Finnish LD-site opened

Moi, pistän tässä ilmoa että osoitteesta www.hoyhensaaret.tk löytyy suomenkielinen ld-saitti josta löytyy myös keskustelufoorumi.
Käykää ihmeessä ihmettemässä. :smile:

I you wonder what is that strange looking pile of letters above… It’s just little lucid dreaming-site advertisement for Finnish speaking people.

Jesh, vihdoinkin lisää suomalaisia ld-sivuja.:smile:

Käydään katsomassa :smile:

:shy:

Funny language :wink:

Yeah, it is :cheesy:

But swedish just plain sucks :grin:

:grin: all fins raise your hands :cool:

how do you say lucid dreaming in finnish?

i like the finnish language, it reads like something totally understandable but i don’t understand a bit of it :smile: :smile: especially those words with 34 letters, amazing :oof:

Finnish? Probably more difficult to learn than Chinese :biggrin:

BTW It was LucidityX1000 who did some research and revealed in this thread that there are a HUGE amount of Finnish dreamers here… Coincidence? If not, is there a Finnish dreamer who knows why? Something genetic :eh: ?

Maybe it’s the free-spirited society. I’m from Russia myself, but have lived here for 10 years… so I don’t know if it’s genes but rather society.

Lucid dream: Havainnollinen uni / kirkas uni / selväjärkinen uni

The first is the best example, but there is no 100% translation of the word ‘lucid’. Havainnollinen uni means “An observant dream”

:confused: I’m curious to see a finnish keyboard. All of those funny letters. Heh, I imagine a bunch of ä, ë, ï, ö, ü and no space bar. :grin:

Hmm? actually I just noticed it is really only the “ä” What’s the difference between “a” and “ä?”

I’ve never liked the english definition of “lucid dream” anyways. Lucid- means clear or vivid. I like the term “conscious dreaming” best. What would be the translation of “conscious dreaming?”

PS-seriously. I opened a character map to type those funny letters. Is that how it’s done? Or do you know a key combination or something? Or is your keyboard really funny looking? :eh:

pitää kävästä noilla suomalaisilla, mahtavaa… and dream addict, when you say ä, yuor tongue is like far out from your mouth… difficult to explain… :wink:

:rofl: If only I could see you demonstrate that for me. It sounds like it’s worth a plane ticket. lol:

Thanks for answering that claudia. So there is a difference between the a and ä. I’m still curious how you type it. Are there any other funny looking letters besides the ä?

I would appreciate the “palaute” :wink:

We had a Finnish exchange student in high school. He was a real cool and nice guy, even had him over at my Grandma’s a few times. :smile: Too bad I didn’t get some language lessons from him at the time. I would of had him say a few ä words. :grin:

Well is the Finnish ä sound like the ä/æ sound we use in Scandinavia and in the German language? I am speaking Norwegian all day (which uses this sound), but I just can’t find myself reaching out my tounge :smile:

DreamAddict: On this Norwegian/Danish keyboard, and any others I have used, I have seen an accent key, which lets me type characters like ä ë ï ö ü ÿ ã ñ â ê û etc with a couple of clicks. I was about to advice you to use this key, but then I searched for a couple of pictures of standard English keyboards, just to find out that you Americans don’t have this key :eh: Anyway, I found this netsite forlang.wsu.edu/keyboards.htm

Hope it helps :smile: At least a tiny little bit…

BTW I found this image of a Finnish keyboard jimmy.com/Software/KeyMapPro … inish.html

It includes the Swedish accent keys (there are only three of them) + the accent key I mentioned.

Hope I’m not too technical here, just hoped to help :smile:

LMAO I can’t believe they have websites of keyboard layouts… haha :smile:

_o/
Did you know there is real and dedicated word in Finnish vocabulary for lucid dream, it is “selkouni”. Or at least that’s what I think. :smile:
selkounet=lucid dreams
selkounessa=in lucid dream
selkounissa=in lucid dreams
selkounesta=from lucid dream
selkounista=from lucid dreams
selkouneen=to lucid dream
etc. there are countless different forms because we don’t have prepositions in our language. That’s one thing what makes this jiggerish so difficult to learn.

It’s two words, “uni” means dream and “selko” is something what we all understand or comprehend.
There are also other words which are quite commonly used, like “selväuni” or “valveuni”.

You can use accented characters like that by holding down ALT and entering a number between 0 and 255. This is really just a method of using ASCII symbols, but most of them are in there somewhere.

ñ = 164
æ = 145
ó = 162
ú = 163

And so on. It’s not exactly convenient (like those odd-looking Finnish keyboards :grin:) but it works.

I’ve noticed there are also a lot of Finnish people in the chatroom, as well as it’s neighboring countries. I have to admit I am REALLY bad with geography, and I seem to have this idea that there exists a clump of countries in Europe all within driving distance, which consists of Finnland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Germany and Poland.

Please be gentle…

Sitä tuntee vähän niinku ylpeyttä kun ulkomaalaiset osoittaa kiinnostusta meidän pientä kansaa kohtaan

heh, niinpä. :smile: Tämmönen pikku maahan tää on…

Terve, pohjoispuoliset vellet! :cool:

My Finnish sucks (forgot much), so greetings to you from Virosta. Seems that you were quicker than we, because we don’t have any normal site about LD-ing, yet :eh:

DreamAddict

Ä = it’s an E but… hmm… like in the word “mad”
Å = an O, like in Hole, the ordinary O is pronounced like “ooh!”
and finally Ö = pronounced like the E in jerk

it’s like this in sweden anyway, i don’t know how the fins pronounce it, probably the same

so basically they aid the spelling, they are not crucial letters

hope this helps, or is even necessary :razz: