It's October. New England is again engaged in Civil War.

The armies: New York Yankees/Boston Red Sox.

The historic battles: 4 in the Bronx; 3 at Fenway.

What started all this chaos: The Curse of the Bambino, 1918 A.D. George Herman “The Babe” Ruth traded from the Sox to the Yanks.

World Series Wins after said curse: Yanks - 26 (26 overall); Sox 0 - (5 overall)

Last years ALCS outcome (same teams): One bench-clearing brawl at the mound. BoSox pitcher Pedro Martinez’ fist meet Yank’s Bench Coach Don Zimmer’s face. Yanks win series in 7. Lost the World Series to Florida Marlins, 2 games to 4.

Friendship between the two teams: What friendship?

What Boston says: “The Evil Empire” (NY); “Reverse the Curse” (BoSox)

What New York says: “Greatest sports franchise of all time” (NY); “The Cursed” (BoSox)

4 games to move on. I fear being shot if I wear my Sox jersey/hat.

A coastline divided cannot stand…but makes for great baseball.

Are you a true baseball fan? Or are you just commenting on the activity of your city? I love talking baseball with people, but I wouldn’t think to find anyone to talk to that about here.

My team is the Braves. I have liked the Braves since 1993. Too bad they have only won the World Series once in the last 13 years in a row they have made it to the playoffs. It seems like they have a curse, because if they make it to the playoffs for two more years in a row and don’t win the World Series, that would be a straight decade of making it to the playoffs and not winning the World Series.