I have my RC, I have many, many dream themes - Next step?

Hello. Just like to say how cool this forum is =D Awesome place to read.

Anywho, I’ve had a few LD’s, but it’s been a long time. I’m thinking it’s because I haven’t really engrossed myself in reading about LDs recently (college…you know how it is). But, I’m really wanting to get started again.

I have two things that will undoubtedly help me here
1.) My RC (holding the nose and breathing) works every time, but that’s only when I realize that I should do a RC.
2.) My dream themes - My dream themes are so easy to pick out it’s funny. I’m not going to list them cause they get sort of personal, but trust me when I say that my dreams are pretty easy to categorize once I wake up. They all seem to relate to one of a few themes.

So, my question here is, how do I use this information? I can’t get to a point where I realize that I should do a RC. My RC works perfectly, but if I never do it in my dreams then I won’t ever become lucid.

What’s a good way to increase my chances of KNOWING I need to do an RC.

Thanks guys! :cool:

Those dream themes… Are they connected with waking life, have some analogies in it, or are only specific for dreams? And what are they like - easily definable situations and feelings or something abstract?

i’d say pick one of the most recurring dream themes and before going to sleep visualize your dreamtheme happening and you doing a RC. - Kinda like MILD but then with your dreamtheme.

if it is something that happens in daily life also, remind yourself to do a RC every time you encounter this situation.

Do WBTB - wake up after ~5 hours of sleep, and don’t stay too long. I used to stay for half minute, so I was falling asleep fast (in about 20 s) while doing MILD (with your dreamtheme of course) - if you stay awake too long, it can be hard to stay focused.

I’d say pick another RC or two, just as a back up.

For the dream themes, pick two ro so of the most re-occuring ones, and remember to take a RC whenever you see them (no matter how sure you are that it isn’t a dream).

And as Pav suggested, will help alot too.

Keep a DJ is you don’t already.

Funny, The 1st post is EXACTLY what im going through… Strange.

But i know how he feels. I have a RC the same as his exept since i cannot breathe through my nose i press my lips together to see if i cant breathe.

My question is how many RC’s do you guys do a day? mine count is a low 5 - 10 times a day. (when i see a red light driving a do an RC then).

That’s a VILD right?

Not exactly, VILD would be incubating your own scene without relying on your dreamtheme. In MILD you just want to remember to do a RC in certain conditions (dreamtheme), hoping these will occur in your dream.

Get into a habit of critically questioning your reality. Frequently throughout your day ask your self, “am I dreaming”? Be serious and honestly try to prove that you are not. This will hep you a great deal in recognizing your dream themes because you learn to develop a critically reflective attitude ( I believe that is what Labarge calls it). Even though my main induction technique is WILD I still do this and I can tell you it works for me. When I wake up in my MILD/DILD type lucid dreams it is not because of a dream sign or a reality check. I just know I am dreaming. I just feel it.

Anyway, it’s getting late and I have a busy day tomorrow so I am off to bed. I hope some of this helps you.

Good luck and Happy Dreaming.