My first good LD

I have been tryng for 1.5 months now, and I have gotten 6 DILDs, and last night (this morning, actually) I had my first one that lasted more than a few seconds. All of my previous LDs faded as soon as I became lucid, and sometimes I woke up.

Last night, I tried WILD, and failed miserably. I was woken up in the morning by my alarm at 7:00 for school. I was very tired, and I soon fell asleep again. I had a ND where I was diving into a lake. I went underwater, and tried to surface, but everything was dark and I couldn’t find the surface. I was a bit worried, and started looking under me for the surface. I saw my bed under me and realized I had woken up again. This time I started to fall asleep again almost instantly, only I remained concious. Even with my eyes open, everythig was black. I felt like I was floating, and could hear a strange sound. I saw a swirl of darkness in front of me, which turned into a dream. Again, I was in my bed, only this time I felt different. I did an RC to make sure I was dreaming, but what really convinced me was when my cat jumped up on my bed and started talking to me. I got out of my bed, and walked around my room a bit, but didn’t do anything too cool. It wasn’t a very vivid dream, and i was at a low level of lucidity. I didn’t remember to do any lucidity increasing tricks, as the dream only lasted a few minutes because my Mom woke me up again because I was going to be late for school. I was mad at getting woken up, but very excited that I managed to keep a LD for more than a few seconds.

Well done :grin:.

Length, lucidith and vividness will increase as you get more experinced :smile:. Waking up pretty much strait away (as you use too) is perfectly normal for new commers to LD’ing.

Congradulations bro. a month and half is a long time to go without any sign of improvement! GJ for keeping at it and going forward.

Yeah I tend to fail in WILD aswell. But resently (After I switched away from counting method) I seem to be having alot more DILD. I am like “What the… that isnt real… I must be dreaming” my first LD lasted like 2 minutes and was low level. Resently they have been around 4 minutes and a much higher level. I had one uber long one but I was drifting in and out of ND and LD.

So within a month I have tacked on 2 minutes to my DreamTime, and increased lucidity on my scale. :shy:

Enough about me though. Everyone progresses at diffrent speeds and glück to you! and congradulations on your first LD that you actually got todo somthing :wink: