40-year long dream

When I was about 11, I had a non-lucid dream that lasted 40 years.

In it, I was on the edge of a cliff. My mther & brother were with me. I lost my footing and fell off the cliff, and hit the side of the cliff instead of the sea. I died immediately.

I stand at a gate. [Because it was more than a while ago now, I cannot recall it all, and besides, I doubt you would be happy if I wrote 40 years of small details. ] It is heaven, and I am dead. I think I am dead for real, yet I have no fear.

Upon entering heaven, I am given a guided tour by one of the staff. It is a small land of rolling grassy plains and small hills. It is like a cross between the default Windows XP desktop and Teletubbie-land, if you know what I mean. All the people are children, and it seems the leading pastime in heaven is rolling down these hills. I try it and it is fun.

Down in the south of the land is a small town very much like medieval England. In the middle of the town is a modest church - The Church of St. John. Over the next few months, I establish a great friendship with St. John (he is a child also). I help out at the Church, sometimes giving services and handing out the bread and wine, so on. Every day, all the people of heaven, save Jesus or God (both of whom I never saw), come to the church. There are only about 35 of us altogether, and hence I know everyone by name (I can only recall St. John’s name now). As far as I can recall, the sun never set, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, one day at the gate, which had two one-story buildings surrounding it, my brother entered. I greeted him, and said, ‘I have waited 40 years for you.’

I wake up, feeling quite dissapointed that I wasn’t really in heaven. Only a few hours later dd the huge scale of my experience hit me.

Interesting dream IDX lol sure is exceptional and not an average dream.
Can imagine you keep remembering that one.
Do you go to church in rl? And did you ever had lds about heaven?

jeff

No and no.

I never had such clear answers from anybody here :wink:

Did you believe in a heaven or something like that when you where 11?

Jeff

Yeah, I am a Christian. My Christian beliefs have grown since that. I still believe in the afterlife, if it did no other thing that dream cemented my belief of one.

wow! this dream could have huge meaning for your life since you were so young when you had it…
only you know even if you may not realise it.
search inside!:wink:

I can imagine that such a special dream had its influence at your believe IDX.

Happy dreams and catch some lucid ones :smile:

Cool. One time I read about this dude who speant over 100 years in a dream. I don’t know if it’s true or not. I’m a Christian too! There’s something in common :smile:

time is so relative in a dream , even more than in RL …lol…
ehm i had once a dream that lasted a full iceage long…
funny that i died in it

I beleive that it has been proved that dream time is the same as real time, in an experiment involving timing the movements of a lucid dreamers eyes. Of course that doesn’t mean that the perception of time in a dream has to be the same as in waking life, it sometimes seems in my own dreams that they last for longer than a REM cycle should. Some of the impression of time probably comes from jumps in the dream, but don’t get me wrong, I don’t doubt that your dream lasted as long as you say it did. I was just voicing my thoughts :smile:

OMFG! Imagine if you went lucid! Or better yet, if it was a WILD!
40 f@#^%*&g years + supreme and ultimate power =

:doublegrin:  :cool_laugh: :rofl:  :cool_laugh:  :doublegrin:

I deeply and sincerely apologise for the lack of ontopicness, and large amout of smiles, and overexitedness of the above post.