Medical forums

I’m trying to find a medical forum (for the UK) that I can post some questions on. My nan has a dogy finger, and they want to amputate it, however, shurley they only need to remove the bone, and replace it with something artificial. I don’t think ampudtating the whole thinger is nessasary. But I’m not a medical expert. If amputation isn’t nessasary, then I don’t think my nan should exept it.

Sorry, i don’t know any, but i would be wary of people that think they know what they are talking about when they know nothing. I don’t know if a forum is the best thing to do. Can’t you just get a second or a third opinion from a doctor?

it really depends on the exact problem as to what can be done. You have to understand that amputation is done to stop infection or because there is no “fix” for the problem.

they usually take a little more than necessary to make sure any infection doesn’t spread/survive and the fingers are a little small to do an prosthetics on.

Ask the doctor about all possibilities, get second oppinions for other doctors. that’s the best you can do really, medical forums are good for possibilities but in the end they are the people who have seen and judged the nesseccary course of action.

Yes, probably me over reacting. It was just how causually the doctor said it to her. When my nan asked if he was joking, he said he was dead serious (although prehaps not)