talking/moving in dreams

Last night in my dream I yelled really loud, and in a sense I it felt like my physical body was saying it too. I wonder if I actually was mumbling or talking out loud, maybe I should test this with a tape recorder and see what happens. Does anyone else ever have this feeling?

Usually when I start talking it feels like I’m actually moving in RL, but I don’t think I am. As we know, while you’er dreaming everything but your eyes is paralysed. Not sure if you’re still able to get out random mumbling, but it makes me glad I live by myself. :wink:

Hehe yeah. I hope I wasn’t shouting in my sleep, probably woke up the rest of my family :tongue:.

I’ve never really had that feeling… I would imagine that while LDing, you’re more aware of your RL body, but in my LDs I don’t have that feeling either. And definitely I don’t have it in non lucid dreams…

I had it in my last LD, but I usually don’t get this feeling.

I know exactly what you mean… Sometimes I tend to notice what im doing and wake up…
Last night I woke up because I thought I spat in my bed, and so i was looking for a wet spot but didnt find one, so i just went back to sleep…
Sometimes the line between dreams and the so called real life get blurred for me…

Atheist, i dont think your lungs are paralysed when dreaming (obviously… lol), so you could probably make some noise in your dreams too, or even speak.

there was a program (may have been posted here) that would be useful if you have a microphone. It stays paused until you make noise then it will record until you go quiet and pause again.

This will obviously keep the file size down, and with a tape it will only last for what? 45mins?

Right, I get that too sometimes. Like for example I would be peeing in my dreams, wake up thinking “I hope I didn’t actually do that”, and thank goodness I didn’t :content:.

Insane_goth, I would be interested in doing that, since I have a computer right beside my bed :smile:.

Hmm, maybe. There’s obviously a lot more muscular coordination involved in talking coherently than simply breathing, and most of those systems are entirely offline while you’re dreaming.

The only problem with using a microphone is that you can’t tell if you were actually dreaming when you made the noise or not. As we know, you can talk perfectly well when you’re in NREM sleep (at the same time that sleepwalking occurs), even though you aren’t actually dreaming.

Well you could always test things out, like if you have a LD it would be recorded, and you would remember yelling a certain cue, like “I AM JUST DREAMING.” But it would be interesting to hear the noises you would make when sleeping, just because I’m curious to find out.

davee.com/scanrec/index.html

that’s where the program was, but the site appears to be dead. DreamAddict posted it originally in a dream talking thread, maybe he could help out? :help:

Thx, but it isn’t working for me either. Yeah maybe DreamAddict could upload it for us or send it to us?

I got this on my first LD (well, the first full-length version). I thought to should “MORE LUCIDITY” but I was scared I’d wake up the rest of the house, or myself. Kind of irrational, but hey, I was dreaming.