Strange dreams where I thud into my body.

Hey everybody, I’ve been having these since before I LDed, I have about 2 a week, they’re starting to become more frequent, so I must see if any1 else has these.

An example of one is last nights first dream: I was having a dream of a BDay party, eating cake, when I suddenly fell like I was falling onto my back, I fell in slow motion in my brain, but fast in my body. I concluded 3 things while falling, at first, I didnt know I was still dreaming, and I thought I had slipped on a spoon. 2nd I still didnt know I was still dreaming, and I thought I had a blanket around my feet, and I slipped on that. Third, I knew I was dreaming, and it was happening again. I then hit the floor, and with that same THUD and JOLT I woke up, about 1/2 of an inch off my bed. My heart was racing as always.

It seems I gained more conciousness as I fell, and also my heart beat faster, any1 else have these? or am I the “lucky” one?

Well, I haven’t had anything like that, but I’m sure at least one other person on this forum does. I just felt like I ought to reply to this topic because it wasn’t getting any replies, and I know how annoying it is when that happens. And maybe now other people will feel more comfortable replying. Or something.

my first guess is a projection in progress that has been ended quickly (for some reason) and you felt the after-effects of returning. second guess is just a trance feeling.

I’ve had that happen too, although rare, and it goes from dreaming to freefall and eyes open in a flash, quite intense. when I was small it would happen before falling asleep at night, would be walking up a staircase or something when my leg just went through and I’d fall, with a shock I’d be awake, quite fun stuff

Yeah, sometimes I’ll wake up and I’ll be hovering one meter above my bed. Then I’ll come crashing down as I wake up. But those are usually FAs. :smile:

No, I mean like the small thud, you know when you hit the ground from a distance you SLIGHTLY bounce up, thats what it is.

I’ve had that before. I put it down to being awoken from a normal dream unexpectantly. Your mind tries to cope with coming back into reality and your body twitches to “feel” itself. Your first woken memory is the bed bouncing below you and the sense of having just fallen out of your dream and back into bed. At least that’s how I see it.

That’s something I’ve had happen to me before. Usually happens when I trip over something in a dream and feels like I fall into my bed.

I get a similar feeling whenever I use LaBerge’s spinning method in attempt to prolong a LD. Feels like I’ve spun back into my own body. That’s why I just rub my hands together nowadays - works wonders.