Alittle help please...

So like… I’ve never heard anything about lucid dreaming, yet I’ve experience alot of what you guys talk about, so I’ve gotten very interested. Anyway, I got a question, usually, I dream, and play the dream out as if I had no control, basically just like watching TV. Yet I’ve noticed sometimes I’d imagine things happening and suddenly they would, which is usually a good indication to me that I’m dreaming… And when I do realize I’m dreaming, I think I try too hard, and everything goes black and I wake up. It really sucks, because every time I gain control I think I get too excited and wake up. Any ideas on how to calm myself, and go with the dream, instead of realizing that I’m dreaming and ruining it by waking myself? Also, I have those paralyzed dreams alot, I can see through my eyes, as if I’m awake where I feel asleep at, but I can’t move. I’ve had them so many times that I realize I’m dreaming, but its like no matter how much I realize its a dream, I still can’t move, any help with that subject would be awesome too.

-Consequences

what you need to do is search around this forum for different tricks to stay lucid. Test them out and try and find one that works for you. always remember the 2P’s. Patience and Practice. It will only get better from here. You have alot of people herre that is more than happy to help you in your quest for Lucidity. So good luck.

Generally spinning as soon as you feel the dream “fading” is the best idea. Just spin round in circles on the spot. But that doesn’t work as well for everyone, so look around like Dreamwalker said and see what’s best for you…

Id say do the spinning meathod and really throw your arms to the sides and feel the movement as you do it, this is almost a gaureenteed way to stay in the dream, the only problem is it might make everything go black for a while like you said but when that happens just keep spinning and saying outloud in your dream next thing i see will be my house, or some other destination, 9 out of 10 times you will arrive somewhere. And if you realize your dreaming and your in your bed and cant move, hmm, id say your screwed, i try waking up and not moving and then trying to fall back asleep right away using WILD, peace and goodluck :cool:

Thanks alot, I’ll try what you guys say.

Just fall through the floor…that does work for me…and you get a nice stomac tickle also…