The BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" Topic XII

hey everyone!

i’m glad to have found this forum. i have visited a couple other LD forums but this seems to have the largest & most active community. i hope to learn a lot and maybe share in some dream interpreting and find someone who might be interested in incubating a shared dream?

good to be here | e

Hi encephala! Welcome to LD4all :wink:

I think there are quite some people here who’re interested in shared dreaming! You can find topics about it in the Beyond Dreaming forum.

Hope you like it here!

Good luck with your LDs :happy:

The official “h33r ah am” topic.

It seems like all the nice people of the “Intranet” come here. Nice place!

BTW, started a log: https://community.ld4all.com/t/jetsuos-dream-log-and-first-created-topic/11721&highlight

(If this is considered spam, just purge it.)

Hi all,

I’m new to this site and until a few hours ago I had no idea what lucid dreaming was, apart from my personal experiences with them growing up.

Check out my topic in Intro for more details :smile:

Welcome Xenteko :smile:

I wish you soon your first ld!
hope you like dreams and dreaming anyway :wink:

jeff

Hello encephala, Jetsuo and Xenteko I hope you all enjoy being part of the ld4all community and enjoy all your dreaming experiences. :grin:

Jetsuo, you may like to put your link into your sig in a tidier way. :wiske:

[url=https://community.ld4all.com/t/jetsuos-dream-log-and-first-created-topic/11721&highlight]Jetsuo's Dream Log[/url]

and it will appear like this Jetsuo’s Dream Log

moogle

Hi all,

Have been following this forum for a few weeks and decided to sign up! As a child I made myself wake up from nightmares by “letting myself sink through the floor” ending up awake in bed. Some two months ago there was an article on LD in the science section of my newspaper, and I became interested, and started reading about it. Since then I’ve had 4 LDs (the first lasting only a few seconds before waking up from excitement). I have two small children so it’s sometimes a challenge to combine broken nights with working on LD. I’m curious if other forum members have experience with this, but will post it in another thread.

I’m looking forward to participating in this forum! Best regards, Dreaming Parent

Welcome to ld4all Dreaming Parent.

Well they will give you many opportunities to use the WBTB method of inducing LDs.
There are many topics about stabilising and lengthening LDs on the forum. So you should be experiencing longer LDs fairly soon. :wiske:

Oops I posted my “I’m New Here!” post in the wrong topic! Hi everyone I’m Sarah! I’ve had what I think was close to my first lucid dream but nothing serious yet or not compared to what I’ve read here… Two friends introduced me to lucid dreaming when I stayed in Britain for a few months. One knew everything he did from reading books but the other one used to use this website so I thought I’d check it out! I can’t wait to discover the joy of all this, reading everyones posts is amazing! I hope I can have similar experiences soon! Can anyone tell me a good book to read if you are a newbie? Thanks!

Sarah (Light-And-Dark)

mmm, I’m sure I’ve read this before…
* moogle does a RC * :wink:

Hope you enjoy being a part of the ld4all comunity light-and-dark
The best book is
Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen La Berge

Hmm I just searched and found it on a few sites. Should I buy it?

Yes :good:
Some people just download it as an e-book but I think it’s better to have a fully portable book that you can take anywhere. :read:

:happy: ok I’ll buy it! It’s at a good price anyway! Thanks :smile:

Hey, I’m new here too! How’s that for stating the obvious :tongue:
Actually I’m not very new to LD4all since I have also registered on the dutch forum some months ago, but I thought it was about time to take a look on the english forum as well.

Some time after registering to the dutch LD4all forum I had my first LD in which I attempted to fly right away. I flew straight up and got up to 5 meters or 17 feet before gravity got a hold of me again.
I haven’t had much success after this though :sad: I blame my lack of sleep.

I’m also a freshman studying physics, so in a couple of years I might clutter the forums with my theories :tongue:

I started a dream log on the dutch forum, should I translate it and put it here as well?

Hello :wave: Finwe
welcome to the english version of ld4all.
It’s upto you if you want to translate your dutch journal or not. If you haven’t found it already you will probably enjoy reading Q’s journal in the dream journal section.
I hope you get more lucid dreams now you have joined another ld4all forum :grin:

Hi Finwe! Welcome to LD4all! Great so does that mean I’m not a newbie now since I welcomed someone…? :tongue:

You should translate your dream journal, I’m having fun reading everyones. Some are amazing!

Alright, I’ll translate the first ones :content: Those are the most interesting ones btw. I have remembered those for years, I think they aren’t your everynight NDs.

Made you curious now, didn’t I? :tongue:

Hello all!
Well, I’m kinda new here, I registered before, but now I’ve started to write something :razz: I’m from Latvia, so if i mistype, please correct me :smile:
/me off to WILD

Sure did! :tongue:

Hi and welcome, Lirels! :cool:

And your english is good :cool: Good luck with your WILD!