My LD Drought is FINALLY over...!

Great news, everyone:

After suffering a long drought for me (almost 2 months, GOOD LORD :grin: ) of little to no LD’s, my semi-dedication (RC’s during the day thanks to that wonderful screensaver “Are You Dreaming…?”) to LDing finally paid off. Last night, in the middle of one of my MANY dreams, I came across some funny circumstances.

A friend of mine, as I recall (rather hazily) had a “Time Machine” of sorts, a little book (or SOMETHING) that you could type numbers into and then it would put you in that time. Rather amusingly, I typed in “1975” thinking that I would go see my favorite band, Parliament-Funkadelic, at Howard University in my hometown of Washington, DC (where they held a very famous concert).

I remember focusing in on this “book” while my friend laughed at me, and suddenly I was in a new locale (Based on peripheral vision, I think it was a city block). I was looking at the book, when I thought “wait, am I dreaming?” for no apparent reason. I looked at the text in the “book” (…or was it a computer? anyway, it was something I don’t remember), and then it changed to a rather poorly-written congratulation for my attaining lucidity.

I looked up and I saw a girl. She looked like she was out of a cartoon, but as I recall I interpreted this lack of realism as a stable dream. I remember trying to focus on my hands, but I think they looked VERY funny (like there were flowers growing out of them? lol), and that failed yet again. I have to remember to make my intention NOT staring at my hands, that just fails every time.

Anyway, I remember telling that girl that I was going to go “look for some hotties” (or something crude to that effect, it’s my dream dammit!) and she responded by smiling coyly and saying “OK.” At this point, I seriously remember the location as suddenly transforming into my aunt’s house. Yeah, my dreams always seem to shift location suddenly when I’m lucid.

To finish the long summary, I told myself that when I rounded the corner into my aunt’s living room, there would be a “hottie” there. AMAZING how one-track my dream mind is… :cool: But this plan backfired and on the couch in my aunt’s room was my mom, who looked like she was sleeping. :eek:

At that point, the dream literally faded, and I felt the all-too-familiar cruelness of my bed. This time I remembered to RC my clock for an FA; it was NOT an FA. I’ll get that longer-than-one-minute LD, someday…anyone here ever experience them within 5 months of starting to LD?

congrats on getting out of the drought :grin:. i bet you were pretty annoyed that you asked for a hottie and your dream gave you your mom :eek:, hehe. sux when your mind gets on the track of girls, yet you never can seem to find one suitable. but yea, i have experienced a lucid that was longer than a minute within weeks of LDing. sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don’t i guess… :confused:

congrats again, good luck in the future!

Good work, Magus. I’m in something of a drought myself, but I’m working on ending it.

I don’t think I’ve EVER had an LD turn back into a normal dream. Each time I sense the lucidity fading, I generally struggle with it until I actually wake myself up. It’s not always my fault either - I’ve been woken up by phones, fans, music, loud family members, collapsing beds, pets, mis-timed alarms, birds, arctic winds and everything else you can imagine. Funny how none of that actually happens until I become lucid - I wonder what God could possibly have against me? :wink:

As a side-note, you’re certainly not the only person with a One-track mind in your LDs :smile:

Good work, Mangus! I just got out of my lucid drought too. It was kind of hard for me not to. My friend came up to me and said, “Hey, you know it would be kind of funny if you looked at your hands and they were all shaky.” And then she walked away. So sure enough I did an RC and … yay! I’m so happy.