Please Help

I have a sister who is a year younger than me. I have tried explaining to her what lucid dreaming is and why it is so great. Unfortunatly because I have only had one semilucid dream I cannot explain it to her very well. She sees it as impossible. Can anyone help me explain and prove that lucid dreaming exists? Thanks.

How old is she? If she is old enough to understand, you could show her the stuff on this site.

She’s 14. Just a year younger than me. She’s a lot brighter than she pretends to be, though she’s stubborn and won’t accept the fact that its possible to be concious during a dream. She’s curious about the site but still skeptical. I must have showed her dozens of research sites on lucid dreaming. She just thinks they have been wasting their time all those years. Any ideas on how to change her mind?

Tie her,gag her,put headphones on her ears with tape playing"you`re dreaming" and leave her for 48hrs:) :grin:

Seriously-you cant do much about it.If you try to convince her it might have opposite effect(women!:).Id suggest just planting the idea in her head and wait.If she becomes interested she`ll do her research on her own.If not-well…everyone has its own ways:)
good luck:)

Sorry if this comes off as being unfriendly, but honestly, who cares if your sister believes you or not? There probably isn’t any real need for her to decide lucid dreaming is possible. I know how you’re feeling though, because it is very frustrating when others ignore the obvious facts (or at least very strong evidence) and continue to be ignorant. But still, my advice is, don’t bother trying to convince her, you will only give the both of you a headache. If you’re looking for someone to “try lucid dreaming” with, talk to friends about it, or just talk with people on the forum. Everyone here’s friendly enough… or so it seems… :wink:

You could try luring her to it wit sumin she likes. Like say she likes poetry or sumin. Tell her a lil white lie and be lik “yo i had this LD the other night and i felt creative so i asked to see sum subconscience mind constructs of poety and i read all these really great moving poems.” Or sumin lik that get her interested by using sumin shes alread interested in.

She could be just trying to annoy you too. Little sisters like to do those kind of things.

Tie her,gag her,put headphones on her ears with tape playing"you`re dreaming" and leave her for 48hrs:)

u r evil u know that dont u

Well, I had sent her this site under her request. (probably because we both got tired of debating) Last night I caught her surfin the site. So at least I’m kinda getting through to her. :grin: I asked her if she would try it, and she that she might but thinks that she’ll never be able to do it.