asking for help while lucid

hi everyone. i just happened to stumble across this fascinating little subculture today and i wanted to share an experience i had a couple days ago. first off, alittle backround on me…

im 23. ive always had really vivid dreams and am lucky enough to remember most of them. i started flying in my dreams when i was around 4 or 5. i started out having to doggy paddle through the air but over the years ive taught myself how to do the superman thing. when i take off now, i feel energy coming out of my hands. it seems that the energy coming from my hands repels the ground im standing on and so i start flying. this is a new twist thats happened in the last year or so. i used to get sleep paralysis alot when i was younger and it used to scare the hell out of me. i was convinced i was being abducted by aliens. i still get it from time to time, but ive learned to recognize it for what it is and not freak out.

almost everytime i fly in my dreams, i realize im dreaming so i just cut loose and have fun. i never knew that that was lucid dreaming until yesterday when i was reading up on it. ive never had total control of my dream world before like ive read about on some of these sites, but now that i know more about it, im looking forward to learning how.

this is the second dream i can remember from that night. in the first, i dream i go to sleep and wake up with sleep paralysis. the next thing i remember, im sitting in my room thats not my room, on a bed i dont own. i feel the energy in and around my hands i sometimes do so i ask myself if im dreaming. i test it out by using the energy to attract a few items around my room to my hand. after i bring my shorts that were lying in the corner to my hand, i know im dreaming. then i remember reading somewhere about asking for help while on another plane while tripping on shrooms and i decide to try it while im dreaming.

i ask, and my physical body and my room instantaneously fade away to nothing. im me, just pure energy and i feel a presence embrace me. she tells me her name and i remark about what a beautiful name she has. a wave of pure love and joy from her completely envolopes me in a warm caress. its a wonderful feeling and i think to myself that it feels just like the night i first found myself. she tells me where shes lives/has lived and i repeat it so i dont forget. at some point during the encounter, with a detached sort of feeling, i realize that im sleeping with my hand down my boxers. i feel alittle ashamed about presenting myself to her this way but the feeling quickly passes. sadly, i cant remember anything else about my encounter after repeating where she lives, but im sure that more took place.

it was pretty amazing. because of the experience i decided to look up lucid dreaming to see what i could learn. i sure am glad i did. ive always had the ability to realize i was dreaming but i never understood what a great thing it is until now. ive just started to keep a dream journal with that dream as my opening chapter. i know a few of my dream signs already. all i have to do is teach myself to look for them. every journey starts with one step, and ive just made mine.

thanks for listening,

sam

awesome dreams samson. It is inspiring to hear of other peoples experiences with lucid dreams. Good tips on flying too. I am fairly erratic when it comes to that, sometimes good sometimes not.

Cool story. I’m glad you found this place. I know I’m happy I did. It’s cool to hear that you have been lucid dreaming since you were 4 or 5 too. So what do you think you will learn to do next.