you know, we were only joking about Pedro screwing himself up… Pedro??

can they? maybe we otta find out…about pedro, i noe, its just that he said he wanted to “replan his strategy” or sumthin and he never provided ne feedback

If I only could find a way to close my eyes in a dream without waking up when I open them again…

hmm, i thought jeff was gonna check this out sometime…haven’t been on this forum for like a month…

Hi
I want to try something similiar, using a LD to get more LDs. Yet I thought more about asking DCs for help. Just search for LILD (lucidity induced lucid dream, that’s what we called it).

tapir