astral projection

my first attempt at astral projection was almost my first attempt at mediataion, and proved very interesting.
i was relaxing to my radiohead song laying down in bed in a comfortable position and soon i was in full relaxtion with a clear mind. i then (i cant really explain this) searched for my astral body and pictured myself feeling it. after a few minutes i felt a powerful, energetic feeling in my thighs and it started spreading, i got excited and couldn’t handle it. a few minutes i did the same and had the feeling more powerful. i kept looking at my third eye and it got more powerful. i then stopped breathing.
that night lying in bed i tried one more time and felt my full astral body, but it felt very uncomfortable but incredible at the same time. i either wanted to go back to normal or take the next step, but then i stopped.

i am very new to all of this, how do you think i did for my very first time? and is it even possible to experience something within a few minutes?
i’d like to hear your opinions

:smile: was it trance you felt or your astral body?
Can u feel the difference?

Jeff

i am pretty sure it was my astral body because i searched for it and it came when i did, plus it felt like it wanted to just leave my heavy body.
but it couldve been trance.

what the hell is trance

Jeff, what exactly do you mean by “do you feel the difference between trance and your astral body” ?
What is it in trance mode that could be confused with your astral body? (i really don’t know, i m a beginner (since ages) )
when i m in ‘numbing mode’ (between wake and sleep) i sometimes feel as if I m floating. Can this be NOT my astral body? please explain i m very interested in this!
thx
sotiris

Ï have read some aboute astral projection and i have seen you guys talk aboute it a lot…but…i have’nt found any page or any topic that actually explains how to do astral projection. So…how do you do it? :blush:

Osfranky i will answer at sunday, i am not at home right now and here they have a very very slow net connection lol and it takes some writing to explain what u ask.
I have written it down at my notebloc so i wont forget sunday to answer u :wink:

Jeff

google search, “astral projection” second entry : crystalinks.com/astral.html

hope it helps :cool_laugh:

Thanks alot jeff…i will wait untill sunday then.

ok jeff you have 10 minutes to answer HAHAHA its 10 min to 12 now on sunday evening… :wink:

yeah Xetrov lol i was a bit later then planned back at my home from vacation!
I posted enough for tonight…will sleep now!
Havent forgotten any of you guys…dont worry tomorrow this will be the first topic where i will post my promissed explanation :smile:

Greetings,
Jeff

Hi OsFranky and Eon…a bit later then planned.

Ok i explain so you understand.
This is all from hypnosis induction books.
At your cortex, the highest part of our brain, are all organs like hands, feet, legs, mouth, tongue etc are represented. That means that when u stick a needle in your hand…a signal goes to that part of your cortex. And we say ouch a needle in my hand.
Well what happens in trance…is that at the level between sleeping and waking…when your body feels numb (thats the start) this connection like for instance your hand and the cortex is blocked. So your brain doesnt feel the hand anymore and then you get a floating sensation. when you really go in trance all those connections are blocked between you and the outside world. And you dont feel your body anymore, instead you have a floating sensation (often, depends also how you control your trance). But that is nothing more then that in your consciousness the outerbody is not anymore connected with your brain/consciousness but that is not your astral body. Its more of a new experience and sensation then a real thing.
an illusion you could call it to…because nothing floats it only feels that way.
Dont forget its not often your outer body loses its connection with the brain while you are conscious. So most ppl dont have a clue what is happening to them. Its like the opposite also exist…the experience 4 instance that your hand or arm or body feels like lead so heavy in trance…that does not mean you really have gained weight!

Levels of trance;

1…wake consciousness beta waves dominant
2. alpha waves this is the level where you experience your body floating.
but its only a brain trick yet! Also the place of the first void.
Looks black 4 beginner, but when u are routined its dark grey…or grey.
3 theta waves…rem sleep…hypnosis…medium trance
4. delta sleep…deep trance …pure zen…second pure black void
5,6 and 7 is the realm of the real subconsciousness where yogi,s s tell about. They say we are a bit a sleep when we are awake and a bit awake when we sleep :smile: Paradox of awareness and consciousness.

Greetz,
Jeff

delta sleep…deep trance …pure zen…second pure black void

Yep… PURE VOID! It can be calming as well. :wink: Just wanted to comment about that. :grin:

By the way, I agree with Jeff… you lose your feelings when your cortex and your body sensations are disconnected; therefore, you feel like you’re floating, but it’s not really your astral body yet (you can tell if you’re in your astral body or not easily). It can be a strange sensation, but when you’re used to practicing being in different trances, you will learn that there are even more deeper trances yet to explore. They can be more powerful and ‘void’ after the trance of REM like Jeff mentioned.

We all still have a lot to explore. :grin: Good luck with your experience! Sweet dreams!

that’s very interesting , Jeff!
So the numbness has little to do with the trance state, it’s only a sign of it beginning…
what is one supposed to do when the floating starts? continue to let go and wait for the better to come? everytime i have felt floating, it lasts for about 30 seconds, and then nothing. everything’s back to normal. mind you, I am NOT getting excited, i just go with the flow. however nothing new happens…
oSFranky

osfranky, the key is to be very patient. It might come and go often before you can enter into a deeper trance --REM trance for example-- and it can sometimes be difficult to maintain this trance for very long.

Just be patient and keep very still until it stablizes itself enough for you to fall into a deeper trance.

Yes Osfranky the numbness is the introduction of a trance level.

What many ppl dont know is the fact that when your consciousness enters a trance state…the deepening of that trance state/or wild state…isnt like a straight line going down…its like a line going down and then you hit a platform where you stay some time…and then you go down again…ppl with much talent only have a smaller horizontal platform before the trance goes deeper. Meaning, those ppl will have to wait less then ppl with not much talent. I think the brain has those platforms because of the translation it has to make in the change of neurotransmitters for the new trance /wild stage…(consciousness stage). This is only for trance/wild that uses the whole body 4 a trance (when you use breathing tech)…If i do a meditation with closed eyes i can go straight in to a dream sometimes and then i dont notice this…but probabbly it still works that way, but i dont notice it then lol.

So patience is a virtue here.
You can do many things when you float…you can spin…and try entering a dream…you can try self hypnosis suggestions…you can try to be more empty in your head and enter a dream that way…
Try to intensify the trance by using less and less your head…but do focus at something at the same time…
What most beginners here miss is meditation experience …and meditation breathing experience and lots of patience lol.
ppl do use their head to much and to less their breathing or just letting go of themselves. Sort of demanding fast food wild/meditation/trance lol while there is no such thing, only the 4 course meal.

Jeff