Starting LD

Hi, I am pretty new at the lucid dreaming front, eventhough I have been interrested by these subjects for a long time. (writing down dreams etc)

I started lucid dreaming (really “trying” to do it) last week (I’ve read about it for a while tho). I am able to remember 1 dream a night easily(been doing that for a while). … I have allready reached the stage of LD. But I wake up constantly. Each time I realize that I’m dreaming, I get a hurtling sensation, like a slow falling or gently lowering feeling. En then, perfectly timed, every time again, I open my eyes. And I’m awake again. This can repeat upto 5 or 6 times. (fall asleep - realise dream - wakeup)

I know I’m not a diehard. And I really did read all kinds of stuff on web pages about spinning and rubbing hands. But I don’t have the time for it. As I wake up really fast.

can anybody give me a pointer here?

i think it could be one of two things
1.you get too excited, once for me this displayed itself in the form of fear with no cause- sort of like the hurting sensation, but i haven’t experienced it. solution: try to be calm when you realise you are dreaming

1. you are trying too hard. somethimes your body just doesn’t let you achieve your goals (somebody can probably explain it better though), solution: don’t set it up as such priority in your life, just try to become lucid once a night (not the 5/6 times you mentioned)

there is almost definately going to be another suggestion from another member, but that is what i had to say and although they might not have anything to do with the real reason that is all i can think of now, so good luck!

I’ve had those sudden LD abortions before and I don’t know how to stop them once they start. But what I do is try to recapture the LD after I start to wake up, and I do a WILD. I’ve noticed that the WILD just afterward tends to be more stable.

Also could mean you recognize that your dreaming really close to waking up…then a bit to much excitement moves the balance to waking up.

But one hint…try to relax next time u get lucid…make that a goal.
and also practise it in rl …sort of imprinting…wow if i were lucid dreaming now…i relax and make that my goal. Practise that ok.
So it becomes an automatism when u really get lucid again!

Jeff

All good methods are allready above…i`ll just add one not very well known and not tested by many but you have mentioned you have very little time before you wake up from ld.
As soon as you gain lucidity try to hold on to any subject in a dream-a pillar,road sign,whatever is there.
Just see how u go with it,who knows?
ps.Dont make it your constant method cuz all rush moves arent best way in the long run…once you got your minutes of lds try getting used to the feeling calmly:)
good luck

thanks people!..

Excellent technique Jack, I had a falling dream last night and almost woke up but the grabbing gave me time to do other techniques