My First Night Trying to LD ( need advice)

oh i am sooo mad about last night. last night i did MILD. i fell asleep and i dont think i had any dreams. then i woke up at 3 and did mild again. i feel asleep and had a dream about my dad and me and my family at a amusement park and there was a ride that was very dangerous. REWIND>>>during the day in real life i was doing that tequnique that you look at your hands alot and say " am i dreaming" and retrace your steps to how you got their…so i did that in my dream…but i was dumb in my dream and i said" oh ya i came out of the resturant with my dad and we went to the amusemnt park" FAST FORWARD,well i was on the ride then i had a FA. i woke up in my room with my X boyfriend. I guess i was late for school. I told him how i tried to do a lucid dream. I told him that i was sooo mad that i didnt have one…then i looked at my clock in my dream and saw i was late for school…then i looked at it agian and it was a different time…why didnt i snap then??

anyway then i woke up from my reality alarm grrrrrr

the wierd thing is that at the end of both my dreams i started to realize i was dreaming…then i woke up! y does it do that!

You say you don’t think you had any dreams the first time. You did, you just don’t remember them. Also, when using the retracing technique thinking what you did earlier, try to go a little further back in time, although I would not recommend using this technique as no.1. Try penetrating matter or looking for something really weird that can only exist within a dream. And look at your hands!
Also, in RL when doing reality checks, do them properly and consistently. Don’t just think “I know that I’m awake, but I’m just ognna do a RC anyway”. Instead, use RCs to prove that you are not dreaming even when awake. Never expect that you are awake until you have proven it.

When becoming lucid for their first time, most beginners become to excited (I’m dreaming! IM DREAMING! that’s the one :smile: ) and wake up immediately. When you become aware that you are dreaming, stay calm, and try spinning/rubbing hands to increase lucidity

good luck with your future LDs :happy:[/b]

hey thanx! :grin: