New LDer with Questions

Hi everybody. I’ve been playing with lucid dreams for the past month or so, and I have some questions that I’m hoping somebody more experienced with LDs can help me with.

1. Often, in my LDs, I float really fast through vast amounts of space. I try Carlos Castenada’s advice to look at my hands and then concentrate in the same way on things in the dream scene, but I just scoot through. Any advice on how to slow things down a little?

2. When I LD, at times I feel more awake than asleep (can hear exterior noises, notice when my body fidgets and can even control that). Is this normal?

3. In Waking Life, I liked the scene alongside the train, when the backpacker jumps out and starts walking with the main character. My favorite part is when he asks the character, “Are you a dreamer?” What a great introduction! I want a bumper sticker that says “dreamer” Anyone know where I can find one?

Offhand, these are the only questions I can think of, but I know I have more, and I’ll send them in when I remember them.

Ok,i dont know about 1 and 3rd:(
As to your 2nd question.You should look around for a book by Kenneth Kelzer “Shadow and the sun-my experiment with lucid dreaming”.As read there your subcounciousness can be awre on unlimited levels at the same time.That means you can be aware of your real surroundings,your ld actions and more…which is propably being in more than one place in your dream at the same moment.It is a talent ,not a con.Dont know how normal it is but surely it is something more than oridinary…goodwise.Id just practice on it a bit-try a little of spirituall stuff i.e…once in an ld see if you can pray or meditate or any way you know to go to “higher levels” if you know what i mean.
Anyways-the book is really great one and im sure could solve more than just this question.
good luck

for your third question, i don’t know where you would find a bumper sticker… but you could always get that on your liscence plate! that would be awesome :cool:

omg great idea CChalk! Heehee if i had a car I would run out and get it! You know what would be cool (probibly illegal, but cool) if you printed out hundreds of ‘dreamer’ bumper stickers and stuck them on random peoples cars :cheesy: All the practical people who say “i never dream” would be outraged, but it would be the truth!