sage's christos technique

This is a new method for inducing an LD-like state. The difference from a normal LD is that you are fully conscious of both the dream state and the real state. You can sense what’s going on in the room around you, while simultaneously having all 5 senses in your dream.

If you haven’t had any luck with LDing yet (or if you’re a pro), you will want to try this new induction method. I have had great success using it on people who’ve never had LDs (3 for 3, :wink: ). The christos technique requires 1-2 friends. Also, the christos technique is not exactly an LD. Some people claim that it is a method to invoke an OBE or past-life experience - the best description might simply be to call it an altered state of consciousness (ASC). However, once in this ASC, it is possible to “let go” of your awareness of the real world and fully enter into either an LD or OBE (depending on what you want to call it) state.

I stumbled across this technique (starts below) while in Australia, in a book called “A Door to Infinity” by GM Glaskin. The book refers to it as the Christos Experience (Technique, Method). The author of this book found it in a magazine, which found it somewhere else.

sage’s christos technique

Your subject should be lying on the ground with a small cushion under the head to keep the neck straight. Shoes should be removed and ask the subject to close their eyes.

A helper should gently massage the subjects’ ankles with a light circular motion. After a minute (with the ankle massage continuing), rest the edge of your curved hand (the second friend) on the subjects’ forehead so that it rests just above the eyes (third-eye position). Begin a vigorous-but-gentle circular rubbing motion with your hand until the subject reports that their head is buzzing, this may take a number of minutes. After the head is buzzing, stop all massages, and this concludes the physical part of the technique.

Instruct your subject to visualize their feet as accurately as possible. Your subject is not in a trance, can communicate with you the whole time, and can terminate the experience by opening their eyes.

Ask your subject to visualize and feel themselves stretching a couple of inches through the soles of their feet. When the subject says s/he has accomplished this, ask your subject to return to their normal length. Repeat this procedure at least 3 times or until your subject can visualize and feel the experience fairly quickly and in detail. Now, repeat this process again, but this time the subject is to stretch through the top of the head a couple of inches, instead of the feet.

Next, do the same foot-then-head process, asking the subject to grow about 12 inches each way. When they have done this, have them do it all again, growing 2 ft. each way.

Next, ask the subject to stretch 2 ft in both directions simultaneously. (Some people find that their extended feet begin to withdraw when they attempt to stretch out of their head). Do not have the subject return to normal size.

Ask your subject to expand all over, like a balloon, swelling beyond the limits of his body.

Your subject is now effectively out of body. Have them visualize themselves standing at their front door looking at it. Ask them details about the door, its textures, its color. Ask him as many questions as possible to make sure he isn’t answering from memory, but just telling you what he sees. Extend the vision capabilities by having the subject describe the front of the building (house, apt, etc). Next, have them describe what they can see from the roof. Have them turn around and give a description of everything in all 360*.

When the subject is entirely comfortable, have them float above their house at a height of 500 then 1000 feet (the actual height isn’t important so don’t be pedantic about it) and ask them to turn around in the air and again describe what they see. Ask them what time of day it is and what’s happening on the ground. If the subject says it is day ask then to change it to night and vice versa, then change it back and forth a few times. It doesn’t matter if the scenes differ with day and night.

Ask who is changing the scenes, they should answer that it is themselves. Remind the subject that s/he is not and never will be, in a trance during the experiment and that s/he is free to open their eyes and terminate the session at any time.

Ask the subject to change the scene to bright daytime and shoot up until they lose sight of the ground below - have them pass through the clouds until no details can be seen. Now ask them to come back to ground. If all has gone well he will land in an environment of a past life (LD, whatever). It will not be immediately apparent as the subject is looking downwards at his feet.

From here on the questions are the same as for a hypnotically regressed person.

To terminate the session simply ask the subject to open their eyes.

A couple more things: if you only have one friend to do it with, simply have them stop massaging the ankles after a minute or two and do the forehead. The ankle massaging is mostly to relax you. However, it’s best if it could continue while someone else massages the third-eye.

Once the subject has landed from the clouds, it is best to have them look at their feet. Have them describe what they see (shoes, barefoot, socks?). It won’t necessarily be the same as IRL. Have them next describe what they’re wearing on legs, then shirt, and jewelery or tatoos, etc. It’s possible that they may even be the opposite sex, an animal or bird, so have them describe themselves first, then their immediate surroundings.

Ask them if they know where they are, what their name is, what year it is, etc. According to the book, the people often landed in past lives and were able to give details about their lives (what they did, who they were).

At this point, the subject can go off and explore. You can continue to ask them questions, leave them alone, or have them simply tell you what they are experiencing. Be sure to ask about smells, sounds, feelings, weather, etc. Let me know how it turns out!! :happy:

i’m highly skeptical about this, it takes a certain kind of person to do all that kind of synesthetic visualization properly… either someone highly receptive to suggestion, someone good at meditating already, or someone who is a highly gifted visualizer.

placebo is probably 90% of the result, and, given that, you could probably find random people and get a decent success rate if you act like you know what you are doing, and it sounds like a nice technique, but i just find it somewhat skeptical that the inexperienced can coach someone into this…

it sounds like something best left to someone experienced in hypnosis… to me.

i’d also like to comment that I think I have been in these kinds of states before, maybe 3-4 times total, not asleep or awake or entranced … sometimes with harsh clashes with the real body, as if not paralysed completely… and one time this state gave me an NDE, and both times it gave me some very odd experiences, so I think this state, whatever it’s called and however you get to it, would indeed be a good state for past lives and NDEs.

Holy Reality can you describe the NDE you had with this method?